My EVIL build - the STORM TROOPER

akuria

Wheeling
So I am finally putting my OFFICIAL build thread on here. Been a long time lurker and post jacker but never really had my own build thread on here so here we go.

So my goal for this Xterra is to have a capable off roader but not have it TOO extreme (extreme is a loose term). I want an expedition style ride with a touch of "evil". so I need it to be capable off road and on road and get good gas mileage.

here is my plan:

off road upgrades DONE:

Calmini SAS kit
85 Wagoneer Dana 44
Aussie Lokka for Dana 44
Ruff Stuff 1 ton TRE's
Brake master cylinder from a '99 Dodge 1500
305/70/16 Goodyear MTRs
Craggier Soft 8 wheels 4.5" Backspacing
Fox 2.0 10" coilovers for front
Bilstien in the back
AAL in the rear

MPG upgrades:

electric fan conversion - 2 14" fans 3300CFM
throttle body spacer - No real improvement but like swirling noise it makes. LOL
Resonator delete mod

Still wants and needs:

315/75/16 Duratracs
Sliders - Probably from P&P
Skids - IN PLANNING STAGES - using HDPE

I will add more as I think of it....

The Looks:

I am an artist so I have to have it look good too.

FUTURE PLANS:

Diesel swap - Nissan TD27ti motor.

Here she is the day I brought it home....

attachment.php

How she sits now....

6151EEBD-A1EE-4EAA-8F4F-23144BC835BB.jpg

3BF09534-0F28-47FF-B6DD-AAC6AFE573D1.jpg

akuria

Wheeling
here are some interior pics of how she is now.

IMG_3975.jpg

Painted it matte white. Also did the door arm rest parts. still need to paint more but thats for another day....

IMG_3976.jpg

akuria

Wheeling
Also here are some action shots the last 4wheel trip before she went under the knife and got SAS'd....

IMG_3712.jpg

IMG_3704.jpg

The maiden voyage of the SAS is in 2 weeks. Can't wait to test the new FLEX!

ThompsonXterra

First Fill-Up (of many)
Man you really do hang with all 2nd gens...I'll come down at some point this summer so you can wheel with an over-confident IFS 1st gen lol

Flex looks sweet with the SAS :sure:

akuria

Wheeling
Today I found a killer deal on a 2002 Xterra SC and I can't pass it up. I talked him down to $1,000.00. All it needs is the head gasket replaced. And it's a manual too. time for a parts swap. pics when I go pick it up....

akuria

Wheeling
Did a little toying around with color options on photoshop. What do you guys think? Looking to paint the X but just don't know to what.

62b2c716b3a273099038ed80abdc9c6b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Muadeeb

Nissan al Gaib
Admin
I'm not a fan of the colors, but I like that you want to do something different. It's only paint so it's "easily" changeable.

And you have something on your door...

akuria

Wheeling
Thanks. I made the hood decal myself. it helps that I have access to a full print shop that does vehicle wraps all the time. the hood decal is one full piece that covers the entire hood. i also added a matte lam finish to it. i will be adding more panels on the rest of it soon. this was just a test to see if i liked it.

as for the sliders they aren't shrock. they are a universal set from trail gear. i had to weld the legs and brackets on then weld them to the frame.