New Member From Iowa

Madzone26

Test Drive
Obviously I am a new member here, I have been on looking at tons of threads on this forum the last few days. I have a 2000 Xterra SE 158,000 miles that Ive been working on for awhile its silver don't have pictures up yet it is stock. I've been working on the engine getting rebuild it hydrolocked on my awhile ago finally fixed now I'm looking at getting in to the off-road/Trailing scene. I owned My X and a 93 Prelude for the longest time I had that thing complete done perfect on how I wanted it and then the engine blew decided to get out of street racing and play with the X due to I enjoy it more. the stuff I have done is
- interior lights replaced with white LEDS...made a huge Difference!!
- Removed intake resonators :)
- Remove step rails

Goals
2 or 3 inch BL I understand for 3 have relocation of some stuff etc..
33 or 35s
3 inch suspension
custom fron bumper
rear bumper with spare
skids
4 top lights
2 bumper lights
fog lights
CB ( need to know how to get it to mount on side of hatch like alot of you guys do)
High Lift
there is way more to but that is it off top of my head
Paint not sure on yet....thinking flat black with red bloody hand prints on it to turn it into like a zombie response team vehicle

I need your guys help to help me decide on where/what to do next. I have a perfect picture of my goal in my head but its hard to come together without, and in reality basically every month i can spend about a 1000 on the X give or take. I don't want to do SAS Maybe long time in future, And any other members from Iowa?????

drbandkgb

Titan Swapped / SAS'd
Founding Member
Welcome into the nation..

The cb mount is a firestik ss204 if I remember off the top of my head

Jack Stilts

Skid Plates
Welcome in! As far as what you "should" do first, there really is no set list of priorities or anything like that, since everyone's X is based on their own needs for it. If you need the ground clearance / articulation, start piecing together the lift kits and tires. If you're going rock crawling, start piecing together some armor. Just depends on what YOU plan to do with it :)

XterraNation is filled with great information and even better people. Start checking out some 1st Gen threads, use the search box, and ask questions!

Prime

Shut up Baby, I know it!
Admin
Welcome to XN! We know you have many choices for Xterra message boards. And we'd just like you to know..... You've made the correct choice.

xterror04

Site sponsor
Founding Member
Hey welcome in! I'm in Des Moines, whenever your ready to go wheeling let me know... There are really only a couple places to go in Iowa...

Madzone26

Test Drive
Thank you guys for the warm welcome's sorry for the late reply been in the middle of moving just bought my first place. And I drive to des Moines everyday with my X for work I drive about 350 miles a day with my X which is horrible I know

Madzone26

Test Drive
Alright guys so the New guy "me" made a mistake the other day. My fiancé wanted me to show her sister a really good place to go play around in mud and terrain anyways to get to the point went through a huge mud/standing water hole.....The X died in the water so we were just sitting there in the water. passengers doors if opened would have had water pouring in. the drivers side was fine it was a angle..... i made the mistake of starting it but to my surprise it started up and i was able to drive out...its driving fine and everything the filter was soaked though I dried out and cleaned intake box had my friend go get me a filter from autozone quick so i replaced it and drove home. I plan on changing oil today even though it doesn't look milky at all...but i did just change it like 500 miles ago any recommendations on what to do and check to ensure my xterra is safe. sorry If my grammar is off and stuff... I was never good at it.... I feel like I was extremely lucky oh and i didn't mention it but when It did start back up it blew a lot of white smoke which did go away after a couple minutes out of water.

Macland

Titan Swapped / SAS'd
Founding Member
That's a heck of a way to get your feet wet with the Xterra.

I'd say you're doing the right thing by being cautious. I would keep an extra alternator around if you're going to make a habit of playing in the mud.