What's Up Xterra Nation!?!?!?!

D-RAYMAC

Test Drive
Hey Guys! Just signed up for the site and thought I would introduce myself. My name is Danny and I am having a very toxic relationship with Xterras, lol. I have, over the years, loved the look of these trucks and last week, I was finally able to consummate that love! I currently live in Zanesville, OH, which is about an hour east of Columbus, OH, where I work. So, looking forward to catching some guys from the state to meet and greet.

Meet my new girl...she is a 2007 6MT 4WD midnight blue babe and I am going to say it's an X(the title lists XTR). She has 187,500 miles as well. It was a bank repo and I bought it without even driving it. I feel I have lucked out with that decision. Seems to run great from what I can tell. I am brand new to the 4WD scene(I came fairly close with a 98 CRV AWD). I have limited background with DIY and mechanic work but I think with the awesome resources here, that may change.

Everything seen here is how she came to me. I have a billion questions with some of the things to look for with this year and model, like TPMS light, the cooling system debacle, etc, etc. I am currently looking over the forum to answer some of these but a quick heads up on some standout things would be awesome! :tunes:

More pics to come once I get some time and daylight. Took this shot after pulling into work after the freezing rain we had in most of Ohio this morning. Interior is damn near perfection as just the left side of the drivers seat was worn and guts are starting to show. But lets face it, my crack would have done the same damage, so no points deducted! :smile:

IMAG0496_zpsyexbda50.jpg

TheFauxFox

Titan Swapped / SAS'd
Founding Member
Welcome.

I almost bought a midnight blue when looking for my Gen 2, but the dealer took it off to auction the day I went to look at it. Its one of those uncommon Gen 2 colors. If you decide its a 40ft truck, anyone would tell you its black. :D:

JeffPro4x

Hot Pipe
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Welcome from Philly! I also had a limited automotive background when I bought my X but with the help of the forums and Google, I've learned how to do a ton of stuff. It's an addiction now.

granitex

Skid Plates
Founding Member
Welcome from the just other side of Columbus. there are a few of us around that wheel. There is also a certain green SAS fronty near you that gets out once in a while.

D-RAYMAC

Test Drive
Thanks Guys! Glad to Be Here!

Welcome from Philly! I also had a limited automotive background when I bought my X but with the help of the forums and Google, I've learned how to do a ton of stuff. It's an addiction now.

Awesome, I can learn just about anything, next to how a womans mind works. :p

Welcome from the just other side of Columbus. there are a few of us around that wheel. There is also a certain green SAS fronty near you that gets out once in a while.

Very Cool! Looking forward to doing some light wheeling til I figure out what the heck I want to do with suspension and all that good stuff

Welcome in! Nice story, and now I'm picturing you as Chris Farley haha.

Tommy Want Wingy!!!

ericcris10sen

First Fill-Up (of many)
Looks nice dude! I got mine with 170,000 on it, she just turned 210,000 a couple days ago :)

Would you be able to take of a picture of the inside? I've always been fond of the newer gens when it comes to comfort, luxury (in it's own way), and organizers. Did yours come with anything special in it?

D-RAYMAC

Test Drive
Would you be able to take of a picture of the inside? I've always been fond of the newer gens when it comes to comfort, luxury (in it's own way), and organizers. Did yours come with anything special in it?

Took some shots today, nothing really out of the ordinary from what I can tell. I did get the original floor mats up front which was nice. As promised, arse damage to the front seat, haha.

Still not used to having cruise control in a ST vehicle...

Pretty clean through out

You gotta have an Alien Life Form riding with you, haha

Little damage to the plastic here but nothing I would not have done either

Hitch area...love the winter here, I really do

One More of the interior

Played around with the off road capabilities today. Snowed over parking lot in State Park? Why not

Did find a side road in the park that I rode on with a buddy awhile back and knew what to expect.

Before:

After:

D-RAYMAC

Test Drive
What are you're plans for the X?

Welp, finding out that brakes need to be done first, lol...got the shakes starting.
First purchase is a K/N air filter after that.
But as far anything more, I want to the 2" BL and slap some bigger tires on it(285/75/16 looks the way to go). I am looking to see if that affects MPG all that much as this is going to be DD for awhile. I also want to revamp the lights all around with LED replacements, new head unit, and go from there. One other thing is keyless entry/remote start, prioritized in that order. This one didn't come with any fobs, so I am guessing it's not equipped? Or the previous owner didn't hand them back in.

Muadeeb

Nissan al Gaib
Admin
Previous owner probably didn't hand them in. Jay (Prime) is our resident LED nut job, so ask him if you have any questions there.

D-RAYMAC

Test Drive
Start up a build thread, homie.

Working on it :p It will look slim for awhile, but hey, gotta start somewhere!

Thanks for all the kind words guys! Learning so much already by reading the forums. That whole grade school learning to read is really starting to pay off! :p

Last edited: