Bought it back in February of 2008

Engine Mods - (as of 4/6/14)

• Deleted Resonators
  • Volant CAI
  • Doug Thorley headers
  • Custom exhaust: hi-flow cats, flowmaster 40
  • S/C Xterra Radiator
  • NGK Double Platinum Plugs, NGK Wires
Steering & Suspension Mods - (as of 11/8/13)
  • AC UCA's, Shackles
  • 2" Body Lift
  • Bilstein Shocks
  • SLR Idler Arm Brace
  • Bandit 4x4 IA Bushings
  • Custom tie rod adjusters - 1 ton tie rod ends - reamed centerlink & spindles
  • Removed swaybars front and rear
Exterior Mods - (as of 11/1/15)
  • Full set of Skid Row Offroad skids
  • Custom Winch Mount w/ a Superwinch Tigershark 9500 lb winch
  • White Knuckle Offroad sliders
  • Tube Doors
  • 34/10.5/15 Swamper LTB's on Cragar Soft 8's
  • 4' Tram stainless whip antenna
  • Herculined rocker panels/doors/fenders
  • Painted plastics
  • AVS In-channel visors
  • 4 & 7 pin trailer plug
  • Insain Fabrication rear tire carrier
  • ARB CKMA12 Compressor w/ Air-up kit
Interior Mods - (as of 11/1/15)
  • UltraGage
  • Kenwood KMM-BT312U
  • Pioneer speakers
  • Cobra 25 LX
  • Mounted d-cell maglite
  • 2-drawer storage box/platform
  • Garmin Nuvi 1450 mounted to center console
  • Gauge Pod: Oil Pressure and Voltage
  • Aftermarket Nissan rear-view mirror with temp/compass display

Current Pic - (11/1/15)

1016151800_zpsqllxqm2l.jpg

3/19/15: The SAS build is now in progress!! I'll update this list as I gather parts and find more things to buy

Description
Status
SAS parts
Calmini SAS kit​
Ordered 9/18
--​
Calmini sway bar kit​
Ordered 9/18
--​
Adjustable coilovers​
Ordered 9/18
--​
Front driveshaft​
Needs fabrication​
Front Axle
Nitro Gear 5.13 R&P​
Arrived 3/26​
Wagoneer D44
Master Install Kit​
Arrived 3/26​
--​
ARB RD116: Locker​
Arrived 3/26​
--​
ARB CKMA12: Compressor​
Arrived 3/26​
--​
ARB ARB750003B: Dif. cover​
Arrived 3/26​
--​
Warn Locking Hubs​
Arrived 3/21​
--​
GM 1-Ton steering kit​
Arrived 8/16​
--​
Brake pads and rotors​
Not Ordered​
Rear Axle
Nitro Gear 5.13 R&P​
Arrived 4/1​
Nissan H233B
Master Install kit​
Arrived 4/2​
--​
ARB RD135: Locker​
Arrived 3/26​
--​
Weld-on axle perch​
Arrived 8/16​
--​
U-Bolts/plate​
Arrived 8/16​
--​
Leaf Springs​
Not Ordered​
--​
Extended brake line​
Not Ordered​
MISC. parts
'88-'95 Pathfinder T-Case​
Not Ordered​
--​
T-case gears​
Not Ordered
--​
R.R. HD Motor Mounts​
Arrived 4/2​

Last edited:

02Xterra

Wheeling
What it looked like when I first bought it in February of '08

DSC06151.jpg

Various pics of transformation throughout the years

DSC06714.jpg

PICT0980.jpg

IMAG0147.jpg

IMAG0279.jpg

429850_10100332638911308_55703540_45011640_1592923787_n.jpg

Update - 6/27/12

New tires are on! And I painted the front plastic pieces last weekend

540872_10150904895257549_566501355_n.jpg

And a pic with the tube doors

528767_10150906252812549_778073322_n.jpg

Update - 9/2/12

I had been wanting to redo the herculiner i had applied around 3 years ago since I didn't take as much time as I should have.. so last weekend (8/24 - 8/25) I taped the X off, scotch-brighted her down, and started rolling on the herc saturday morning! I put on 2 good coats and it came out a ton better than my original attempt.

