Cptpackrat's 01 build "EMMA"

Cptpackrat

Bumpers Installed
On that stuff, OEM all the way. You're gonna pay more money but it comes with the knowledge that the stuff is designed to last 100k.

Good to know! I will get it ordered probably on the 1st. I live less than 2 miles from work so I can drive to and from for now, but that is about it

Cptpackrat

Bumpers Installed
Im still a few months out from the SAS, but it will be worth the wait. I mean... I COULD have it done before Gone2017, but I have a TON on the plate right now between school, work, moab prep, new guns, and a few other things... but man I am excited

Cptpackrat

Bumpers Installed
Also, while it is still sorta fresh in my mind. I am going to relocate and change SLIGHTLY how my water temp sensor it pulling a reading. After a little thought while pondering future plans for my rig I decided that welding a 1/8" npt bung directly into the radiator might pull a more accurate reading as well as ridding my 2 piece upper hose. HOPEFULLY I can go back to running a normal upper hose by doing this and end up with fewer points of failure. I will likely locate this new bung close to the upper hose inlet as to get the coolant fresh off the motor but still prior to it having enough time to cool off (yes I know its a pressurized system and it really wont make a difference)

Cptpackrat

Bumpers Installed
Well today was filled with alot of driving. Last night I was out and didnt get to sleep until about 2am. I woke up at 830, on the road by 10am, drove to Casper WY, and hauled ass home. What did I pick up in Casper? Well...
16388142_1454800497872748_7611848609348606256_n.jpg

16473929_1454800491206082_6956316910077593222_n.jpg

Tomorrow as long as Im not super sick I will try to get some work done on the rig and hopefully be able to drive it this week.

Cptpackrat

Bumpers Installed
Now that I have the correct axle for the application, I will get to work getting it torn down when I have some free time at work. Going to be essentially a fresh axle when it goes under my rig

akuria

Wheeling
Now that I have the correct axle for the application, I will get to work getting it torn down when I have some free time at work. Going to be essentially a fresh axle when it goes under my rig

That's what I ended up doing too. New ball joints, rotors, calipers and pads and everything. Go with drilled and slotted rotors. They weren't expensive and totally worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Prime

Shut up Baby, I know it!
Admin
That's what I ended up doing too. New ball joints, rotors, calipers and pads and everything. Go with drilled and slotted rotors. They weren't expensive and totally worth it.

Out west where you are? Sure. Anywhere there's mud? Nah. Those pockets are nothing but a trap for wet dirt.

Prime

Shut up Baby, I know it!
Admin
Right on. The lokka makes a lot of sense with actual hubs. When I was contemplating my SAS on the old truck, I really wanted to find some old Ford auto hubs for the D44. I just hate the notion of having to get out and deal with them when I want 4wd.

Cptpackrat

Bumpers Installed
Right on. The lokka makes a lot of sense with actual hubs. When I was contemplating my SAS on the old truck, I really wanted to find some old Ford auto hubs for the D44. I just hate the notion of having to get out and deal with them when I want 4wd.

You know, I actually dont mind having to do that. I wish I could afford to do an ARB

akuria

Wheeling
I don't mind the manual locking hubs either. I went with a lokka up front and totally love it. Also for the same reason.

As for drilled and slotted rotors...I mud fest my rig all the time and really have no issues with them. I also have the thick clay type of mud here too.

akuria

Wheeling
Oh and first ting I'd do is ditch that stock Y link and go with GM 1 ton Ylink. Totally worth it and makes a world of difference with the steering.

akuria

Wheeling
http://www.chassisunlimited.com/product/steering/tie-rod-kits/y-link-drag-link-steering-kit.html

This is the one that I got. They are local to me. They're in Dublin.

Also all you'd have to do is ream the pitman arm. The knuckles will hold the tie rods as they are. Plus you get ¼" wall dom tubing. Super strong. I've literally slipped off rocks and landed straight on my links without a single issue. I've also rammed into them too and they keep asking for more.

Cptpackrat

Bumpers Installed
So today, despite being a little under the weather I was able to get some work done. I replaced the thermostat with a Failsafe type stat, also changed out my clutch fan. So far that seemed to cure my issues, but I will have to do some more driving to know for sure.

akuria

Wheeling
So today, despite being a little under the weather I was able to get some work done. I replaced the thermostat with a Failsafe type stat, also changed out my clutch fan. So far that seemed to cure my issues, but I will have to do some more driving to know for sure.

Oh good. Hopefully it's resolved.

Cptpackrat

Bumpers Installed
....but you'll have sas.

But the problem is I like to overbuild things.... like spending money I really don't have to get RCV axles. I really would love a set... What about hydro assist? I know how it all works, but not the slightest on what style ram I should go with... Single or dual? Should I go 35s or SOA and go crazy and fit 37s? These are all things I have bouncing around in my head. Something will happen.... soon

Anyone have a Dana 300 laying around?

Prime

Shut up Baby, I know it!
Admin
But the problem is I like to overbuild things.... like spending money I really don't have to get RCV axles. I really would love a set... What about hydro assist? I know how it all works, but not the slightest on what style ram I should go with... Single or dual? Should I go 35s or SOA and go crazy and fit 37s? These are all things I have bouncing around in my head. Something will happen.... soon

Anyone have a Dana 300 laying around?
Hahaha. Honestly, I wouldn't waste the money on hydro. The RCV shafts? That's a different story. If they made Titan shafts, I'd be all about it. 35s is all a 1st gen needs. There's too much cutting/bump stopping for 37s imo.

Cptpackrat

Bumpers Installed
Hahaha. Honestly, I wouldn't waste the money on hydro. The RCV shafts? That's a different story. If they made Titan shafts, I'd be all about it. 35s is all a 1st gen needs. There's too much cutting/bump stopping for 37s imo.

Havent you heard the old saying "Go stupid or go home" or something like that... I just think the unoqueness of 37s would be awesome.

akuria

Wheeling
If I weee to do my SAS over again I'd go with a custom 3 link and coilovers. Add the RCV shafts. I'm perfectly content with my 35s. With a Dana axle you'll have a hard time matching the proper gear ratio with the h233b for 37s. I'd really only go 37s if A) you're doing a diamond h233b SAS. Or B) you were swapping out the rear axle for a D44 as well.

Cptpackrat

Bumpers Installed
If I weee to do my SAS over again I'd go with a custom 3 link and coilovers. Add the RCV shafts. I'm perfectly content with my 35s. With a Dana axle you'll have a hard time matching the proper gear ratio with the h233b for 37s. I'd really only go 37s if A) you're doing a diamond h233b SAS. Or B) you were swapping out the rear axle for a D44 as well.

Im already planning to regear to 5:13s front and rear anyways, I COULD always swap to a D44 with discs in back and have alt of options for gearing and cheaper parts.