Rear hatch pocket prototype/GB

Raingler

Bought an X
Site Sponsor
Rear hatch pocket GB is ON/UPDATED 7/25

We will make a run of these due to request. UPDATE: this is the actual unit in pictures below. Ends July 31, 2014. We will start shipping this run of 10 next week. If we sell more, we will fill overage orders in early August.
We may not make these again so if you want one please get one during this GB $110 shipped (CONTUS)
PAYPAL offroadconcepts@gmail.com Put "XN GB" in notes and if you'd like a free decal too.

NOTE: Currently we have no plans to make more and will not be available through other outlets.

911329ec74796cf72e1220b78216227b.jpg

ac3ae5b040ca59caa10bb4a4eaf8d917.jpg

a41ca3ad5eaaecde5c3103e1771f609f.jpg

Install document coming soon, very easy 15 mins, no relocation of wiring or lines in our 2nd Gen. Includes stainless steel mounting screws.

Will work on both 1&2 Gen models.

Last edited:

Raingler

Bought an X
Site Sponsor
Sure, I'll get one mounted up in our BBB Xterra here in the next few days and add some images.
It's like as the prototype was but think grommets under the zipper edge

Raingler

Bought an X
Site Sponsor
Will have an install document up soon, but hopefully this shows what's the processIMG_3001.jpgIMG_3003.jpgIMG_3006.jpg
On our 14' the grommets were placed as to clear lines underneath. DO check your particular truck to make sure before you drill is all.
You could make an inner structure bracket if you wanted to carry more than a few lbs. That said; we did not design it for weight capacity, just ease of access to small and quickly needed items. I'll likely put tow strap, maps, gloves, flashlight and air lines and gauge in ours here.

metzican

Suspension Lift
I just noticed this thing has two zippers. is it a through pocket or has two internal pockets. I'm guessing through so one is when the door is down from the inside and one for when it is up from the outside.

This sounds like great storage for all my small air **** and other stuff that is overflowing those side pockets in the back of the X

Raingler

Bought an X
Site Sponsor
I just noticed this thing has two zippers. is it a through pocket or has two internal pockets. I'm guessing through so one is when the door is down from the inside and one for when it is up from the outside.

This sounds like great storage for all my small air **** and other stuff that is overflowing those side pockets in the back of the X

Exactly correct, you can access when open or closed or just to not have to pull stuff out to reach the things that worked their way down when bumping around.
I get asked about the cost versus quality alot. I keep noticing Raingler products being sold used, after years of use and they still look new. They also still have great resale value, not junked like cheaply made stuff out there. I figure it's better for us in customer service, the owner 's needs and cost of ownership and the planet. ( Off soapbox now) :)
This is seriously overbuilt, using codura, the best zippers, mesh and stainless screws for beach trips and salt protection too. It should last with proper care a long time (put your machetes in the case before stuffing them in the pocket!).

This idea can be done elsewhe inside if it's popular enough or someone just wants us to build it custom.