The Obligatory: "What are you drinking?" Thread

Peck

Bought an X
Just finished up a Dead Guy Ale, my favorite beer right now.

Thinking about cracking into the Macallan 12.

I usually don't drink at alone at home, but I hear the rain starting outside my window and I don't have to be at work until 2pm tomorrow.

dhyde79

Titan Swapped / SAS'd
Founding Member
right now? Ginger Ale.....no caffine allowed....27 days clean, and every day gets harder but easier to stay without.

that reminds me, since Canada Dry is made with real ginger, is it cannibalism when a redhead drinks canada dry? ;)

civicjoe

lone wolf mod
Founding Member
Currently water! Day 24 no alcohol, almost no caffeine, except maybe a sip of my wife's soda here and there. Mainly due to my diet, not cause I have a problem or anything like that.

Sent from the Nighthog mobile command unit.

Last edited:

dhyde79

Titan Swapped / SAS'd
Founding Member
congrats man, I had a major problem with caffine, I was drinking WAY too much, through november and december I was drinking 3-5 energy drinks per day....stopped cold turkey and have been doing all I can to resist the temptation, so far so good though. once I get done breaking the caffine I'm gonna try to cut soft drinks out as well.

civicjoe

lone wolf mod
Founding Member
thanks i was a 2 monster a day during the week, i cut soda completely unless im eating out (subway) with my wife on the weekend, cause she refuses to quite the diet coke. I was drinking about 6 beers a week on average, so yeah. My friend a brewer is mad cause im not helping him get thru his latest batch.
Getting really tired of this diet and workout plan, im down 9-10lbs in the 24 days which is why im frustated my first week i dropped 5 lbs easy, since then its been sluggish. Idealy id like to be down 30 is more and have 8 weeks left before hawaii and 5 months until my buddies wedding and another 2 and ive got my 10 year reunion so yeah not a lot of drinking for me.

Peck

Bought an X
That's a lot of caffeine! Then again, I'm the guy who downs two double Undertows from Starbucks in about a minute. :) I just can't handle energy drinks....unless mixed with booze as a shot. I rarely ever drink soda -- if I do it's because I'm drinking cheap whiskey.

I'm sippin' on some Single Barrel Jack Daniel's right now.

dhyde79

Titan Swapped / SAS'd
Founding Member
when I went to starschmucks I'd get a large whatever tasted good with 6 extra shots....me and caffine had a thing....29 days clean though....I'm happy.

dhyde79

Titan Swapped / SAS'd
Founding Member
I think I'm gonna do some beer with my pizza....maybe.

I've got some Maui Brewing Company "CoCoNut Porter" that I theorize will go nicely with the pizza.

Peck

Bought an X
I think I'm gonna do some beer with my pizza....maybe.

I've got some Maui Brewing Company "CoCoNut Porter" that I theorize will go nicely with the pizza.

Well if it makes you feel better, I run a pizza sports restaurant/bar and I stock the Coconut Porter. It does, indeed, go well with pizza. Either a lot of meat or a really flavorful pizza.

I'm drinking a Sierra Nevada Torpedo Extra IPA right now. At work. YUM!

Edit: Proof.
img06041z.jpg

:D

Last edited:

Peck

Bought an X
Pearland, a bit far from Amarillo though. But if you're ever in this side of the country, let me know! Dave, XterraVT, has been by already.

Johann isn't too far north of here.

And as for what I'm drinking...
testbeer.jpg

corkysm83.gif

RATTFINK

XN OG Admin.
Founding Member
Pearland, a bit far from Amarillo though. But if you're ever in this side of the country, let me know! Dave, XterraVT, has been by already.

Johann isn't too far north of here.

And as for what I'm drinking...
testbeer.jpg

corkysm83.gif

And I still need to get my arse down there haha Damn this bigass state!

What are those mystery beers?

dhyde79

Titan Swapped / SAS'd
Founding Member
I was in Alvin in september ;) and can't imagine I won't be down there again....the father in law's got an offshore boat down there in a barn on a house he's renting out ;) I got hooked offshore fishing and now I wanna go back! (and I'm not really even that fond of fishing lol)

Peck

Bought an X
Well Hell! Next time you make it down to this part of Texas let us know an ill host a XN get together.

I'm sippin' on some Jameson on the rocks right now. Four deep and I'm still tired from work.

Cyclemut

Wheeling
Founding Member
I'm just getting over that ish Mac. Finally in the 'coughing up green stuff' phase. Get better, and plenty of OJ (with the obligatory additive) for health!

Oz_X

First Fill-Up (of many)
Founding Member
I usually don't drink, and most of the time that is the case. But I do like beer and when I'm not drinking (alcohol), I will have a NA beer. Ok get your laughs outta the way. Done? Ok good. I know, whats the point? Well, if you're around friends who are drinking and you want to stay sober its a good alt. And there are some really good tasting NA beers. Odoul's is the worst; I can only drink it with a lemon or a lime. The best is St Pauli Girl NA, followed by Becks NA. Buckler is good and so is Clausthaler. There's even a version of Guinness called Kaliber, which my wife likes.

OK, now about the real stuff. We don't drink around our house. Lets just say whenever we have the police get called. Yeah its like that. And its not me, so there's that. Anyway when I do drink the real stuff - my first beer choice is Sapporo. Especially in the summer I can really suck them things down. Bass is my second choice. And lately I really enjoy a Stella or a Peroni.

gorillamel

Lockers Installed
Founding Member
Pitcher of Blue Moon at a local (hick) bar. My friend bought it to pay me back for pulling him out of a sand trap tonight.

As a side note, the X was parked on street out front and solidly covered in mud (result of helping friend). Local cops kept stopping and running my plates and shining their lights inside it. This was after a pursuit, they thought my X was the guilty party hahaha!

Sent from my PantechP8000 using Tapatalk

J Everett

Suspension Lift
Founding Member
I'm a long time Newcastle fan; it was one of the first imports I tried that I really liked. So when I spotted this I had to try it. It's very hoppy like a regular pale ale, but with a sweetness instead of being dry and bitter. To make a long story short, this is all I'll be drinking this summer.
newcastle-founders-ale.jpg

Maxterra

Wheeling
Founding Member
Me & the wife are working on killing a 5th of jack & coke at the cinci de mayo neighborhood party. Haven't drank that in quite a while.
Damn good!!

Played volleyball until dark and had a great time!! Good times!

KChurch86

Banned
Founding Member
Currently I'm sitting on two new-to-me brews, I'll probably crack into one of them tonight. I've got a bottle of Blatant IPA, and a bottle of Goose Island Pere Jacques. The last beer I had was a bottle of Coney Island Albino Python, which was interesting and pretty tasty.

I'm gonna go ahead and throw a plug out there for my beer blog, it's a little sparse at the moment but I'll likely write about one of the three beers mentioned later tonight. The link is in my sig.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2