WENT Convoy From the East

Tay-Lo

I'm the king of junk food!
So I figure that I-40 is a common route for those coming from SC NC VA and maybe even from some of the more northern states too. Who wants to meet up along the way and start Convoys? We can try and set times to meet at major points and make the convoy grow.

I personally will be starting on the north side of Spartanburg SC on I-26 then going up to Ashville NC and getting on I-40 there. I've met Casey on 40 before just west of where they cross.

How about we make a list of the basic route everybody will be taking and see if there are similarities. If somebody will be driving in the convoy but isn't on the forums just make a note. Like a buddy of mine will be driving his own vehicle so I'll put Tay-Lo (+1)

Having a CB would very useful, just to BS and say you need to make a pit stop. (Casey you should probably get your coax fixed and antenna tuned)

Lets try and keep a common format:
Name - Day of travel - basic route

Tay-Lo (+1) - Wednesday - I-26 to I-40

caseycamby

Suspension Lift
I was just about to do this but you beat me to it haha. You know I'm in!! I guess once we get more people committed, we can start planning good meet up points. I love convoys so much!!!

Tay-Lo (+1) - Wednesday - I-26 to I-40

caseycamby - Wednesday - I-40 straight!

Frogstar7055

Wheeling
Just did the math.

[FONT=&amp]Straight up 77[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]562.30 miles[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]8 hrs 31 mins[/FONT]

95 to 26 to 40 around Asheville

[FONT=&amp]719.29 miles[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]11 hrs 6 mins

[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Not sure that's the best route for us FL peeps.[/FONT][FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]

eddieb

Bought an X
Straight up 77 it is, wifey told me it was a 30 minute difference.

Just did the math.

[FONT=&amp]Straight up 77[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]562.30 miles[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]8 hrs 31 mins[/FONT]

95 to 26 to 40 around Asheville

[FONT=&amp]719.29 miles[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]11 hrs 6 mins

[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Not sure that's the best route for us FL peeps.[/FONT][FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]

Roadwarrior

Titan Swapped / SAS'd
Founding Member
I have no idea when I am leaving.. I will look into it more when it gets closer. I might or might not be a part of this convoy. I would love to be though.. I would have to beat you guys to where I intercept 40, unless I go back to Asheville.. Maybe wednesday morning pick Camby up, drive through Asheville, pick parts up and stroll on through.

Tay-Lo

I'm the king of junk food!
Yeah I'm not planning on leaving til like mid day....maybe 11 or 12 and it takes me 4 hours so theres no real rush

Roadwarrior

Titan Swapped / SAS'd
Founding Member
I'll be on the road Tuesday afternoon. Be coming through into 40 at the butt crack of Wednesday.

So I'll likely be before any convoys.

images

Prime

Shut up Baby, I know it!
Admin
If anyone is leaving that early I'd be more than happy to meet up. Might find a hotel Tuesday night and continue Wednesday morning. Haven't decided yet.