Mabel

thecoalition

Call me Daddy
I have a few things on the list and I figured I'm gonna get it all done while the wheels and skids are dropped. I also plan on SS brake lines, replacing LCA ball joints, all the other fluids and rear bump stops. Just spacing out my purchases across paychecks and then doing 1 full day of maintenance once it's warm.

drbandkgb

Titan Swapped / SAS'd
Founding Member
I have a few things on the list and I figured I'm gonna get it all done while the wheels and skids are dropped. I also plan on SS brake lines, replacing LCA ball joints, all the other fluids and rear bump stops. Just spacing out my purchases across paychecks and then doing 1 full day of maintenance once it's warm.

I hear its almost better to buy LCA's vs replacing them on the Gen 2..

caseycamby

Suspension Lift
I know in the service manual they really don't even recognize replacing the LBJs at all. They say you "must" replace the whole arm, but yeah, it's probably just as good to replace the whole thing.

thecoalition

Call me Daddy
Ordered more amsoil - got severe gear 75w90.
Also ordered my green stuff pads. Just need some stainless brakelines and should be ready to start doing that.

Trying to decide when I want to do the transmission fluid. Might save that for the spring/summer.

thecoalition

Call me Daddy
Beautiful day out - mid 60s in February - used it to do my oil and filter change, install my Femco no spill, and seafoam the engine.

Still waiting on my rear EBC pads and going to pull the trigger on some stainless brake lines when i get paid.

thecoalition

Call me Daddy
Either way it's done right? Had to drop my oil pan skid though which was a pain to do solo with no jack, however, I still hate the man who decided the location of the oil filter was a "good" idea.

thecoalition

Call me Daddy
Got a couple things ordered and few things in. Not going to list what is still waiting to go in due to weather and priorities but I got some really cool stuff from Blue Ridge Overland Gear. The reason I went with these guys is they are also from Virginia and hand cut and sew their products. They have some really neat items so I wanted to give them a try. I started out with the First Aid Kit Bag and realized after filling it, that I wanted to get some smaller pouches to go inside in order to really organize the kit. Wouldn't you know they have smaller ones for just that reason! So on my second order, I picked up a first aid kit label, the small velcro front zip clear pouch and the small velcro front zip pouch. The 2 pouches + IFAK are perfect for a fully stocked first aid kit. If you're not sure what I mean by fully stocked - REI has a fantastic checklist that you can alter to your needs. Check it out here.

Along with that IFAK bag, my first order also included the Overland Oil Bag. This bad boy is pretty cool, and was designed for holding leaky fluid bottles, however, I only keep 1qt of oil in my truck at the moment so I figured why not use it for recovery gear? Right now I have 1qt of oil, 1 pair of gloves, 1 ARB Tire Deflator, 1 Smittybuilt Tow Strap, 1 Tire Repair Kit and something else that I know I am forgetting. It all fits into the bag nicely with plent of room. I could probably fit in 3 straps stacked side by side. The reason I went with this over the actual recovery gear bag was because of the fact that the interior is water/oil proof lined. The recovery bag has a grommet in the bottom to let water drain out, but this doesn't. If I ever need to replace something on the trail, I can toss the oily/leaky/dirty parts into this bag and keep it from messing the interior of my truck. Those that know me understand how important a clean truck is.

The one question some people have asked is why not just go with a Hep Designs molle panel? Well 2 reasons actually. First, ability to relocate. Hep made his stuff to go in specific places in the Xterra. Windows/hatch/etc. I wanted something that I could put on the back seat and move elsewhere when needed. This molle panel does just that by mounting to any rear bench or split bench with 2 nylon buckle straps. The panel itself has some type of stiff material to keep it from bending under weight and tension too. The big pro here is that if I need to drop the seats and slide something into the back, I can just remove my pouches and go about it, I don't have to worry about bending a metal panel or scratching paint. The one issue I noticed is that because this panel was probably designed with a Jeep in mind (from my understand most of the BROG guys are Jeepers), the bottom row of velcro gets covered up by the truck flooring when the seat is upright. Not a huge deal, but I wouldn't mind being able to have both the top and bottom row accessible for velcro-goodness. The other thing I like about this is a 2 parter. First, it doesn't block any of my windows, and second it doesn't keep my gear up in eye view for potential thievery. We city boys need to worry about that sometimes. This panel lets me keep all my stuff low and out of sight, which makes me happy.

I will probably end up getting a few more things from Blue Ridge Overland Gear as I get some more cash to spend. They have really cool gear and the prices are very fair imo. I know I definitely want the true recovery bag as I expand my recovery gear selection and I will probably get a few more various sized molle bags or specialty bags (their goal zero specific bags/pouches as an example) to fill out the molle panel as the need arrives. If you haven't seen or hear of these guys, please check them out. I'm picky, and very pleased with my gear from them, so I think you all will be too.

Last edited:

thecoalition

Call me Daddy
Finally had the glorious weather Virginia springs are made of. Got my rotors, pads, lines, and fluid done for the brake system. Took a little longer than planned, but it was a laid back day of working on the truck and the 67 and sunny wasn't too shabby.

thecoalition

Call me Daddy
Went to Tom's on saturday so we could install the Shrock front bumper. Good gobble what a pain that was to do with 2 people. I ended up punching Mabel in the fender, leaving a nice dent, after slamming my hand and had to lift the bumper by hand and hold it bc our jack stand wasn't tall enough.
Either way - it's on, it looks good, slightly lower on the passenger side, but we couldn't get it to adjust. I figure one good yank with a winch and it will be just right.

Last edited:

thecoalition

Call me Daddy
Over this past weekend the work that was done was: BlueSea box wired up under the steering column, Switches installed, Cb Rewired, Rigid Duallys mounted and wired.

thecoalition

Call me Daddy
Finally got time with electrical wizard prime. We did this:

d5LMM0p.jpg

thecoalition

Call me Daddy
Not really an advantage, but the cost of new balljoints is about the same as the LCAs and it's easier to just swap the entire LCA out instead of f'ing with getting them out, pressing out the ball joints, and then reassembly.

thecoalition

Call me Daddy
Welp...back from WENT last night. Parked and went into the house to eat something. Came back out to unload and noticed a puddle of diff fluid on the ground. I peeled the bottom lip of the infamous c200k. Also ended up catching the sidewall of my front driver tire so that will need to be replaced. Rode home on the spare.

Awesome time at went. Replacement diff cover on order. Saving for an m226 begins in october.

GPD605X

Lockers Installed
Founding Member
That sucks! I snagged a BTF cover from Deltaphi, I almost put it on before I left but brought it just in case the cover got damaged.

thecoalition

Call me Daddy
Yea I called BTF since they were the most reputable, but they said they no longer make the c200k covers...not sure if there just wasn't a market for them or what.

thecoalition

Call me Daddy
New alternator, new fuseable link, fixed ARB air compressor fan that was broken into pieces during shipping causing me not to be able to use it at WENT