ABS activate and then abs light comes on

Hollywood151

Test Drive
2003 X, auto 4x4 w/166k miles

I press the brakes, I feel the abs pulse regardless of road condition, then abs light comes on and no more pulse.

The pulse is new. It was showing signs of bad abs sensor. It (abs light) would come on when I was on a snow covered road, then once I went straight down a clear road it would turn off. Now I'm getting the abs pulse, I can hear it too, then once light comes on, no more pulse.

I'm guessing abs unit, it's not throwing an OBD II code.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

Muadeeb

Nissan al Gaib
Admin
ABS doesn't typically throw an OBD code. When the ABS light is on, that means the system has an issue. Pull the code from there and diagnose from there. The reason the pulsing stops when the ABS light is on is because the ABS system stops working when it throws a code.

Hollywood151

Test Drive
ABS doesn't typically throw an OBD code. Pull the code from there and diagnose from there.

Paul of House Atredies,

First off, your name is a killing word.

Second, I inquired on another thread about how to ground the pin using a harness. I'm a see it/do it guy. Anyone have or know of a link that shows either images or a how to video?

I'm not a think as you smart I am.

Muadeeb

Nissan al Gaib
Admin
Crap, forgot about this... I've made a note to do a video tomorrow while I'm babysitting my transmitters

Muadeeb

Nissan al Gaib
Admin
Did someone ask for a video?
[video=youtube_share;sONjwJltaKs]http://youtu.be/sONjwJltaKs[/video]