lbishop's build thread

lbishop

Need Bigger Tires
Just for ****s and giggles, heres where the xterra addiction started for me lol

1st was a 2000 se 4x2 xtreme edition (w/ rebuilt title and 122,000 on the clock) Got it for $3600 when I turned 16
DSC_0871.jpg

Kept it for like a year, and then decided I wanted 4wd and traded it for a toyota tacoma single cab 4x4. Turns out though the tacoma had severe rust issues (somebody did a great job of hiding it with undercoating) and later was bought back by toyota. I had roughly $8500 in the truck after taxes and some body repair. Toyota cut me a check $10,400 WIN!!!! They bought those trucks back at book + half

Then I went lookin for a 4x4 xterra and found this about mid way through my senior year of high school
2004 XE 4x4 w/ 82,000 on the clock, Snagged for $9250 not counting tax title and license fee. All said, she ended being around $10,250 or so
Myxterra.jpg

(Heres how she set when I got her well, minus mud flaps and step rails) (pict is off my phone so not real good)

After finding clubxterra
DSC_0974.jpg

(t-bar crank, gear rims, and cooper discover stts)

Heres is how she sets today

Mods to date w/ links for more info. and prices

Suspension/lift & Steering
*3 inch hd bilsteins rear
*3 inch hd bilsteins front
*bilstein steering stabilizer
* Calmini UCA's
*4x4parts Revolver shackles
*PRG Products 2nd gen. Deaver 2-spring AAL
*2 inch body lift
*gap on rear bumper fixed
* Hoohaa Steering Centerlink
* A.C hd tie rod adjusters (yet 2 be installed)
* Total Chaos Idler Arm Brace (yet 2 be installed)

Interior
*15% tint all the way around
*Kenwood xd 794 cd stereo deck w/ ipod hook-up
*6x5.5 Rockford Fosgate Punch speakers w/ tweeters (up front)
*6x9 Sony xplode's (in the back)

wheels/tires
*265/75/16 Cooper Discoverer st maxxs
* bedlined stock nissan wheels
* Pro Comp 7032's (4.5 inch backspacing)

Lighting
*PIAA xtreme white headlights
* 2 PIAA 520 ATP (all-terrain pattern) off-road lights
* l.e.d tail lights

Armor
*Rocky Road Supersliders

Recovery Gear
* 60 Inch hi-lift xtreme jack

Misc.
*Gadsen Flag front license plate
* bedlined gas flap w/ oakley O
*4x4parts camber bolts
*4x4parts u-bolts
*4x4parts extended rear brake line
* 12 volt deep cycle battery

* Just a work in progress:d

Last edited:

lbishop

Need Bigger Tires
painting the plastics I started from the back of the truck and work foward!!!

I was only gonna paint my hitch lol, then I ended up cutting on my bumper to fix the gap after the body lift and it needed paint. Then none of the plastic matched so I had to paint it to.

I used rusto-luem truck bed coating

Prep work
1: Removed from truck
2: Sanded/ roughed up
3: Wipe down with alcohol
4: Painted

DSC_0989.jpg

DSC_0988.jpg

It rained liek the next day so theres mud on the hitch and yes I did drive it for awhile with the license plate zip-tied to the hitch. I would ahve put in the rear window but my tint is to dark to see it

DSC_0990.jpg

DSC_0992.jpg

DSC_0994.jpg

DSC_0995.jpg

DSC_1011.jpg

Finally made it to the front of the truck
DSC_1027.jpg

Used VHT Brake Caliper paint on the silver bar on the grill
DSC_1031.jpg

DSC_1048.jpg

A shot of paint on the roof rack plastics also, (Its raining or they'd be better picts
DSC_1049.jpg

the only plastic left to be painted is the plastic trim strips on the door and the windshield wiper cowl

lbishop

Need Bigger Tires
thanx man, its typical not that clean, it had just been washed when I took those pictures

The x is usually more of a brown and white color :D

lbishop

Need Bigger Tires
just some updates and a poser shot lol:

DSC_1068.jpg

DSC_1074.jpg

*a buddy of mine had the ideal for this set-up. we ended taking the screws out of the back of the switch and then drilling the plastic its mounted to and then putting the screw back in place. Then took a drill and remmed out enough of a slot to hide the wire that runs through the bottom of the switch. Overall looks pretty stock.

i've had this for awhile now just getting around to putting up pictures
Rocky Road Supersliders:
DSC_1072.jpg

DSC_1071.jpg

lbishop

Need Bigger Tires
So after a local tire shop did $300 worht of damage to my gear wheels I decided to pull them off the truck and bedline my stock ones. and went ahead and got her some new shoes while I was at.

