It's that time again boys and girls. More HID madness! Most of the setup I repeated from This thread about my 1.5 headlight build. But some things are different. Mainly some upgraded equipment, since things have changed in 4 years, simpler paint scheme, and some design differences with the 2nd gen headlights. Also, these aren't for me. I'm building them for JeffPro4x. I'll make changes when I build mine later this year. And I'll post those here. A few notes on disassembly. There are 4 torx screws, one in each corner, that have to be removed from the back of the headlight before baking. Just as before, make sure to remove all bulbs, rubber grommets, sockets, etc from the lights before baking. Remove top rack in oven, heat to 215 degrees F, foil on the bottom rack. While thats going, get yourself a clean work area and some tools. You'll want gloves, since the headlight will be hot when it comes out. A junky flat head for starting the opening process and a razor knife for cutting the glue as it stretches out of the gap. The glue on the 2nd gens is no joke. I had to let this headlight sit in the over for almost 30 minutes before I could even begin to pull it apart. Start on the edge that has no clips, use that flathead screwdriver to start a prying spot, then pull. I used the razor knife to cut the glue that was stretching as it came apart. One lens removed. Repeat for other side. Now to remove the reflector there are two ball clips at the top of the light. Simply pull and it will pop loose. Then take a 1/4" socket and run the adjustment screw all the way out. You'll see on the back of the reflector that we have some clips that hold the bulb bowl in place. Bend those out, pull it from the front and toss it. Enter the DREMEL! I was in an hurry, so I didn't take a lot of pictures here. But I will when I build my own lights. I had to open up the hole by almost a half an inch and cut the back part of old bulb holder to get enough threads to mount the projector. There is NOT a lot of material left to hold this thing in place. So it'll be crucial to reinforce with epoxy/JB weld to ensure that they don't go anywhere. This is the initial test fit. The shroud needs to be trimmed a tiny bit at the top so it can sit flat. but that aside, these are going to be badass. It's time to prep everything for paint. So that's coming up next. ______________________________ This is the longest part of the process. Paint. Sanding, painting, waiting, painting, waiting, touching up, waiting. But, we're making progress. Since it's been cold and shiatty here, I've been painting in the garage. With the parts in boxes. It's especially frustrating because I can't hit all the different angles I need to for good coverage, but I'm making it work. I mentioned that the shrouds had to be clearenced a bit for the reflector. And I wasn't kidding. A bit. That's it. There's no other points of contact for the shrouds. So I started prep for one of the trim pieces. I'm trying this two ways. This one I masked off the turn signal so that it stayed chrome. On the other I am shooting the entire thing black, and then the cone for the turn signal will get a reflective coating inside it. Shot the first one with primer and flat black. The primer on the other one is drying as I type this. In the mean time, this is finished. And I did a final fit assembly to check my clearances. Then disassembled one last time for some touch up on the black. Which is drying now. As soon as that's done, I'll be ready for final mounting and securing of the projector in the reflector and after that It's time to finish and painting the shrouds and get them epoxied into place.