XterraGT's 2001 Build/Log (Pictures Ahead) This will be my build thread, but until I get everything associated with buying an aged vehicle taken care of don't expect too much in the way of mods. But I will try and document all work done to my new (to me) toy. My Xterra: 2001 XE all power options as far as I can tell, no sunroof. I have the window sticker and the dealer added options list too Consist of Teflon Paint Sealant, Undercoating, the striping package, and wheel locks for a total price of $25.444.90 out the door in October 2000 in Lancaster, PA. She's a V6, 5 speed, silver. 109,968 when I bought her, a little over 110,000 today. The dealer I bought it from did a full reconditioning at a seperate dealer, exterior, interior, and underhood. Today the X is going to sears for an alignment and tire balancing. I'm chasing a nasty vibration/shake in the wheel anywhere from 30 mph up most noticeable around 40. It's not always present but rears its head when the road is very bumpy. I have noticed she bounces a lot and Ive been driving 1/2 ton pickups for 7 years. There's also a vibration through the shifter in 3rd more noticeable the lower the RPM but a post in repair yielded no advice so I will keep everyone posted. I am making the dedication to try and perform all service I can myself including the timing belt/water job I've been reading and rereading. My current plan of attack is: -Timing Belt/Water Pump -Seafoam through intake -MT Oil (checking for metal from 3rd) -Engine Oil as needed with ZMaxx (I'll be running MaxLife) -Rear/Front/XCase Oil's -Plugs/Wires/Cap -O2's -TB/MAF cleaning -Reset ECU That should be a solid base and those items will be completed as time and money allow. After all that is done then its time for the more fun stuff right. Pics And Post #2: So the guy said alignment and balances were way off, these have made the drive better but the underlying shake still remains. Charlie on the FB group has pointed me towards U-Joints so they will be inspected next. The alignment and balancing was important as they are things I can't do in the driveway. Sears did note a tiny tiny PS leak unknown source, and a small oil leak unknown source. PS they believe is a hose clamp but I'll check further eventually. Oil I know is visible from the drivers underside appears to come from above bellhousing and runs back the middle of the trans before it drips, I'll trace that sometime. Their main recommendation was to do the PS belt but it was behind stuff so I let them know I'm doing the timing belt dont bother. Other than that I put a Reese tow ring on the back for quick hookup, assembled a box with ratchet straps, bungees, my tow strap, jumper cables, and a quart of oil in the back. Also put some cheap shift knob on and put the stock in the glove box incase I don't like it. That about covers today. Oh yeah also made sure my fuel light works and gave it a full load of 89 to run down and then do a filter.