CMD's X

CMD

Bought an X
Founding Member
This is my X. (Most recent picture/update soon.)
262480_10150247372606491_643181490_8138233_3851056_n.jpg

2003 XE 109,XXX

Tires/Wheels:
33'' BFG AT's
15'' Stock Alloys

Suspension:
AC UCA's
AC Single AAL
Calmini Shackles
Low-Pro Bumpstops

Armor:
Shrockworks Rad Skid
Shrockworks Engine Skid
Shrockworks Trans Skid
Custom Gas Tank Skid
Custom Sliders

Electronics:
Pioneer DEH-6300
Cobra 18 WX w/ 4' Firestik

Lighting:
HID 6000k Headlamps
2 Hella 500's
2 IPF Back Up's

Other:
Bedlined & Trimmed Plastics
WeatherTech Floor Mats
Ventshade Rain Guards
Hi-Lift 48"
ARB Deflators
Lots o' spare parts

Unresolved issues:
Snapped ABS line (rear driver) - 06/10
Fubar'd front skid - 1/11
Snapped CB coax - 03/11
Bent idler arm - 07/11

This is the progression of it..

Bought in 09'. PML + 31's

Sold the 31's, did a BL.

Bought 33'' Kumho MT's

Built my own sliders

Finished my suspension lift.

Then

Light Setup

HID's + Hellas
284589_10150246808881491_643181490_8132922_6570580_n.jpg

On the trails..

34727_436797586490_643181490_5864560_6322136_n.jpg

Rest can be found:

Edit: Removed two broken P-bucket links. Unable to salvage any pics. 10/2017 Kirk

Last edited by a moderator:

drbandkgb

Titan Swapped / SAS'd
Founding Member
Welcome in man.. I have always liked your rig... The Kumho tires were sweet with it...

CMD

Bought an X
Founding Member
Welcome in man.. I have always liked your rig... The Kumho tires were sweet with it...
I loved the Kumho's but needed some non-directional tires so I could rotate em good and preserve the tread wear. AT's were the answer. I still have 2 Kumho's and 2 BFG KM1's that I had on it before that I'm trying to find some rims have a MT's set if I really need em. Thanks man.

SnickerDoodle

Life's Better Seeing Pink
Founding Member
Haha I know right! We were all coming back from O'Neals after multipule Irish Trash Cans and Patroit shots to find you three in the parking lot. Glad I had those beers for ya'll. Good times.

CMD

Bought an X
Founding Member
How do you like the SL? is it a 3 inch lift?

Yes its the full 3" and I love it. The articulation alone is nice enough to do it, not to mention how it looks afterwards. Very easy to do too. The leaves took me an hour and the UCA's/brakelines/bumpstops about 2-3

CMD

Bought an X
Founding Member
Building a box for my tire in the back. This is going to tied me over till I can afford to buy the metal for some sort of exterior tire carrier. The box is going to be a combination of plywood/2x3/2x6.

As of now it going to have the tire under it, so it will sit about 14" off the floor. There will be two pieces of plywood that are cut perfectly to the contours of the back of the truck around the speakers etc. Then it will be supported at three points. One in the back and then two near each mesh cubby.. This will give me back a flat surface and the ability to store stuff in an elastic/mesh cover.

Idea two -
Build a 5-6" high platform so the tire can sit on top of it and I will have some area below to secretly store stuff like my guns/ammo.

Macland

Titan Swapped / SAS'd
Founding Member
Building a box for my tire in the back. This is going to tied me over till I can afford to buy the metal for some sort of exterior tire carrier. The box is going to be a combination of plywood/2x3/2x6.

As of now it going to have the tire under it, so it will sit about 14" off the floor. There will be two pieces of plywood that are cut perfectly to the contours of the back of the truck around the speakers etc. Then it will be supported at three points. One in the back and then two near each mesh cubby.. This will give me back a flat surface and the ability to store stuff in an elastic/mesh cover.

Idea two -
Build a 5-6" high platform so the tire can sit on top of it and I will have some area below to secretly store stuff like my guns/ammo.

You could also make it convertible into some sort of sleeping area for camping.

CMD

Bought an X
Founding Member
You could also make it convertible into some sort of sleeping area for camping.

Good idea, I have a way I just thought up on how to be able to convert my original style with a bed add in so I don't need to have it with me all the time, just when I know I'll be going camping. Fold out legs and a section of 8" wide 1/4" thick plate. It will over lap the first box (one support) and it will have locking fold out leg that go right behind the front two seats. This will fold down to about 2-3 inches with the main thickness near the legs. This could just sit on top of the existing box until needed. Thanks for bringing this up. Looks like i'll probably go through with it.

Will post pictures tomorrow with the complete project or some progress. See how smoothly it goes.

CMD

Bought an X
Founding Member
I'm not in love with it, BUT its unique and looks like I've been in a accident. haha

b3cbac48.jpg~original

Last edited by a moderator:

CMD

Bought an X
Founding Member
Did an oil change.. Burned a 1/4 of a quart of oil and found out by the sweet taste of anti freeze that i'm leaking some near my thermostat. I guess tomorrow I'll tear it all down and take a look.