tavagemy.jpg

ejyzumug.jpg

yne5uvu9.jpg

uhabynem.jpg

umu5e5us.jpg

Prime

Shut up Baby, I know it!
Admin
It's nowhere near done. I lost two of the side frame horn nuts. They broke off. So I'll have to do some work to get new nuts in there.

Also, have a LOT of lights to wire up, of course. And the winch needs to be finished.

Edodrian

Lockers Installed
Supporting Member
It's nowhere near done. I lost two of the side frame horn nuts. They broke off. So I'll have to do some work to get new nuts in there.

Also, have a LOT of lights to wire up, of course. And the winch needs to be finished.
They are doable. All of mine are regular nuts and use frame bolts as well.

Still looks awesome though.

Prime

Shut up Baby, I know it!
Admin
I've got these tabs for another 22" Bar. But I'm not sure about it.

nutavunu.jpg

With the other lighting I've got going on (which is still secret) it might be redundant.

Prime

Shut up Baby, I know it!
Admin
Yeah. I think I've decided against the extra 22" bar. It takes away from the cleanliness of the front end. So I'll put that up for sale here in a few days. Then I need to find something small that can mount below the winch. That's where it would look good.

And Dave, I haven't touched the torsion bars yet either, but thanks for the heads up.

metzican

Suspension Lift
Yeah. I think I've decided against the extra 22" bar. It takes away from the cleanliness of the front end. So I'll put that up for sale here in a few days. Then I need to find something small that can mount below the winch. That's where it would look good.

And Dave, I haven't touched the torsion bars yet either, but thanks for the heads up.

Below the winch or above it? I was thinking a bar mounted below that cross tube slightly tucked in.

Prime

Shut up Baby, I know it!
Admin
Below the winch. I originally thought above it right where you're talking about, but after installing I found that I need that opening to reach the clutch for the winch. I thought I'd be able to get it from the top. No.

I'm gonna go out there in a minute and mess with the winch wiring. I'll take some pictures so you xan so what I'm talking about.

Prime

Shut up Baby, I know it!
Admin
So. Wired up the winch. Interesting problem. When the clutch is engaged, the spool free spins as expected. When you trigger the controls the spool spins. Fast. When you disengage the clutch, the spool locks up. When you apply power, it just stops. It won't move at all. It will jog VERY hard to one side or the other and just sit there.

metzican

Suspension Lift
I think I understand what you are trying to say. But your wording is confusing about engage or disengage of the clutch.

So when the Clutch is set to free spin, the winch free spins just fine. But when you trigger the controls it starts spinning like it should with the clutch out of free spin?

But when the Clutch is out of free spin (ready to winch something) it won't spin freely like it suppose to, but you trigger the controls nothing happens?

What do you mean by jog to one side or the other?
What do you mean by it just stops? Like it does not move or it was moving now does not?

Prime

Shut up Baby, I know it!
Admin
Yeah. Had that backwards.

Clutch engaged == ready to winch
Clutch disengaged == free spool

So when the clutch is engaged, I cannot manually turn the drum. It turns about a half an inch in either direction and stops. When power is applied the motion is exactly the same. It just stops dead. Doesn't turn.

If I disengage the clutch I can turn the drum by hand. And in this state when power is applied the drum spins rapidly.

Last edited:

metzican

Suspension Lift
That is really weird, I never tried to run a winch with the clutch disengaged but I always thought the motor should spin freely maybe I'm wrong, It sounds like your motor or gears are binding when the clutch is engaged and it is slightly engaged maybe when it is not "engaged". or does this just release the brake or something?

caseycamby

Suspension Lift
On mine.. I've accidentally tried to pull a load with the clutch disengaged and it would pull a little bit.. it was just very weak and would bog down. I started freaking out because it wasn't TOO big of a load, the winch could have easily handled it. Then I realized it wasn't engaged and it worked fine.

Prime

Shut up Baby, I know it!
Admin
That is really weird, I never tried to run a winch with the clutch disengaged but I always thought the motor should spin freely maybe I'm wrong, It sounds like your motor or gears are binding when the clutch is engaged and it is slightly engaged maybe when it is not "engaged". or does this just release the brake or something?

The documentation talks about an auto brake, but I just don't get it. I'll take it out this week sometime and disassemble the gearbox.

metzican

Suspension Lift
you have an Engo winch right? if so I can try mine tomorrow see what it does when the clutch is disengaged. Besides that I have never heard anything but good things about there customer service so it might not hurt to give them a call.

Prime

Shut up Baby, I know it!
Admin
you have an Engo winch right? if so I can try mine tomorrow see what it does when the clutch is disengaged. Besides that I have never heard anything but good things about there customer service so it might not hurt to give them a call.

Yeah. Engo. Maybe I'll call them before I rip it all apart.

Also, updated the first post w/ current mod list and links. Complete rewrite, really. I didn't realize how much stuff I've actually done till I went through all that.

It seems as though imageshack is messing w/ some of my pictures. Which is supremely irritating.

metzican

Suspension Lift
So I just went out and check m Engo 9k,

Does your clutch rotate almost 180 degree's mine just rotates slightly short of 180. Probably around 170.

When the clutch is disengaged the winch spins completely free absolutely no resistance.
When the clutch is disengaged the winch under power the motor turns but the drum does not turn at all and does not even try to.

When the clutch is engaged everything is normal. Winch is fairly loud.