Sorry no picts of the prep work and stuff

But heres the steps I used
1: Sanded wheels down to bare metal
2: Wipe down with acetone
3: Taped off where the bead would seal
4: Sprayed w/ rusto-luem self-etching primer
5: Painted with rusto-luem spray on bedliner

Heres the wheels and tires loaded up to go to the tire shop
0924121823.jpg

Mounted,balanced,and ready to go on the xterra
0926021846.jpg

New shoes on the xterra
0930120850.jpg

0930120852.jpg

I really like these tires, got about 3000 miles on them. The road manners are phenomal. Slight hum but nothing major.... Handled everything ive threw at them off-road

AZhiAZiAM

Suspension Lift
ya that's what i was thinking they looked pretty far off. but they looked good. stock rims black though look great with those tires. i have the MT version of them and love them.

lbishop

Need Bigger Tires
I liked the stance they gave it but after the tire shop tore some of the silver things off, I didnt wanna pay for 2 new rims. So off the truck they came

I loved the stts. I had them on my truck senior year of high school. But once I started driving back and fourth to school I burned through them. You cant beat them off-road though. Im diggin these st maxxs though they seem to be a good compromise

Thanx for the compliments, Ur X is sick dude that bumper up front is awesome... Blacked out desert runners set it off and looks mean as all get out

AZhiAZiAM

Suspension Lift
thanks. i was going to ask you how you liked the ST's because like you just said driving a ton on these MT's they seem like they are going to go threw pretty quick. i drive a ton going to work so was thinking about switching to them soon. should of had the shop pay for those rims. i would of thrown a bi**ch fit.

lbishop

Need Bigger Tires
And to top it off all the tires slung the wheel weights before i got home with and they didnt put any of my valve stem covers back on... I found all that crap when I got home with it. Went back the next day told em what was up, they offered to re-balance the tires and then pointed to a sign that said not responsible for damage to aftermarket rims... So I yelled at em and cussed em out and told them that I didnt want them touchin my truck again. SO was basically out on my wheels

Got a good hook up on my st maxxs, got out with 265/75/16s for $775 for the set... I dont think you would be going wrong switchin to the st maxxs.

AZhiAZiAM

Suspension Lift
man that's rough. i would of done the same thing too. that's why i hate so many local shops around here. and ill have to look into some sizing / pricing on those maxx's. only thing that sucks is they only come in 16's damn DR's are 15's lol.

lbishop

Need Bigger Tires
I like the desert runner rims, and cooper is suppose to be comin out with more sizes in the st maxxs

Added this along with one of creepys xterranation.org stickers awhile back
DSC_1381.jpg

AZhiAZiAM

Suspension Lift
i hope they do, and those mountains look good. i feel like nissan forgot to put those on when the let the xterra leave the plant. there should of been something over the badge.

lbishop

Need Bigger Tires
thanks mac!!!

and a past mod, I just realized i didnt have a picture of up

*I wanted to do a browning logo first, and messed it up peeling the buckmark off. So I painted the whole door and left it that way for awhile. Then came a 3d buckmark painted white to match the truck. It came undone, and i tried to glue it back on but no luck. Then I saw this awesome oakley O. It was some kind of special edition logo they did
DSC_1425_zps619bfab3.jpg

coming soon:
1. l.e.d tailights
2. Revolver shackles
3. calmini UCA's
4. calmini aal

Last edited:

lbishop

Need Bigger Tires
got my l.e.d tail lights, wasnt really sure how i'd like an all red light but i'm happy with them, way brighter than stock

* I had to splice the plug off the stock tailights onto these in order to run them

