How To Change Parking Lights, The easy way (with Pics)

idratherbe

Skid Plates
After some searching, I couldn't find much info on changing the parking light bulbs so here we go.

First, You'll need a Type 168 Bulb

IMG_20121110_123114.jpg

Next, In the front of the wheel well, undo this fastener

IMG_20121110_123135.jpg

Last, peel the wheel well liner back and you'll see this. A quick quarter turn and you'll have the light out. Replace with a working bulb and you're done.

IMG_20121110_123149.jpg

Not much of a DIY but it should help.

Silver dude

Sliders
Founding Member
Guessing a 02 and up the badger eyes can be troublesome to service. The 00-01's are more simple.

Made a how to on 00-01 a few years back. Figured I'd post it here to have it all in place if that's ok with the OP.

Open your hood. Locate the phillips screw shown here in the picture and remove with a phillips screw driver.
DSC09748.jpg

Stand in front of the headlight, wrap your fingers around the side and tug directly forward. You should hear a pop as the light frees itself from the friction fit peg.
DSC09747.jpg

Friction peg, works like Lego's nice and simple.
DSC09767.jpg

Replace bulbs or housings as needed.
DSC09753.jpg

The bulbs are accessed by simply turning the bulb access ports out.
DSC09758.jpg

I removed my corners for parking lamp bulb replacement.

194's are what you need for the parking lamps. I went the extra mile and went with white LED's. LED's last 10 times longer, and use far less power.

Picked these up via ebay.
DSC09760.jpg

DSC09764.jpg

Looks whiter in person.
DSC09782.jpg

Ben

Silver dude

Sliders
Founding Member
Ah been there before the photobucket editing feature is always wacky. Nice write up yourself always been curious of how to access the bulbs and how much they differed.

Ben