USA & Canada Trip; Metzican, Silverback

BEEFY

I Smile when Gasoline Can Freeze
This looks like a killer trip. I'm in Prince George BC Canada and it looks like you are passing through. You are more that welcome to crash at my place and refill water tanks and use the shows and what ever else you need. I have a couple acres so lots of room to set up and if needed a shop for any maintnace. And if the timing works out and you have a extra day or 2 there are a couple side trips I could take you on.

metzican

Suspension Lift
This looks like a killer trip. I'm in Prince George BC Canada and it looks like you are passing through. You are more that welcome to crash at my place and refill water tanks and use the shows and what ever else you need. I have a couple acres so lots of room to set up and if needed a shop for any maintnace. And if the timing works out and you have a extra day or 2 there are a couple side trips I could take you on.

This is starting to work out perfectly. I already have some people I can hit up in Calgary then there will be quite a few days between there and Prince George so I will be sure to hit you up. This trip is all about those side trips. Hell the trip is one big side trip about 24,000 extra miles form me going from Louisiana to Wisconsin. I want to slow down ask the locals and see all the great places within reason. I'm sure I will also need to do maintenance. It's a lot of miles and ruff terrain to cover. Thanks for the offer and I will be sure to hit you up in a month or two to get some more info.

metzican

Suspension Lift
If you need a place to fill your fresh water and grab a quick shower in Saskatchewan Canada let me know

Your already on my list. That is one area of Canada I'm going to play by ear as it is the end of the trip and hard to say when I will be there and what the weather will be like.

Hey Americans. Do you see all these super nice Canadians/Alaskans <= I know such a horrible stereo type. Step up your game Americans!

BEEFY

I Smile when Gasoline Can Freeze
I haven't done that trip. But from reading multiple trip reports on it, it is supposed to be a great trail system. Supposedly it can be run in a stock vehicle with good tires. But depending on time the snow can hang out in areas late. So a locker and winch can be helpful. I will find a couple trip reports to link you to.

metzican

Suspension Lift
I've read some trip reports about it. I was looking for more first hand experience. Some people say stuff can be done in stock but that means they are ramming every obstacle. Also with pulling a teardrop that makes a huge difference.

Prime

Shut up Baby, I know it!
Admin
Hey Americans. Do you see all these super nice Canadians/Alaskans <= I know such a horrible stereo type. Step up your game Americans!

Hey, if you were coming to this armpit, I'd hook you up. But ya not.

/and I don't blame you
//your trip would be ruined if you did

metzican

Suspension Lift
Hey, if you were coming to this armpit, I'd hook you up. But ya not.

/and I don't blame you
//your trip would be ruined if you did

I consider it more the tant then the armpit. I've been there before. That area is not bad but to much civilization for this type of trip.

metzican

Suspension Lift
So to help out with this trip I picked this up.

Ignore the crazy wires.
20150305_201440_zpsq44ulmf0.jpg

Just a glance of what this thing can do.
20150305_212215_zpswi40dr6e.jpg

I loaded my track onto it all 130,000 points and it took it did not have to cut it up at all. Also picked up the US topo maps for the trip.

metzican

Suspension Lift
For those of you that have offered up a clean shower and a refill on water. Thank you so much. I appreciate it now. But then I know it will be great. I have sent you each a PM or FB message if you live remotely near the route. If you change your mind that is ok. I understand or just timing will not work out don't feel bad.

For anyone else that wants to offer up even a water hose to clean off with just pm me or leave a comment. You can see some fairly detailed maps at the following link of where I plan on going. If you know of a great trail or camp spot (prefer free) in an area let me know. If you want to see a more detailed route of a specific area just PM me.

Link 1
Link 2
Link 3

metzican

Suspension Lift
So this trip has become a little more official.

Last week I moved all my belongings that will not go on the trip with me from Louisiana to Wisconsin up to a storage unit.

Today I talked to my boss and due to the slow down in the industry. I am voluntarily getting laid off which comes with some benefits. This will go into effect after the first full week next month. This means I have 5 weeks to finish my camper and leave for this trip. Since my lease is up at that time too.

drbandkgb

Titan Swapped / SAS'd
Founding Member
You know you have a place to store anything you need here..

Keep up the good fight and get this trip on the road :)

Shadowdragon

First Fill-Up (of many)
Supporting Member
Man, super jealous of you Metz. This looks like so much fun. I'd love to drive cross-country sometime, maybe when I graduate college I'll have the opportunity.

caseycamby

Suspension Lift
Just now saw this.. Oh, the epicness! I'm jealous and want to do something similar sometime.

Do you plan on doing all of this alone? I don't know how hard some of the trails are that you'll be doing but if you get into some trouble that far from civilization it can get tricky.

metzican

Suspension Lift
You know you have a place to store anything you need here..

Keep up the good fight and get this trip on the road :)

I know I have a place. But anything else I have will stay with my parents for now. I'm basically looking at 5 weeks until I'm on the road.

That couldn't have worked out better for you.

I know, I was shocked. I know I'm a good employee but you never know how people will react.

Man, super jealous of you Metz. This looks like so much fun. I'd love to drive cross-country sometime, maybe when I graduate college I'll have the opportunity.

I hope you graduate with more money then I did. I graduated with $150 dollars cash. No place to live and No Job.

Just now saw this.. Oh, the epicness! I'm jealous and want to do something similar sometime.

Do you plan on doing all of this alone? I don't know how hard some of the trails are that you'll be doing but if you get into some trouble that far from civilization it can get tricky.

This trip is solo. May pick up a stray dog along the way you never know. Most of the trails will be easy that far from civilization. The unknown ones are up in Alaska and Canada. Hence why I have so much recovery equipment and spare parts to drag along.

P&P

Need Bigger Tires
Site Sponsor
Please stop by the shop if you're going to be in the area. We still have 1 or 2 last pieces to mail you before you head out. They should go out this week so keep an eye out for them.

Trip looks like a blast man!

Ddoggy123

Test Drive
Sweet

Fellow X adventurer I just saw tour updated route in AK and your time line working out with your work and lease too...things are coming together for you it sounds and the excitement must be building...hope to see you and your are welcome to stop by and layover, regroup or supply up here on the Peninsula...I only have a humble AK dwelling to offer, but I am rich with knowledge of the area and you are welcome to a safe friendly Place to stop by. 907 953 7110...Darren Cross

metzican

Suspension Lift
Please stop by the shop if you're going to be in the area. We still have 1 or 2 last pieces to mail you before you head out. They should go out this week so keep an eye out for them.

Trip looks like a blast man!

If I'm not mistaken your shop is in Indiana now? If so that is a little out of the way. But I'm going to try to make it to WENT so you should see it there.

Fellow X adventurer I just saw tour updated route in AK and your time line working out with your work and lease too...things are coming together for you it sounds and the excitement must be building...hope to see you and your are welcome to stop by and layover, regroup or supply up here on the Peninsula...I only have a humble AK dwelling to offer, but I am rich with knowledge of the area and you are welcome to a safe friendly Place to stop by. 907 953 7110...Darren Cross

The excitement is crazy!!!!! I will be sure to hit you up hopefully a few days before I show up. I appreciate the offer. It will be nice to just sit down and talk and learn about the area.

metzican

Suspension Lift
Too awesome. Have an epic trip, Metz. I'm sure we'll all be sitting at home and being jealous.

Good luck and happy motoring!

Safe travels bro! I look forward to the updates and pictures.

Thank you guys, I'm looking forward to it as well.

May you come back winning build of the year

Don't tell anyone. But I've been secretly hoping someone nom my Xterra too so I have a chance for first and second.