2015 Xterra confirmed with redesign?

drbandkgb

Titan Swapped / SAS'd
Founding Member
I was told by a Nissan engineer when I worked for them that they were looking to bring the small truck back..
I think these arrivals are a little off though... They make it Sound like it's going to be the d22 but it's not... The frame would be the only thing that is close to that.. And then it will be updated...

What you should get from this is that Nissan would like to go back to the small truck, that's all...

I still don't see them leaving the frontier mid size truck market.. With Chevy Toyota all dug in to it.. Nissan can drop off the map with no mid size

Dirthouse

Bought an X
It sounds like they're considering a 3 tier setup with the trucks. It'd be nice to bring the Datsun brand over and sell it as that.

Sent from my zombie apocalypse survival bunker

TJTJ

Skid Plates
Founding Member
I had a nightmare that we got this:

1_large.jpg

:weep:

The concept is called Terra, and, that might mean we have the EX-Terra.

Muadeeb

Nissan al Gaib
Admin
Concepts are meant to be hyper-modern. I like the theory of the Terra, but not the styling for an off road vehicle.

rolling rock

First Fill-Up (of many)
BH Has a 12 ford escape. Last year before the redesign. She HATES the new ones. I will confess, all tho not a true off roader, i have driven it several times and do like it. Had it out once in a snow storm. Unstopabble. I like the size also.​

Photo0080.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Dirthouse

Bought an X
d5dd46db1a39c30d7eda5ad5913c1123.jpg

I found this photoshopped Navara online... It's a sincere hope that this is not what Nissan has planned for the next Xterra, but it would have made a really nice Pathfinder.

Sent via NSA satellite USDOD-1322

ryandavenport

First Fill-Up (of many)
For a Rogue or Pathfinder(that should be named something else). That thing looks like the sissified hippie love child of the Xterra and Rogue.

I don't understand the bitter feelings around the redesigning of the Pathfinder. Sure, it doesn't hold true to what Pathfinder has historically meant, but Nissan did it because it sells. Pathfinder sales are exponentially higher than they were in previous years because Nissan made a smart move. It isn't the move that I wanted, but it was the smartest move for Nissan. I think there is something to be said for smart moves and I can respect that. Now Nissan has a crossover in every segment, they have a midsize SUV and a large SUV. They are in a good place as far as models go. Unfortunately true SUVs just don't sell like they used to. Crossovers are the new hit.

Macland

Titan Swapped / SAS'd
Founding Member
Oh I don't fault them for it, I respect them for it as well. I don't have to like it though. I also think they made the smart move and will continue to do so to stay in business because that's what anyone would do. You don't go down with the ship in business, you right it.

Macland

Titan Swapped / SAS'd
Founding Member
I've got a friend living across the street from Nissan headquarters in Japan right now and she is a professional photographer. She went and took some pictures for my sake and they are awesome! Here's the link for the album and here are a few of the best pics. Hopefully the X-Trail is just that and not an Xterra replacement.

https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/chunkymoosephotography/sets/72157647927972763/

qJEDUJ

qJEDP3

qJEEnC

qLTdYu

quwU5t

qJEDUJ

quwTGe

qJEDMu

qJEEgq

pPXqWm

pPXqVQ