15741149586_81e2793cc7_c.jpg

15579632427_e467da2fd1_c.jpg

15145383143_30bf0f55b9_c.jpg

15766343432_5a1a59911b_c.jpg

15764861295_8e45055f75_c.jpg

Bass4runner

Test Drive
Founding Member
This is an Awesome event with great trails in the N.H. area.
come join other Xterra owners and wheeling enthusiasts having fun.

drbandkgb

Titan Swapped / SAS'd
Founding Member
Hey Brooklyn. I notice you said this date has always been late sept.. You guys had been doing it early sept.. That's why we put nXm/went later..
Only the past two years has it been during went if I remember right

Bklyn.X

Skid Plates
Supporting Member
Founding Member
Hey Brooklyn. I notice you said this date has always been late sept.. You guys had been doing it early sept.. That's why we put nXm/went later..
Only the past two years has it been during went if I remember right

Hi Dave,

Hope all is well.

Stephen Q had also thought this and pointed out to me that the B2SR was the same weekend as your fantastic WENT event.

The NEXterra B2SR has taken place on the third weekend in September for the past ten years. September 20th 2014, September 21st 2013, September 15th 2012, September 17th 2011, September 18th 2010, September 19th 2009, etc., blah blah…

I’m embarrassed to say that it has always meant to coincide with International Talk Like a Pirate Day.

Trust me when I say this was not my idea.

ECXC has been around longer however NEXterra only took that over a few years ago. The Back to School Run is the clubs longest running event starting in 2005 when The Upstate New York Xterra Club (UNYX) merged with The New England Xterra Club (NEXterra) to form The North East Xterra Club (NEXterra).

I had mentioned the conflict with NXM/WENT to the NEXterra leadership back when you first started it and there was a discussion about moving the B2SR in order to maximize attendance for both events. The view of the leadership then and now is that the traditions of a few of the clubs events, including its oldest, stand as they have in the past. This leadership includes me as an Events Committee Member.

I must admit I was surprised to read in your post that you took the B2SR into consideration when planning NXM and WENT.

Personally and on behalf of the Officers, Committee Members and Supporting Members of NEXterra I thank you.

I can speak for all of NEXterra when I tell you that the NEXterra is not in any type of competition with anyone, any group or any event. Our view is that anything to do with taking a Nissan off-road is good with us and for us.

NEXterra is not vying for attention or begging for participation. When I post an Event announcement I’m letting you know about a good time and that you and all the good folks on this board would be welcome to join in.

I think you know me well enough from our interaction on the boards to know it ain’t for me. Sheee-it bro; I’ve been on winter runs at Rausch where it was me with two other trucks and had a blast.

I know WENT is and will be a fantastic and well supported national event. I hope to attend one of these years soon. However after taking off from work to attend ECXC I can not take the time off to do so. A day and a half in NH is all I can swing.

I hope we are on the same page. I wish you and all of your Xterra and Nissan endeavors the best. I follow them and think they are great.

Tom (Bklyn.X)

Last edited:

Bklyn.X

Skid Plates
Supporting Member
Founding Member
…I given it a few days and no response so I’m going to assume we’re cool. If not please let me know and I’ll stop posting.

In the meantime, back to topic;

As of today there are 34 people in 20 trucks planning to attend this event in Troy, NH on the 19th of September.
The cutoff date to order shirts is Sept. 2. If you register and pay for the Back to School Run after Sept. 2, we unfortunately cannot guarantee an event t-shirt for you.

You can sign up HERE.

See who's signed up so far HERE.

Hope to see you there are on the trail anywhere soon!

drbandkgb

Titan Swapped / SAS'd
Founding Member
Yeah sorry I somehow thought this was a PM lol... I've been looking on all the forums trying to find it lol.

All good here amigo.. Xn will do what ever we can to help make your event awesome..

Ps I sent you a PM before reading this lol

Keep on keeping on

Bklyn.X

Skid Plates
Supporting Member
Founding Member
Cool, got your PM. Thanks for your response and your support here on XN.

Hope we see each other on the trail sometime soon.

B2SR15 now has 38 participants in 23 trucks!

Info HERE.

Bklyn.X

Skid Plates
Supporting Member
Founding Member
As of today there are 48 people in 30 trucks planning to attend this event...nice.

There is still time to sign up HERE and receive an event t-shirt!

See who's signed up so far HERE.

Hope to see you there!

Bklyn.X

Skid Plates
Supporting Member
Founding Member
1T3A8316.jpg

DirtySocks said:
The 11th annual Back2School Run 2015 (B2SR’15) proved once again that September isn’t just for new notebooks and sharpened pencils. B2SR kicked off the fall wheeling season with a bang!
Base camp this year was the Shir-Roy Campground where, like last year, we had a whole section of the campground booked exclusively for Nexterra. Wheeling was on the Little Monadnock Family Trails.
We had 36 registered drivers, plus their guests, who started arriving from early on Friday afternoon, then into the late night, with the final numbers arriving by early Saturday morning. The weather was much warmer this year, providing comfortable nights. The Saturday activities started with a drivers meeting led by Mike C. & Ernie. The drivers then split into three main groups – greens, blues & black trail groups, and headed out to LMFT for a full day of wheeling.
This year, some of the trails were impacted by recent logging activities, but that didn’t take away much from the wheeling experience. Over the course of the day, folks had a great time with all groups tackling some interesting challenges on the trails.
Later that night, back at camp, we were treated to a fantastic BBQ dinner – Ernie, Mike R. & Chris did a great job on the grills, filling our hungry bellies after a long day on the trails. MC’s Tiff and Mike C. provided after dinner entertainment by hosting an awesome raffle, with a multitude of prizes from our sponsors. We also had a special raffle for a Power Tank that went home with Michelle Landry!
The night wound down slowly around campfires. Our members shared their trail experiences and discussed trail damage and what we wanted to do to our rigs for next year. After a good night’s rest, we enjoyed the co-op breakfast that was coordinated by Michelle. The rest of the morning was spent cleaning up and breaking down camp.
We want to thank all those who attended, for being a fantastic crew to wheel/camp with, and most of all for being part of Nexterra! A big THANK YOU goes out to our event sponsors!! We truly appreciate all of your donations!
Until the next Nexterra event… tread lightly my friends!
-Suresh (DirtySocks)
Vice President of the North East Xterra Club
Picture thread HERE!