Prime'z X²

Prime

Shut up Baby, I know it!
Admin
New seat foam was the right choice.

300429b74d1347847fea95bf1d89b746.jpg

mantree

Wheeling
Wow you just distorted the corner of that seat. That's what the pasanger seat in my 4runner looked like from my wife trying to get in

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Prime

Shut up Baby, I know it!
Admin
Wow you just distorted the corner of that seat. That's what the pasanger seat in my 4runner looked like from my wife trying to get in

Lol. I actually cut that whole bolster off so I could access the clips that hold the side knobs in place.

ryandavenport

First Fill-Up (of many)
Doesn't look like it's been mentioned yet, but I don't think the passenger side is broken into as many serviceable parts because of the occupant detection sensor. I know many Nissans are like this. Not 100% positive on the Xterra.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Prime

Shut up Baby, I know it!
Admin
Doesn't look like it's been mentioned yet, but I don't think the passenger side is broken into as many serviceable parts because of the occupant detection sensor. I know many Nissans are like this. Not 100% positive on the Xterra.

Which was a weird fluid pad under the seat pad. I'd never seen anything like it.

mantree

Wheeling
Which was a weird fluid pad under the seat pad. I'd never seen anything like it.
That like bed alarms in a nursing home they are a fluid membrane with a presure switch so when someone gets up the switch closes seting off a alarm... I hear them in my nightmares. We use to unplug the ocupancy sensors in our trucks in our trucks so that gear in the seats wouldn't set them off

Prime

Shut up Baby, I know it!
Admin
Those look really nice. Where did/are you putting the switches for the heated seats?
I haven't decided yet. The kit came with little round switches that are ugly. I'm going to get some Carling switches that match everything else in the truck. But my switch locations are all full. So it might be a challenge.

thecoalition

Call me Daddy
I haven't decided yet. The kit came with little round switches that are ugly. I'm going to get some Carling switches that match everything else in the truck. But my switch locations are all full. So it might be a challenge.

Down on the vertical sides of the center console area? To the sides of the shifter (where legs would be, but should be out of the way still) Could get OTRATTW to do horizontal switches for it.

Prime

Shut up Baby, I know it!
Admin
Down on the vertical sides of the center console area? To the sides of the shifter (where legs would be, but should be out of the way still) Could get OTRATTW to do horizontal switches for it.
I was thinking under the vents on each side. But that's kind of in your face.

Prime

Shut up Baby, I know it!
Admin
Speaking of switches. I did a thing.

460fa10919279f06a844be4a31b32179.jpg

f3d8f03494210507210c8082bb53207c.jpg

ff7ec82028186ed0704bdef736f2140b.jpg

It's getting two more switches obviously, and the rocker on the end that says "alley lights" is getting swapped for bumper lights. But I'm super happy with how that came out.

Once I get the other two switches in, I'll start wiring everything up.

Prime

Shut up Baby, I know it!
Admin
I'm also gonna take some 2-part epoxy and glue in the little tabs that hold that panel into the overhead. I'm afraid with the weight of the switches it'll just pop out.

Prime

Shut up Baby, I know it!
Admin
I determined I need three more switches. I need a place for the two heated seats and for the power inverter. I have a 3 switch cage like the 6 I just cut into the overhead. But I don't know where to put it.

GPD605X

Lockers Installed
Founding Member
I need seat goers covers badly. The drivers side by the knob is wearing out pretty good

JeffPro4x

Hot Pipe
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
I'm also gonna take some 2-part epoxy and glue in the little tabs that hold that panel into the overhead. I'm afraid with the weight of the switches it'll just pop out.
I have mine the same way and have never had it fall out.

sent from a crawlspace...

ryandavenport

First Fill-Up (of many)
I determined I need three more switches. I need a place for the two heated seats and for the power inverter. I have a 3 switch cage like the 6 I just cut into the overhead. But I don't know where to put it.

I had a switch panel next to the driver's seat on the center console. It was in the taller area just in front of the parking brake. Yours being a manual trans, I'm not sure if you have room behind there for a switch, but it was easy with an auto trans.

Prime

Shut up Baby, I know it!
Admin
I'm assuming that won't fit into mine?
It takes some doing. You have to buy the back bracket that bolts to the ceiling, modify the slots above the windshield because two of the clips on the new one are 90° out from what I had. Then you have to modify the headliner. Which will require pulling the whole thing out.