Prime'z X²

J Everett

Suspension Lift
Founding Member
I like how you mounted those. I really wanted to mount mine the same way so I could use the factory aiming, but with the light I used, it was a no-go. What lights are those?

Prime

Shut up Baby, I know it!
Admin
I like how you mounted those. I really wanted to mount mine the same way so I could use the factory aiming, but with the light I used, it was a no-go. What lights are those?
They're JW Speaker 8415s. Technically they are headlights and have both hi and low beam patterns. I'm very interested to see how they perform.

Prime

Shut up Baby, I know it!
Admin
Are you wiring seperate circuits for high and low? Is there a possibility of overheating with both circuits lit?
Yes, I'm wiring for both. There's 5 diodes in these. Two are lit for low and all 5 are lit for hi. So if you wanted to you could just wire the high beam circuit.

Prime

Shut up Baby, I know it!
Admin
And I can't use the factory aiming device. Instead, the stainless mounting hardware I used supplies a lot of tension. So I can push the lights up and down to aim them and they should stay in place.

Prime

Shut up Baby, I know it!
Admin
673d81b59e3ad59e0e630d1c42ea05a1.jpg

128b47192dba1aecc369ba795c2c481b.jpg

Prime

Shut up Baby, I know it!
Admin
It needs some horizontal stabilization. But otherwise, is pretty stout. Gave me a good place to bolt down my hilift. Pretty neat bit of kit. Just hope the cooler fits under it. I'll find out tomorrow.

J Everett

Suspension Lift
Founding Member
It needs some horizontal stabilization. But otherwise, is pretty stout. Gave me a good place to bolt down my hilift. Pretty neat bit of kit. Just hope the cooler fits under it. I'll find out tomorrow.
Two 1" ratchet straps from the corner to the opposite loop that the seat back latches to makes for some pretty solid stabilization. I had to do the same for my rack. Unfortunately, the straps get in the way when you have the seat down and want to slide something large all the way past the rack.

Last edited:

Prime

Shut up Baby, I know it!
Admin
Two 1" ratchet strap from the corner to the opposite loop that the seat back latches to makes for som pretty solid stabilization. I had to do the same for my rack. Unfortunately, the straps get in the way when you have the seat down and want to slide something large all the way pst the rack.
You're a genius.

d17f21948e220271050ec70c2085ca6a.jpg

Prime

Shut up Baby, I know it!
Admin
No. Not that bad. Just not good enough. 4.10s with 35s brings you back up to just better than stock. And it needs a bit more than that.

Prime

Shut up Baby, I know it!
Admin
ah, gotcha. I was wanting to bump up to 35's but now you got me rethinking it
It'd definitely be capable with stock gearing. And if I could get a 205 with 3.69s in it I don't know that I'd make the investment to regear. As I just don't do that much driving in the truck. But since I have to do it anyway, might as well do it once and be done.