Prime'z X²

ElPincheGuero4

Need Bigger Tires
It takes some doing. You have to buy the back bracket that bolts to the ceiling, modify the slots above the windshield because two of the clips on the new one are 90° out from what I had. Then you have to modify the headliner. Which will require pulling the whole thing out.
Yikes.

Prime

Shut up Baby, I know it!
Admin
Locker bypass and OTR switch install complete. Full write up and how-to, imminent.

aba7bc91be0753648af79c5a7cb9c2ac.jpg

mantree

Wheeling
Where did you get the clutch start cancel switch? I realy miss that on my 4runner. Is it just a switch or a sustained momentary?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Prime

Shut up Baby, I know it!
Admin
Where did you get the clutch start cancel switch? I realy miss that on my 4runner. Is it just a switch or a sustained momentary?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
The switch is a momentary SPST. My truck came with that option from the factory. I use it all the time. That switch in the center stack isn't hooked up yet. I'm still using the factory switch which is over on the other side of the steering wheel.

Prime

Shut up Baby, I know it!
Admin
The way the factory system works is that you press the switch and you get two minutes of non clutch use and then it turns itself off. Kind of like the reqr defrost

Prime

Shut up Baby, I know it!
Admin
Got the ball rolling on the flat black vinyl for the roof. So that'll be probably next week. Pull the rack, vinyl the roof, work on wiring, fresh paint the roof rack and reinstall.

Prime

Shut up Baby, I know it!
Admin
They're a pain for sure. But I'm going to pull the headliner so I can make sure they don't move. Plus if any do get ufcked, I've got the tool for them.

JeffPro4x

Hot Pipe
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
They're a pain for sure. But I'm going to pull the headliner so I can make sure they don't move. Plus if any do get ufcked, I've got the tool for them.
Just an FYI, a bunch of the rivnuts are behind roof supports. I had to cut squares out with my multitool to get vice grips on them

sent from a crawlspace...

JeffPro4x

Hot Pipe
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Explain yourself!
Huh? Rivnuts spin. Some are covered by roof support structure. You have to cut holes in said support to access them. Especially the 4 across the front for the air dam and at least 1 on each side of the front rack foot.

Prime

Shut up Baby, I know it!
Admin
Huh? Rivnuts spin. Some are covered by roof support structure. You have to cut holes in said support to access them. Especially the 4 across the front for the air dam and at least 1 on each side of the front rack foot.

Gotcha. That sucks.