NEW Alcan 4" Lift Springs for 1st Gen Xterra -- SPRING OVER CONVERSION

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fletch

Test Drive
Like the title says. Pair these up with a set of Parts Mike anti-wrap perches, ( http://www.partsmike.com/index.php?c...on=show_detail
) and you will have a 4" lift over stock height, perfect for use with any SAS swap. Way flexier, and provides WAY more ground clearance than any spring under setup could ever offer. These springs provide approximately 11" of overall travel.

Springs were mounted, but have only been run for 200 (gentle, on-road) miles. They will need to be run with the center pin in the rear hole on the perches shown above for the axle to be located properly. The only reason I decided to replace them with an identical set is because I am so gobble damned anal retentive that I wanted to have the center pin located in the center hole on the perch if I ever decide to move my axle back for 37's. I was going to hang onto these as spares, but I need the cash. Spring do not come with bushings.

Normally $630.00 + shipping and tax for the pair from Alcan. Asking $475 + shipping, but no reasonable offer refused. See pics below -- This is what your X will look like with these exact springs mounted with above referenced perches and slightly longer shackles than stock.

Last edited:

metzican

Suspension Lift
Hell I would of bought these for my trailer to just brag and show off to all the gen 1 folk who are not buying these. If they were available 4 months ago.

Fletch

Test Drive
LOL! No **** huh? I can't believe these are still here considering what I'm asking for them... Not too many guys that are serious about their suspensions around here I guess?

KBC

Bought an X
Going by your description in the first post, Wouldn't you want to run the centre pin in the rear hole if you move the axle back later for 37"s like you mention? It would move the pin forward on the perch wouldn't it? If you had some made so running whatever tire size you are at now it ran in the middle hole, wouldn't that give you less room to move the axle back? You're probably going to delete this post like you did my last one but how many others have you deleted as well?

Fletch

Test Drive
Going by your description in the first post, Wouldn't you want to run the centre pin in the rear hole if you move the axle back later for 37"s like you mention? It would move the pin forward on the perch wouldn't it? If you had some made so running whatever tire size you are at now it ran in the middle hole, wouldn't that give you less room to move the axle back? You're probably going to delete this post like you did my last one but how many others have you deleted as well?

Yeah, that was typo. To move the axle back, the pin would be in the forward hole of the perch, not the rear. Bottom line is if you run these springs with the pin in the middle hole, 33" km2's will rub the front fender ever so slightly under full compression. Moving the axle back and putting the pin in the forward hole makes it clear nicely.

Not sure what the hell you're talking about in regard to deleting your post... I'm not a moderator here, and as such, I don't have that ability to delete posts. Not sure why anyone would delete your post anyway.

Might want to take your grievances up with whoever runs the board.

Status
Not open for further replies.