575013_10151027315262549_1219282662_n.jpg

IMAG0981.jpg

Installed the Centerforce Stage II clutch friday night/saturday evening.. started at about 6pm at my buddies shop and worked till 10 or so. By then we had the trans/transfer case out, new throwout bearing installed, new pilot bushing installed and had the rear main, oil pan, and rear retainer gaskets in before calling it a night. Came back Saturday about midday and put everything back in and bolted it up. Adjusted the torsion bars a bit and put it on the alignment rack to make sure it was all straight. Had the X on the road trying out the new clutch by 3:30!

My old cb was making some horrendous noise while transmitting so friday afternoon I picked up a new Cobra 25LX from a local electronics place here in town. Also left with a Tram 4' whip and a fender mount for it that can be seen in the above pic.

IMAG0974.jpg

Update - 10/1/12

Installed a 4 & 7 pin trailer plug connector in the bumper.. I popped out the left license plate light and enlarged the hole to fit the adapter

IMAG1021.jpg

Also mounted my GPS to the center console.. there's a write-up in the how-to section!

IMAG1051.jpg

Update 12/6/12

Finally finished up my second storage box after many months of working on it on the weekends!

The beginning!

IMAG1070.jpg

IMAG1072.jpg

IMAG1084.jpg

IMAG1085.jpg

IMAG1087.jpg

Finished up!

IMAG1121.jpg

^The trays come out with more storage beneath and there's a deep drawer behind it

I've also added 4 of these in each corner

88525t31p1l.png

IMAG0137_zpsd961a977.jpg

Update 4/21/13

Mounted my Hi-Lift to the roofrack with some chauvet clamps from Amazon a few months back..

IMAG0138_zpsecea0e15.jpg

IMAG0139_zps30a7c309.jpg

Around the same time I purchased a gauge pod and 2 Sunpro Gauges: Oil Pressure and Voltage

IMAG0200_zps5be7a99e.jpg

^Best pic I have at the moment.. I need to take some in the daytime

**Note, my oil pressure is reading high because the engine wasn't up to normal operating temp yet

Update 8/18/13

Installed my welded front diff before heading to Uwharrie near the end of June

2013-04-17_17-57-50_1_zpsde7369eb.jpg

Threw some more herculiner on in July

IMAG0610_zps4583da37.jpg

Painted my roof rack a few weeks later

IMG_20130715_182927_zpsf6c0c37e.jpg

and ditched the Chauvet clamps for some Yakima Mighty Mounts (28H) to mount my hi-lift to the roof

Around that time i replaced the E3 spark plugs with NGK double platinum plugs and NGK wires.. it definitely seems to run a lot smoother. I've been getting a solid 17.5-18 mpg with mixed highway/town driving.. I'm pretty happy with that!

IMAG0510_zps4f4df47a.jpg

Update 11/10/13

Scored a set of desert runner wheels at the junkyard! gonna mount some 34x10.5 ltb's on em eventually.. :D

IMAG0772_zpsc70aca54.jpg

Painted my wheels black a few months back too

IMAG0829_zps0417406a.jpg

Last edited:

02Xterra

Wheeling
Update: 2/25/14

On Feb. 22nd, 2 buddies and I drove up to Carlisle, PA to pick up a full set of Skid Row skid plates and then to York, PA to pick up a set of 34/10.5/15 Super Swamper LTBs

IMAG1101_zpsk1mvb8kj.jpg

IMAG1099_zpsmws5vpjx.jpg

Got 'em mounted on the 24th!

IMAG0253_zpsd6f785c8.jpg

Last edited:

TN4x4Xterra

Suspension Lift
HEY! I don't need no lip from you jerk! :p

Haha I've had one for quite a while.. but it wasn't structured well. So I had Dave delete the old and I created the new!

