Prime'z X

Edodrian

Lockers Installed
Supporting Member
Well one would hope not, that's actually one of the tougher items in there IMHO. With the speed of the noise I still lean to pinion bearings, but then I really didn't see wheel speed either.

Prime

Shut up Baby, I know it!
Admin
So...... The truck is back in the driveway. All is good w/ the rear end.

Very strange. They didn't find anything wrong. They did however find a foreign object in the diff.

4arysume.jpg

7yje8yne.jpg

Your eyes do not deceive you. That is a stud of some kind. The guy said he took the entire diff apart, disassembled the locker, he could not find what that went to. He said the thread pitch didn't match up to ANYTHING in the rear end.

First of all, WTactualF. Secondly, if that didn't come FROM the diff, then someone set me up the bomb?

Prime

Shut up Baby, I know it!
Admin
And now, my parking brake is non existent. I'm going to have to look through the stock diff diagram and see if I can find that stud. This thing is going back to them.

Edodrian

Lockers Installed
Supporting Member
And now, my parking brake is non existent. I'm going to have to look through the stock diff diagram and see if I can find that stud. This thing is going back to them.
If they pulled drums thinking they had to get axles out, they backed the brakes off.

I don't recall the factory rear having studs internally anywhere.

Prime

Shut up Baby, I know it!
Admin
Yeah. I'm pretty much pissed. Paid them like $400 in shop time to dig a piece of metal out of my diff that shouldn't have been there to begin with, they were the last ones to open the diff, and I get it back and my back brakes don't work at all? Yeah. I'm gonna need you to fix this, and give me my money back.

Prime

Shut up Baby, I know it!
Admin
Well, since I can't take the truck back until Monday so I can talk to/yell at the service manager, I decided to do a few things.

ejary3yp.jpg

Got the ProLink installed instead of the ugly hook. And you'll notice that the holes in the RLC are no longer empty.

Prime

Shut up Baby, I know it!
Admin
These are JW Speaker Model 90 LED Headlights.

That's right. Headlights.

I figure that I have a lot of light right in front of the truck with the HID's. But the problem is that the headlights are so damn high that I almost have to aim them at the ground in order not to blind the hell out of people.

These are mounted MUCH lower allowing me to aim them to shoot more light further down the road. And since they're DOT approved headlights, I should have no issues with the law.

Whoa, that's awesome! You have them wired independently or to the stock fog light switch on the stalk?

They're on the stalk. But I am going to do the bypass so that I can power them without the HID's on.

Last edited:

Prime

Shut up Baby, I know it!
Admin
They're not unattainable. But I paid $230 each for them. Spread out over several months. Figure drop in LED headlights are in the 2-300 range for good ones. Plus, DOT approved LED headlights for the full sealed beam replacements that you see on the Harley's and such now a days are about $600 or so.

Taking all that into consideration, they're not that bad. Of course you also have to take into account that this is only half the kit. These are low beam only. So if you wanted to do a full high/low setup you'd need 4. Heh.

Last edited: