Sionnach's Build Thread: Temperance

Sionnach

Bought an X
Founding Member
I picked up my 2000 SE on Dec 20th 2008 after my 1990 Jeep Cherokee caught on fire (while at a gas station).
I got another 4x4 since I like going on gravel adventures. Also it was snowing the day I got the X and I drove home in 4HI and didn't take it out of 4x4 until about 2 weeks later.

Stock 2000 Xterra SE by sionnach_tbg, on Flickr

Thor mod by sionnach_tbg, on Flickr

Started replacing the lights

White LED dome lights by sionnach_tbg, on Flickr

Map light lit interior by sionnach_tbg, on Flickr

Map light lit interior by sionnach_tbg, on Flickr

Then I started getting parts. :)

Torsion bars by sionnach_tbg, on Flickr

Shocks and Shackles by sionnach_tbg, on Flickr

Painted the pieces

AC Shackles & Total Chaos IAB by sionnach_tbg, on Flickr

Steering upgrade!!

Spencer Low Racing parts by sionnach_tbg, on Flickr

replaced the spark plugs and wires (had normal rodent damage that we seem to get)

NGK spark plug wires by sionnach_tbg, on Flickr

Optima yellowtop by sionnach_tbg, on Flickr

Found out my tires were almost bald - we were predicted to have pretty heavy snow for our area so I upgraded and got the biggest I could without a BL or SL.

New shoes 32" BFG AT/KO by sionnach_tbg, on Flickr
(we never did get that snow...)

New stickers by sionnach_tbg, on Flickr

Zombie Response by sionnach_tbg, on Flickr

Offroad edition by sionnach_tbg, on Flickr

rear - terrapass badge by sionnach_tbg, on Flickr

side - terrapass badge by sionnach_tbg, on Flickr

Then we blew a head gasket

blown headgasket by sionnach_tbg, on Flickr

While we were doing the head gasket and timing belt change I upgraded the alternator.

Mean green! by sionnach_tbg, on Flickr

Made some cup holders...

Riehle mod by sionnach_tbg, on Flickr

Riehle mod left side by sionnach_tbg, on Flickr

DepHep rack - beginning mods by sionnach_tbg, on Flickr

Line-x by sionnach_tbg, on Flickr

continued...

Last edited:

Sionnach

Bought an X
Founding Member

Cargo Drawers - carpeted & installed by sionnach_tbg, on Flickr

Reconfiguring the CB wire by sionnach_tbg, on Flickr

Cobra 75WX Clamp mockup by sionnach_tbg, on Flickr

I've finalized the design for printing. If you want to 3d print your own you can either download the file or order from Shapeways.
http://shpws.me/nqyf

And here is the mockup. I'll be test fitting today. (01-07-2012)

Cobra 75wx cable holder mockup by sionnach_tbg, on Flickr

Spent a cold day in the garage today (while it was snowing) working on the cargo drawers (adding padding and carpet to the interior and then working to finish the CB cable holder.

Got everything sanded down and the holes tapped.
I still need to paint it, but it looks like the plastic will be strong enough without having to go to metal.

Test fitting:

Cobra 75wx cable holder by sionnach_tbg, on Flickr

To be continued...

Last edited:

civicjoe

lone wolf mod
Founding Member
Spent a cold day in the garage today (while it was snowing) working on the cargo drawers (adding padding and carpet to the interior and then working to finish the CB cable holder.

Got everything sanded down and the holes tapped.
I still need to paint it, but it looks like the plastic will be strong enough without having to go to metal.

Test fitting:

From Passengers seat:

What do you guys think?
Nice work!
I actually half way installed mine today too, got the mic hanger mounted and tucked the wires.
Same CB too

Sionnach

Bought an X
Founding Member
I bedlined the CB cable holder. I think it works pretty well. If anyone wants the file it only cost $40 to print out the piece in plastic. I'll turn the files public so that anyone can print them off.

The only thing I might do different is to move the whole thing back further on the hump towards the engine.
(but I had holes to cover up for now ;) )

Untitled by sionnach_tbg, on Flickr

What do you guys think?

Jmac289gt

Sliders
Founding Member
I think everything you have done is awesome...specially love the box in the back.

I have so much crap in mine people are always making comments about it. That would be something I would love to have myself to organize all my recovery items and tools and misc. crap into one place and still have cargo room for other things on top of it.

dhyde79

Titan Swapped / SAS'd
Founding Member
very nice....I'm seriously considering something like that back box for mine, except it'll be a hatch style like my existing "hidey hole" and I'll pull the hidey hole cover off to make more room.

am I seeing it right that you mixed some epoxy up and painted it onto the wood itself to "finish" it and make it harder?

Sionnach

Bought an X
Founding Member
am I seeing it right that you mixed some epoxy up and painted it onto the wood itself to "finish" it and make it harder?

yes, I used Marine epoxy to make it stronger and to waterproof the interior, so I've basically got wet boxes back there.
I also put in padded shelf liner just to keep the noise of anything rattling about inside the drawers down.

Roadwarrior

Titan Swapped / SAS'd
Founding Member
I love your rig, all of the electronics are spot on, and how you wired them is killer.

I also like the custom box in the back, any ideas on if you want to "release" those plans to the public?

Sionnach

Bought an X
Founding Member
I'm working on the plans now.
May take a little while as I rebuild the sketchup file.

I'll get it generally close though w/ some modifications needing to be done as you build.

I'll note those changes though.

I may be able to get to it more on Saturday.

Last edited:

chuckamazuk

First Fill-Up (of many)
Founding Member
Nice X man! Did you make a bracket for your switches under your stereo or did they fit snugly into the compartment below the stereo in a double-din adapter?

Sionnach

Bought an X
Founding Member
Nice X man! Did you make a bracket for your switches under your stereo or did they fit snugly into the compartment below the stereo in a double-din adapter?

Made a bracket to hold the radio and the switches.

Based it off the double pocket one and a six switch port from otrattw.

TN4x4Xterra

Suspension Lift
Not yet. These are the standard incandescents, so they get kinda warm, eventually I'll swap it out for LEDs

Maybe you can help me out a bit, did you have to get rocker switch bodies with these? I see you have the 6 slot plate for them so was wondering if you had to get the switch bodies with the rockers?

Sionnach

Bought an X
Founding Member
Maybe you can help me out a bit, did you have to get rocker switch bodies with these? I see you have the 6 slot plate for them so was wondering if you had to get the switch bodies with the rockers?

You have a couple of options.
I bought the combined switch body and the rocker. If you want to customize (or like I will in the future - swap out the body but not the rocker) you can buy the rocker and the body separately.

NismoFire

Titan Swapped / SAS'd
Founding Member
I don't know why I've never looked at your build before...didn't know what I was missing! VERY NICE sir!!!

Sub'd for future mods.