obd scan tools

Muadeeb

Nissan al Gaib
Admin
I have the SX and a Wifi tool from http://www.scantool.net/ The SX is a USB device and works under Win 7 & 8. The WiFi is just that, a WiFi access point that you can point your phone/tablet/laptop to and get the info.

granitex

Skid Plates
Founding Member
I just have the cheapest one that Harbor Freight had at the time. 7 years later and it is still running without issue about the best $40 that I have spent in a while. It has been used at every event that I have been to by more than a few people. Nice to have a quick reference on what can be ignored and what needs to be addressed right then.

TJTJ

Skid Plates
Founding Member
I downloaded the full version of DashCommand and bought an OBDII Bluetooth Module, for a combined investment of ~ $16.

So, I use the smart phone to "Be" the OBD Reader, and it communicates directly via the blue tooth ports on the phone and OBD jack (The bluetooth module just plugs into the OBD port under the dash, the way a reader's jack would, etc)

I LEAVE the bluetooth jack on the OBD port, and I can look at my phone to read temps, rpm, codes, readiness of OBD sensors (I needed that to time inspections between engine light episodes...), clear codes, every thing my big 'ol regular OBD reader did, but with extra options, and, all in real time.

You can even recalibrate your ECU for larger tires, diff gear changes, etc...pretty cool stuff.

Prime

Shut up Baby, I know it!
Admin
Same here. Cheap Bluetooth scanner and phone. Works awesome and way cheaper than an actual scanner. Mine stays plugged in 100% of the time. So if I ever need ecu info, I just launch the app and go.