So major set back. Got the X to the shop barely. I have a bad steering issue. It pulled right then I turned right then it over corrected it self. So I had a buddy who builds off trucks look at it. And he said that he could tell the angle of the caster was off. I told him I had it set at 7Â° and the inner c needed to 7Â° the other way. So that's next to fix
So I got the toe problem fixed to drive it home just to take it apart again. But at least I'll have a measurement that's good to go back too. Steering still a mess but that's cause the caster angle I'm guessing. But I think I'm gonna have to put in a sway bar on front with disconnects links. I just have way too much body roll for the street.
So there other day I went to move my X and I can't get the shifter to move into gear unless I use that shift lock tab thing. Doesn't unlock with the brakes pressed like it should. Also now my horn doesn't work when I hit it but it goes off when I locked the X. I have no idea what is going on now.
OK so after a little break from the project to do some other things. I have figured out some solutions to the problems I'm having with my X. So after this storm system moves out I will bring the welder back out on and add a few supports on some weak spots and level the steering bar to get rid of the bump steer and then take her for another test drive.
So quick update since it's been awhile. I have figured out why a bad wondering in the front. My panhard bar and steering link were parallel to each other which was correct. But the issue I forgot about was they should have close as possible to parallel to axle/ground. So that will get fixed next week once I get the steel in the make the fixes.
Then my drive train vibration was caused by the trans bolts being stripped out. I guess the factory bolt holes in trans don't like the added weight of the divorce transfer case. Yes that is on its own mount but it all kinda flows together with the weight.
So maybe next week she'll be driving down the road again.
So been working on the front the last few days. And I was able to get panhard bar semi parallel to axle and the steering link parallel to panhard bar. So everything should be good with the bump steer issue and the axle wondering issue. Tomorrow is trans mount modification.
Pics from lunch stopping. I'll post better ones up tomorrow.