HAHA! I'll always give you crap no matter what! Even redoing your build thread to outdo mine! I just may delete mine and redo mine! It's on! ;) lol

Last edited by a moderator:

jmnielsen

Need Bigger Tires
those tube doors are badd ass man. I would love to try making some for my 2nd gen. I think i'll probably get junk yard doors and chop them up though so i can keep my speakers.

02Xterra

Wheeling
Initial post updated with pics of the new tires!!

Glad you finally got a build up here now, I remembered yours from another place and time, the first tube door X I had ever seen.

Yea man! There's only a few people I know of that have these doors

those tube doors are badd ass man. I would love to try making some for my 2nd gen. I think i'll probably get junk yard doors and chop them up though so i can keep my speakers.

Hell yea go for it!! If you've got power windows, mirrors, etc. good luck with that! It'll be a ton of wires. The only electrical thing in my doors is the speakers, so I just had 2 wires to put a quick disconnect on

Last edited by a moderator:

Xado89

Skid Plates
Love the tube doors man, looks badass. Proves the Jeepers they aren't the only ones who can take their doors off! Rig has a sweet stance and the white-out rims look good with it too. Kudos sir.
I'd like to learn how to make the doors as well, does your dash turn on any lights or did you wire it all up nice like?

TKDx00

Lockers Installed
Founding Member
This might be an odd question but I'm curious. When it comes to the tube doors, are they street legal (depending on state) or just for the trails? I could see myself with them but in Chicago, I might not have the things inside too long.

02Xterra

Wheeling
Nice build sir... Now if we could just get you to nXm
Smile(1).gif

Yea i need to make it out there sometime

This might be an odd question but I'm curious. When it comes to the tube doors, are they street legal (depending on state) or just for the trails? I could see myself with them but in Chicago, I might not have the things inside too long.

I think as long as you have mirrors(which I do) you're legal.. at least in VA. I actually got pulled over the first night I had these on.. i had pulled out of the Mcdonalds drive-thru at night and didn't have my lights on.. long story short, the cops said they were pretty sweet and asked what I did when it rained lol. And I actually didn't have the mirrors on yet either. I can't imagine that they're illegal.. every jeep bro around here rides around with no doors at all and most without mirrors.. so tube doors are a lot safer in my opinion.

02Xterra

Wheeling
Thats a killer CB man...

Thank ya sir

Looks good, I have been forever jealous of the tube doors. I have to ask though.. How do you keep the white roof rails so clean?

Well honestly the sunlight makes them look a lot brighter than they really are lol. I just wash them the same as when I wash the rest of the truck.. they're scratched in quite a few places. I really need to redo them honestly. Thanks tho!

Yup, nice cb so he can finally call for jeeps to pull him out! :D

Hey at least I get in situations where I'd need to be pulled out! Hahaha ;)

02Xterra

Wheeling
It's been completely replaced and looks like this:

NewPicture4-2.jpg

The OEM sizes are approximate.. but its something like that. The driver's side exhaust is bigger than the passenger side, which comes in at a 90 degree angle.. its a pretty stupid design IMO

Last edited:

Timrich

Super Duper Moderator
Founding Member
Damnit Tim! It's SHAUN hahaha.

And I love em man! They're wearing great. I'm sure I'll get a lot of miles out of them. I've only gone wheeling with them once though.. definitely need to change that soon!

My bad...lol I've had mine over a year now and they are holding up great! Make sure you keep them rotated. I was slacking on that with mine and I was getting some uneven wear in the front. I rotated them then drove to NXM and that evened them back out. They did really well on the trails aired down to 20 psi.

Sent from my Galaxy S III

02Xterra

Wheeling
Well thought out mods sir...

Thanks!

My bad...lol I've had mine over a year now and they are holding up great! Make sure you keep them rotated. I was slacking on that with mine and I was getting some uneven wear in the front. I rotated them then drove to NXM and that evened them back out. They did really well on the trails aired down to 20 psi.

Sent from my Galaxy S III

It's all good man! haha yea I'll need to rotate mine next month or so.. I've been running mine at 20 f/r because my wheels are only 7" wide.. if I run at higher psi's they ride in the middle a lot more

Last edited: