RoninJiro's Build (now diesel)

Roninjiro

Need Bigger Tires
lol you guys put a smile on my face! Good news, diesel power mag finally got back to me today after about a month. They are going to put me in the section reader's diesels, so it is not a feature or anything. (baby steps I tell myself)

Last edited:

Roninjiro

Need Bigger Tires
Wheeltober Fest at Hidden Falls Adventure park, We broke off into a small group

BTW they are each 15min long, so skip through if you please. I really don't like editing nor have the time

[video=youtube_share;lyCr9Tw7kDA]http://youtu.be/lyCr9Tw7kDA[/video]
[video=youtube;mUunZd6G3C8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUunZd6G3C8&feature=share&list=UUgyF5_9jhQzoJOnUS6BvkIQ[/video]
[video=youtube;BSVpxm2hrjQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSVpxm2hrjQ&feature=share&list=UUgyF5_9jhQzoJOnUS6BvkIQ[/video]

Last edited:

Roninjiro

Need Bigger Tires
Yea it is nice out there Johann and you might just like it. Derrick, yea about that... I did not think about the round rock I decided to step on before i did it lol.

Roninjiro

Need Bigger Tires
Last minute meet up with a fellow X'er and we went to Hidden Falls.

403498_206451149489471_757446998_n.jpg

522383_206453866155866_976028198_n.jpg

22524_206453882822531_1459190919_n.jpg

405143_206450306156222_30238821_n.jpg

222481_206451166156136_526143246_n.jpg

424_206450326156220_597056568_n.jpg

Roninjiro

Need Bigger Tires
questions for everyone!

1. What do you think this xterra is worth? (be honest please)
2. Do you think it would be worth more parted out or sold as whole?

I have considered these myself but it is hard to judge since I built/modified it. I have also considered keeping it also but; unless the society falls apart in december, I really rather have the money to pay toward our new frontier and get it paid off to start mods. For me this project has gone as far as I ever wanted and for me nothing else needs to be done, so I am ready to move on.

Macland

Titan Swapped / SAS'd
Founding Member
questions for everyone!

1. What do you think this xterra is worth? (be honest please)
2. Do you think it would be worth more parted out or sold as whole?

I have considered these myself but it is hard to judge since I built/modified it. I have also considered keeping it also but; unless the society falls apart in december, I really rather have the money to pay toward our new frontier and get it paid off to start mods. For me this project has gone as far as I ever wanted and for me nothing else needs to be done, so I am ready to move on.

Take the value from KBB and add the value for the diesel engine, part out the other additions that come off easily. Part the bumpers out and the tires too. You'll never get what it's truly worth but this would get you more cash.

Roninjiro

Need Bigger Tires
Take the value from KBB and add the value for the diesel engine, part out the other additions that come off easily. Part the bumpers out and the tires too. You'll never get what it's truly worth but this would get you more cash.

Thank you for that answer. That sounds like the best way to go about it. Just need to find some stock wheels bumpers and whatever else.

drbandkgb

Titan Swapped / SAS'd
Founding Member
Good luck on the sale.. A modified Xterra really isn't worth more than a stock Xterra.. Sadly it will not bring all the time and hard work you have put in it..

I would sell the bumper for sure..

Roninjiro

Need Bigger Tires
Yea that is why I hate when I modify anything... always tend to lose a lot of money on them even with part outs. Oh well, I guess I better start thinking on pricing for my bumpers.

drbandkgb

Titan Swapped / SAS'd
Founding Member
I'd ask close to what you paid for it
Either people will wait months and months from Shrock or they can have one now

Timrich

Super Duper Moderator
Founding Member
Hate to see this beast go. When your ready let me know some prices on the front bumper. Do you have sliders as well?

Sent from my Galaxy S III

TheFauxFox

Titan Swapped / SAS'd
Founding Member
I had to read through your thread again, but I never found what I was looking for.

What kind of numbers are you getting out of the engine?
HP, torque, peak performance, etc...?

Roninjiro

Need Bigger Tires
I had to read through your thread again, but I never found what I was looking for.

What kind of numbers are you getting out of the engine?
HP, torque, peak performance, etc...?

Could not tell you to be honest. Never dyno'd it before and after the raise in boost and pressure. All I can tell you is that I went from around 9-10 psi to 20-22 psi with fuel to compensate. The change is like night and day.

Roninjiro

Need Bigger Tires
If anyone wants to do the swap and wants to save $800 from what I am selling my spare. Found a QD32ETI on ebay here. It should be almost the exact same in dimensions but with more power.

but you will have to change out transmission and figure out the ecu stuff. I can also see there is no vacuum pump on the alternator either for your brake booster. The intercooler is missing too.

Roninjiro

Need Bigger Tires
Well guys coming up for sell after the 21st of december are my Shrockworks front and rear bumpers!!!! This is because if we go post apocalyptic I may need them, if not then I will not! Anyhow stay tuned....

Last edited:

Roninjiro

Need Bigger Tires
Lol yea if it goes for what I want (which is realistic, and I will not say unless it sells) then of course the bumpers will not go up for sell. But you never know

I put the truck on eBay btw. See link above

I still have the spare motor/tranny if you wanna just convert your own.

Last edited:

Roninjiro

Need Bigger Tires
For front and rear bumpers, if the truck doesn't sell for what I want (bumpers will go with the truck if it sells), will be pretty much retail. The closest to what I paid will allow you to call them yours. Right now Johann has come pretty dang close to retail on the rear bumper.

What it cost me:
Rear bumper $888.00
Front bumper $909.00

additional costs were expedited cost of $179.70 and tax was $143.31

Roninjiro

Need Bigger Tires
Shed no tears my friend, it will live on. I would like for it to go to one of the businesses that deals with xterra products, that way I know it would have a good home. Even better a owner that will drive it around the world to really prove its worth.