One installed, one 2 go
3bd750a4-31bd-4429-a1f4-c57430d2c998_zps3877540a.jpg

shot of them lit up (lenses is a little dusty lol)
0316132050_zpsc104b4ec.jpg

lbishop

Need Bigger Tires
*Order my calmini upper control arms just now!!! I opted for calmini upper arms due to fact, Ive been seeing post about ac's arms eating upper ball joints. There finally back in stock and ready to be shipped out next couple of days

* Revolver shackles and extended rear brake line in hand and ready to go
DSC_1428_zps74e4e72c.jpg

* bad news, Im on like a six week waiting list for the aal from calmini :zomg:

Xado89

Skid Plates
Grats on the new parts coming your way, sucks to wait so long. However that moment when they arrive will be so glorious.

lbishop

Need Bigger Tires
well lift kit is currently on hold pending the outcome of my speeding ticket.... Got hit with 55 in 40, went to court, took driving school to keep it off my record, and go back either in may (trying to get date moved up) or june (the current date). Hopin the ticket gets dismissed if not there goes $205.00 down the drain

I thought this was a cool picture lol

Ryandrew

Bought an X
well lift kit is currently on hold pending the outcome of my speeding ticket.... Got hit with 55 in 40, went to court, took driving school to keep it off my record, and go back either in may (trying to get date moved up) or june (the current date). Hopin the ticket gets dismissed if not there goes $205.00 down the drain

I thought this was a cool picture lol

I've definitely had my fair share of those! But the wait will be we'll worth it when you get all those parts installed. I've had the Calmini UCA's on for a couple weeks, and I love em. I also have the AAL waiting in my garage for a free weekend. Nice pic, your X is looking good! GL with the ticket!

yellowx16

Need Bigger Tires
Founding Member
sorry to hear that man, I've been in the same situation though! Good luck with the ticket, the X looks great, can't wait to see it with the SL.

lbishop

Need Bigger Tires
well made my decision in on springs

(drum roll please lol)

Anyways, I ended ordering the deaver 2nd gen. 2 spring pack like xterror04 is running from prg products. Got a email this morning saying there 1-2 weeks out from being back in stock. No big deal though I guess.

I wanted old man emu's but after a speeding ticket and deciding I wanted to put money towards a Kimber ultra carry II 1911, I ordered the deaver pack. Should give me about 2 inches, maybe a little less since my springs in back have settled some I think.

Getting closer towards being ready for install

lbishop

Need Bigger Tires
the springs ran me $150 and I got them from prg

http://www.prgproducts.com/shop/product/2_prg_deaver_xterra_2-leaf_spring_pack/

greg sent me email this morning telling me they're like 1-2 weeks behind shipping these cause of manufacturer delays. I shopped around and couldn't find them anywhere any cheaper. I think theyll be a good combo paired with the revolvers.

I also went ahead and ordered these too, idk if i needed them or not.
https://www.4x4parts.com/nissan/leaf-spring-ubolt-kit-p-4996.html

stevencox93

First Fill-Up (of many)
sweet man post up pics when you get them installed because i think im on the same route you are with piecing together the SL. AC UCAs eating ball joints after them being so new is crazy and Ive always felt the Calmini ones looked beefier

lbishop

Need Bigger Tires
cool man, ill get some picts up asap.... Are you gonna run revolvers?

I think piecing it together is the way to go lol, especiallyg if you wanna pick and choose what goes on your truck instead of being locked into a kit. Plus like you said ac uca's eating balljoints made me nervous and made go with the calmini arms instead

stevencox93

First Fill-Up (of many)
It all depends on how much lift the add a leafs add. Right now its a slow progress for me with my job and going to college and right now all my funds ar heading towards rebedlining the exterior of my X and I bought the body lift so thats my summer project. so far the ordering list is Calmini steering, then either the SL or my new rim and tire combo, the an RLC bumper. SLOOOOOOOWLY building but getting there. Just got to tackle this BL first.

lbishop

Need Bigger Tires
Well after alot of beatin, bangin, cussin, throwin stuff, cuttin stuff, and a torchin stuff both of my new UCA's are on. Only got pictures of one side

So the fron of the truck is basically done, Now shes setting in the driveway waiting on my springs to come in. Suppose to be in by the 16th

Also got a new co-pilot, shes an 11 week old boxer/ mastiff mix.... already weighs 30 lbs, shes gonna be a big girl lol