Wiring question for fog lights.

RioDeColumbia

Bought an X
So I am looking into installing the small led cubes in place of my current stock fog lights and I was wondering if it is possible to still have them wired to the stock fog light switch on the blinker thing? Or do you have to wire them to a new switch?

Or I am not sure if this exists or not, but is there like a connector that will plug straight into the stock wiring and then can be connected to the aftermarket lights, so them you don't have to splice into the stock wiring at all?

I looked at how my current fog lights are connected, and it looks like the current switch would work, but I am not 100% sure yet.

Prime

Shut up Baby, I know it!
Admin
If you plan on using the LED squares, the draw will be significantly less than the stock lights. You can wire them up to the factory wiring and they'll use the factory switch. That's how mine are set up and I've never had a problem.

NoahSki

Wheeling
If you plan on using the LED squares, the draw will be significantly less than the stock lights. You can wire them up to the factory wiring and they'll use the factory switch. That's how mine are set up and I've never had a problem.
Thats what I plan on doing when my bumper finally gets here

J Everett

Suspension Lift
Founding Member
If you look on Amazon, you can find extension harnesses in just about any bulb configuration you want. For instance, the 2nd gen fog lights use an H11 bulb, so I looked up H11 harness and found this. One end plugs into the factory harness and the other end would plug into the bulb. Cut off what you need from this extension and from the harness that comes with your LED lights and make your own jumper from the factory harness to the LED without having to cut the wires on either. I mean, yeah, you have to sacrifice the LED harness, but you're not going to need it anyway.