FauxFox's Build - Slow, But Faithful Build

TheFauxFox

Titan Swapped / SAS'd
Founding Member
So, I guess now that I've begun to get things together, its time to start a build thread.

FauxFox's: Slow, But Faithful Build: 2000 Xterra XE 2WD

Before we get started, here's my story. I had a '97 F150... okay my dad did, and I drove it around. One day, he decided I needed my own car, so I went to work and found myself an Xterra... with more miles than you probably have on your X right now. But I was pleased when I saw every (and I mean EVERY) receipt for the vehicle as well as a full AutoCheck report upon the first sight of it. Runs pretty nice, too. I sense a budget build coming on.

Welcome Home! 7/20/2011
... Ok, so I wasn't the one who drove it home day one. I was out of state, so I had someone pick her up for me. Mmm, bald Cooper M/Ts.
xterra_front.jpg

xterra_rear_blur.jpg

First things, first; time for new shoes. 8/5/2011
I wish I could have taken pictures of the old tires. They looked more like racing slicks.
+ Yokohama 31'' Geolander A/Ts.

Mod Day. 8/6-7/2011
This day was mainly so I could clean, paint, and assess what needed to be done with a few buddies. It turned into, "oh, lets do this and hope it works," and, "hey, this looks kinda cool."
+ Harmon and Kardon Drive & Play (from my old truck)
+ Scosche speakers all around
+ Blacked out wheels
+ Resonator Delete Mod
+ Interior LEDs
+ Oil...
IMG_5555.jpg

IMG_1089.jpg

IMG_3446.jpg

287364_10150257664502911_605382910_7606299_5035868_o.jpg

IMG_5314.jpg

First trip under new management. 8/13/2011
So we made the hour-ish trip to Cross-Plains, TN, initially to go camping. Turns out, our campsite on the 1000+ acre area was overgrown and riddled with... um... dooky. Instead of clearing the area or finding a new spot, we decided an expedition was in order. Come on 2WD, DON'T FAIL ME NOW! Eventually, it did. I got suck in some kneel level mud that I don't think 4WD would have gotten me out of. I mean, it wasn't mud, but rather quicksand/mud. It was hard to explain. Go ahead and hate.
IMG_4348.jpg

IMG_8855.jpg

Stuff when you're bored on campus: Part 1. 10/22/2011
Despite crashing my bike and screwing up my shoulder this week, I went ahead and ripped off my rear sway bar and ordered my seXterra sticker.
3A7D86C4.jpg

Stuff when you're bored on campus: Part 2. 12/3/2011
I got my shackles not a week later for my PML. Took about 4 hours to get everything set and right +/- breaks and harassment.
+Shackles
0B90B63F.jpg

9AC1179F.jpg

Done
AFB16DD7.jpg

Christmas! 12/27/2011 & 1/2/2012
Got lights and a Pioneer DEH-6300UB radio. Decided that I wanted to get the wiring done before I went back on campus, so I gave B&M a call. Took about 8 hours to get it all right in the bitter cold, with snow lightly falling as we worked.
+B&M Lightbar
+Eagle Eye Series 6 [4x]
+Pioneer DEH-6300UB
EF980EE9.jpg

E96A0080.jpg

2B9BD621.jpg

9EA1181A.jpg

7CC25352.jpg

How it sits today:
D251887E.jpg

Here's the Breakdown:
Interior:
-Neoprene Seat Covers
-LED Dome Lights

Exterior:
-Blacked Out Rims
-31'' Yokohama Geolander A/Ts
-Tinted Windows
-Rear Sway Bar Removed
-B&M Lightbar
-Eagle Eye Series 6 [4x]

Under the Hood:
-K&N Air Filter
-Resonator Delete Mod

Entertainment:
-Scosche Speakers
-Harmon and Kardon Drive & Play
-Pioneer DEH-6300UB

In the Works (In no particular order):
-Armor
-Hand Tied Cargo Net/Rack (In Progress...)
-CB Radio/Accessories
-More Paint
-More Steekers
-An empty(er) wallet
-Secret Project #1
-Secret Project #2

To Be Continued...

Last edited:

NismoFire

Titan Swapped / SAS'd
Founding Member
Let me tell you, now that I've seen your truck in person, it looks WAY taller than in the pics. Standing between yours and mine is like standing between day and night.

Good call on the B&M...I've got one waiting on me, just gotta pick out the lights I want.

Oh, nice background in the 2nd pic...looks vaguely familiar!

TheFauxFox

Titan Swapped / SAS'd
Founding Member
Thanks, I actually-haven't-really screwed them into place there. They just sit near the top ATM. I don't go in there enough for it to currently matter.

Last edited:

TheFauxFox

Titan Swapped / SAS'd
Founding Member
No, just:
67112547_zpsaca054ce.jpg

I have both and drove that Jeep around up until March. Back in the X now. The plan is to sell both and get a 2nd gen.

I had a 4wd SAS conversion going and I had 95% of the parts up until last summer. I quickly ran out of time, because of college, and started the parting-out process. At least one of the axles is with someone who I bet'll use it.

TheFauxFox

Titan Swapped / SAS'd
Founding Member
Any movement on a Gen 2?

I've been checking out a few; test drove a OR last week. I'm just waiting for the sufficient funds and the subtraction of a vehicle that isn't the one described in this thread. Its hard to sell a vehicle 220 miles away.