Simple How to Door panel removal

Hey Guys,
Since i had to remove the Tint from my front Windows I figured I would snap a few photos and Give a quick how to on removing the Door panels.
Cost. 0$
Difficulty...can you operate a screwdriver and small ratchet...yes..your good!
Tools needed.
small flathead screwdriver
phillips screwdriver or plastic pry tool (either not absolutly nessessary but help)
10mm socket and 1/4in wratchet

Here you go...Step one... Open Door....Still with me. Good.

Step 2
Remove small rubber/plastic cover on arm wrest by gently prying up at gaps around cover.
Mid pull
ugDOjAa.jpg

Fully pulled. There are 5 small plastic tabs on the cover..just take your time and pry slowly...
After removing the cover unscrew 10mm bolt from behind cover. (you can use a phillips on these usually they are not that tight)
NWYCFi2.jpg

(only the 1 black bolt in this pic needs to come out)

Pry up front switch cover just like you did the rear armrest cover. After switch panel is removed unscrew Black 10mm/phillips crew from door.

WepiWcP.jpg

Remove switches from panel trim by removing screws holding it to cover..(you will feed the switches through when you pull door panel.)

Remove trim under door latch by prying at seam. There is a front and back piece under the latch.
After removing the covers unscrew the 10mm golden screws.

CZSJuZb.jpg

From here all you need to do is pry off the door panel from the door. The panel is help by plastic clips all around the door spaces roughly 9" around. start at the bottom and work your way around and up. The top portion of the door panel will need to be slightly lifted up while pulling out...remember pulling out is the Key.........uhhhhh

CZSJuZb.jpg

also..When in doubt..and you start pulling and you think you may have missed something double check and make sure you have all the bolts/screws out..I think i covered them all here...but it was a few days ago and my memory is about as long as my Grooterwurst....

to install just perform in reverse.
Thanks and enjoy. Hope it helps

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep mac. One of many things you may need to do when things break . or upgrade . . Window regulators.. Door latches.. Though.. From what I can tell those don't really go out..

Prime

Shut up Baby, I know it!
Admin
How very interesting. That process is identical to the Gen 1 trucks. Plastic just looks a little different is all.

I wish the previous owner of mine had that information. Instead I have two sheetrock screws holding down my rubber elbow pad on the drivers door.