Headers are on tight. I replaced the IAC it had been bad for ages. I also swapped the 1 and 6 injectors while this was all apart. IAC code is gone. Then it was throwing a P0300. Let it sit for a day and tried it all again. Just a P0306. Been trying to troubleshoot that all day now.
but i swapped spark plugs, right? i must have put #4 back into 4 and not into 1. shop made sure, they did not want to call me back with just that. but im just glad its over. I spent too many hours looking at this project.
Mine is still sitting in the driveway throwing P0306. I have replaced the long bad IAC, done new cap, rotor, plugs and wires. While I was doing the IAC, I switched injectors 1 and 6. Still have the issue. I feel like I have addressed fuel and spark that leaves compression. No idea how this could randomly happen with the header swap.
I realized that I had never posted the final resolution of this. The thing that finally resolved the misfires and non-running state was the replacement of a Chinese MAF with a genuine Hitachi unit. The truck runs like a champ. It should with everything I replaced along the way.