Overheating with AC on

Prime

Shut up Baby, I know it!
Admin
So, I noticed it yesterday. When I'm running the AC, the truck will overheat at stop lights. If I'm stopped for more than 2 minutes I'm awful close to the red.

I did have to change the upper rad hose for the body lift and I filled everything back up.

Does the 4.0 need to be burped like the 3.3? I couldn't find a plug to burp it.

obi_krash

Suspension Lift
Oh! I know this one! Finally!

Yeah man, burp her first. I have always found that helps.

But if it happens again like a bunch, do the fan clutch.

(went 2014 experience)

obi_krash

Suspension Lift
And by burp I mean - prop the front end up at an angle (I just put it up on stands up front), open the radiator, turn on the truck, and burp it.

I found a good trick - soda bottle mouth piece.
- Cut soda bottle in half
- mouth piece side place in where radiator cap was
- little tap around the outside by the radiator to seal, stop leaks.

That why when you are squeezing the radiator piping to force out air you wont get coolant everywhere.

Prime

Shut up Baby, I know it!
Admin
I did a radiator burp when I snapped the hose and all was well. I'll check it again. Otherwise, to the fan clutch I go!

ryandavenport

First Fill-Up (of many)
I did a radiator burp when I snapped the hose and all was well. I'll check it again. Otherwise, to the fan clutch I go!

It took me 10-15 times burping it the last time that I did it on an Xterra and a Pathfinder to get all of the air out, so willing to bet this is your problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DC xterra

Wheeling
last year at ECXC my friend had the over heat issue, he tried everything with no results. ended up getting a new fan clutch from a local dealer and fixed her right up.

Golf286

Wheeling
Hey Prime
I'll bet it's a fan clutch but you definitely need to Burb the system. I just went through this on the new build and it took an hour to Burb the damn thing..