Cb/AM/FM antenna

xterror04

Site sponsor
Founding Member
I could not find any where that I liked my cb antenna, and I don't really listen to the radio much.....

So I found this thing

One end plugs into your stereo and the other goes to your cb then the antenna cable plugs in the opposite end

Next I removed the factory antenna and mounted my cb antenna mount over the old antenna hole

I then ran the antenna wire through the door grommet up to the antenna

Hooked it into the cb radio and car stereo and put the antenna, and fender back on

I know there's a few holes in the write up, if you have any questions just ask....

My radio reception is way better then before, I have tested the cb out running down the highway and it pics up other people fine...

I will keep you posted on how it is when I go on my next trail run

Antenna is a 2 ft firestick 2

Tay-Lo

I'm the king of junk food!
Do you have the Rockford factory amp still? I have the firestik splitter and when the radio is on and I speak though the CB the signal feeds though the amp into my speakers. It gets worse when the radio antenna is plugged into the headunit.

Tay-Lo

I'm the king of junk food!
Ok it seems I'm the only one around here thats done this and has the factory amp......I did find out corvetts had this problem way back and they wrapped aluminum foil around the splitter but that didn't seem to help me any.

I've done the same thing you did with putting it in the factory antenna location but I used a 4' Firefly.....It hits freaking everything especially on trails