2000-2015 xterra commemorative decal.

X4Life

Test Drive
Oh i will be placing an order shortly you guys make some awesome stuff there maybe something i want that i didnt see but we will worry about that when the time comes till then keep kicking ace

Creepy Cruiser

Sliders
Site Sponsor
Founding Member
Well, to be honest, we've drawn up several different designs now, and all of them suck, lol. None of them have just jumped out as being worthy, lol. (that's why I haven't posted anything yet). At this point, we'll take ideas from any of you guys and maybe mix them together and come up with something really cool.

If any of you do want to give any suggestions, please PM or email me though. Let's not clog up this thread with just a bunch of misc stuff.

Also, if we end up using your idea in the final artwork, I'll send that person a free decal before anyone else gets one, just to say thanks. (But only if the suggestion come to us in a PM or Email). Any ideas posted in this thread don't count, lol. Also,it has to be an original specific type idea, not just something like "a tire tread with lettering", lol.

rolling rock

First Fill-Up (of many)
Guess we not getting anywhere with this? Or no decent designs have been submitted to creepy. Would still like to see this happen.

kirk

Butterfly King
Supporting Member
Seems like it would be pretty straight forward right? Something about 15 years and an X, blah blah.. Im no artist.

Cruecible

Titan Swapped / SAS'd
Sad day. I was looking forward to this too. I'll throw together a design real quick to at least say I tried. I'll have it done before noon PST

GPD605X

Lockers Installed
Founding Member
I think if we could get good front view silhouette shots of all generations and have them side by side and maybe mountains in the background or something... I know creepy can do it but he's always busy so why don't we try and find people that we know try and help design it and maybe he can take that and tweak it and make it perfect. I'm working on a design as well so hopefully all of us artist/designers can come up with something collectively.

Cruecible

Titan Swapped / SAS'd
I was pretty much thinking exactly along the same lines as GPD605X. My initial idea was a side profile view of 1st and 2nd gen facing each other, in front of a sunset going down behind some mountains. I was going to use the Xterra designs from Creepy's site for the little Xterras, but for the life of me I can't find on Google what I have in my head for the mountain sunset. I am not skilled enough as an artist to create something on my own, but I'm pretty fluent with PhotoShop which was how I was going to mash it all together

Cruecible

Titan Swapped / SAS'd
Per Creepy's rules, I sent it to him via a PM. If he gives me the go-ahead to post it in here, I will.

I'm still amazed that of all the more graphically artistic inclined people than me, no one has come up with anything yet for this. I'm hopeful something will come of my design

Creepy Cruiser

Sliders
Site Sponsor
Founding Member
Ok we're finally back on this project, lol.

We finally got a few submissions anyway. I guess we were over thinking it all this time. We were trying to come up with something crazy new. However, it looks like from the submissions, you guys just want something pretty simple, so we can go that route too, no problem.

Prime

Shut up Baby, I know it!
Admin
Ok we're finally back on this project, lol.

We finally got a few submissions anyway. I guess we were over thinking it all this time. We were trying to come up with something crazy new. However, it looks like from the submissions, you guys just want something pretty simple, so we can go that route too, no problem.
What do you have that's crazy and new? Maybe everyone is wrong. You're the master.

Creepy Cruiser

Sliders
Site Sponsor
Founding Member
That's been the problem thus far. We've been trying to come up with something "different", but we've felt all of it so far has looked like crap, lol. (designers block I guess). I think we were putting too much pressure on ourselves to come up with something worthy of the awesomeness of the X, lol. That's why we took a break from it, figured we could come back to it with fresh eyes.

Creepy Cruiser

Sliders
Site Sponsor
Founding Member
Sorry guys. Right after I posted last, we got another big corporate metal sign job, so I've been stuck on that.

3D all metal signs, seem to be the big thing right now. They're a lot of fun to do as well.

o2EUXxq.jpg

kYtfx1l.jpg

I should be able to get back on it as soon as we send these ones out for powder coat. Normally we do all our powder in house, but these 4'x8' backgrounds are too big for our ovens, lol.

Creepy Cruiser

Sliders
Site Sponsor
Founding Member
I've gotten a little time to work on it lately, but not much. Been slammed with things like: Just sent off over 450+ decals to gondMOAB for you guys, making sure all the normal site orders get shipped within 24 hours, etc... Little by little I'm plugging away at it though. Art time has been quite scarce since the sun has come out, lol.

kirk

Butterfly King
Supporting Member
Thats actually pretty cool! I say we make those immediately. Whys the 2000 look like a lowrider? Hahah

GPD605X

Lockers Installed
Founding Member
Probably going to have one with no tire tread as that would be a b!tch to weed out. Also working on with all armored X's too

Sent from my couch