• Flat Tan Military Style

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Flat Old School Army Green

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tex Terra

Bought an X
Hello everyone. Name is John. Live in the SA Tx area.
Picked up a old sliver 1st gen not too long ago with 80k on the odometer.
Started the project as soon as I got her.
So far:
3' BL (from 4x4parts)
3' SL ( deluxe kit from 4x4 parts with 5100's )
removed plastic mud guards
removed stock side rails
painted frame

To be done next: 7-14 days

Paint all plastics to include the roof rack with Bed Liner

Instal new Rock Crawler 17' Wheels with 33' Nitto Graplers

Parts currently in search of :
Shrockworks rear bumper with tire carrier, some type of add on roof rack Yakima maybe, lights, high lift jack, cb, arb, and a hell of a lot of stickers.

Stay in touch as I update this thread.

Take care guys and see ya around.

Attachments

• the begining.jpg
    the begining.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 92
  • after lift.jpg
    after lift.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 120
  • product_thumb-4.php.jpeg
    product_thumb-4.php.jpeg
    6.9 KB · Views: 72
  • product_thumb-3.php.jpeg
    product_thumb-3.php.jpeg
    6.9 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:

Cruecible

Titan Swapped / SAS'd
Welcome to the Nation! Good looking truck and good start so far. From personal experience, tires are going to be annoyingly more expensive for 17" wheels, I had that size when I had my stock SE Supercharged rims. For 15's however, the prices are way more friendly. Personal preference though, and I'd like to see what you're going with. The painting of the plastics is by far one of the cheapest and most enjoyable mods quite a few folks do, myself being one of them. Tons of friendly and knowledgeable people here, don't be afraid to ask questions

Tex Terra

Bought an X
Just noticed there is a actual build thread section on the site....yeah I'm a dummy :/ can a moderator help a brother out and move this thread? Or I can just start a new one in the correct section?

Prime

Shut up Baby, I know it!
Admin
Nice start!

But.

OMGBIGGGERTIRESPLZKTHXBAI

lol.

Out of curiosity, what made you do a 3" BL? I've heard of nothing but headaches when it comes to that.

Keep up the good work and by all means, draw on our collective wealth of knowledge.

Tex Terra

Bought an X
Nice start!

Out of curiosity, what made you do a 3" BL? I've heard of nothing but headaches when it comes to that.

Keep up the good work and by all means, draw on our collective wealth of knowledge.

Twaz not a headache....allz you got to do is read the destructions ...I mean instructions :)

march490

Bought an X
Awesome start with the lift man! Would love to see the progression you have in store. Thats a solid list of mods to come! And props for tackling the 3" BL!!!
And I agree.. an ARB would look sick on there... just be aware they dont come ready for body lifts. You may have to do some modification to the bumper for it to be flush with your body lift. Im still trying to figure out what im going to do when I install my 2" BL this weekend...

xterraminator

Wheeling
If you ever want to get parts go to Summitracing. Com free shipping. 4x4parts.com is great because all the equipment they sell is ready bolt on and custom made for xterras. Keep the pictures coming, great mods.

Last edited:

Tex Terra

Bought an X
20140714_175311.jpg
Progress pic. Plastics gettn painted and new wheels and tires on. Yakima basket came in the mail as well as my front and rear ARB lockers. Them are 33's on 17' black crawlers. More pics soon. Thanks Guys

Tex Terra

Bought an X
well next up is the instal of my front and rear ARB lockers , my matching spare on the roof ( got the actual Yakima spare tire mount ) and paint. What will the paint be I have no friggn idea yet. I'll leave it up to the poll to decide. Oh yeah STICKERS ....I need some dang stickers! Where is a good place to shop for all things stickers guys ?

Cruecible

Titan Swapped / SAS'd
Those are 33's?? Those look huge! And looks much better and more filled out. As for the stickers, Graveyard Graphics is the place to go, and a fellow X owner and forum user; Creepy Cruiser is his name.

http://graveyardgraphics.com/xndecals.htm

I have a few stickers from him, and the customer service along with the whole order process is outstanding.

Tex Terra

Bought an X
Well I am back seeking advice from the nation.
While I wait for the poll concerning the paint scheme I wanna get some other stuff done.
Exhaust
Replacing any known weak points ( Tie rods, hubs, etc etc ) Need help and advice from you guys on this.
Maintenance ( Truck has 80,000 miles ) Should I just go ahead and do the 100,000 service ?
Off Road Lights
Armor ( Skid plates and sliders etc )

I would really appreciate any suggestions from you gents that have already been down this road.
If there are any weak points in the vehicle that are known to fail I will just replace them now with some heavier duty components.
As for armor Ive seen different vendors that offer skids and sliders ...wait time seems to be horribly long.
Any input on who makes the highest quality protection would be a big help.

Other than that pretty much any advice you guys could offer up would be greatly appreciated.

Plan for this truck is to go everywhere for FUN... MOAB, Xterra Meets, Trips to the beach and the Keys etc.

Thanks in advance for the input and please don't forget to voice your opinion on the poll I set up regarding the paint.

:sure:

Kirk_R

First Fill-Up (of many)
I would recommend the Idler Arm Brace (while you wait) I have the Calmini - for the money ($40) it's a solid investment and the Xterra's should have had one to begin with.
Another thing - I'm in the Fort Worth Area, and occasionally have the opportunity to travel to other areas of Texas. We have a great group of people here :) and I've met a few personally around Texas).

Your X looks great!!!

http://www.calmini.com/detail.php?b=1&m=1&t=10&p=435&n=

Last edited:

Tex Terra

Bought an X
I would recommend the Idler Arm Brace (while you wait) I have the Calmini - for the money ($40) it's a solid investment and the Xterra's should have had one to begin with.
Another thing - I'm in the Fort Worth Area, and occasionally have the opportunity to travel to other areas of Texas. We have a great group of people here :) and I've met a few personally around Texas).

Your X looks great!!!

http://www.calmini.com/detail.php?b=1&m=1&t=10&p=435&n=

Thanks brother. I'll go ahead and order that up now.
Good to hear there are some Texas guys out there. I'll meet up with ya sooner or later.
Thanks again! :)

Tex Terra

Bought an X
Gotz a question for ya Xterra junkies. Does any1 out there make a good upgrade to the stock X's hubs ??? Not manual tho.... If not then I'll just pick up a couple extra for when I wheel, along with some other extra parts like tie rods etc.

drbandkgb

Titan Swapped / SAS'd
Founding Member
Dude go total chaos for the brace.. I have messed with all three and by far the tc is the best

Tex Terra

Bought an X
Got my eyes on some expensive but oh so sweet goodies :happy:just waitin on the vendors to hit me back. Cant wait to see what the truck will look like after its all said and done lol pure Awesomeness!

ps: if your checkn out this thread pls pls pls dont forget to vote on the poll. Although gotta say I am liking what the votes so far are requesting.

Tex Terra

Bought an X
Just as a quick update on the project.
List of mods in the works: ( Will be done by off roady ready in SA while I am gone )

Removal of the rear sway bar.

Instal of the idler arm brace.

Remove the sagging headliner and replace the headliner cloth with bed liner.

The add on roof basket is too wide the way it sits. Will have it cut and re welded so that it fits more flush on the X's rack.

Paint job ( depending on Xterra Nations poll results )

and some hush hush goodies that I wont speak of until I reveal the finished product :)

Thanks guys