Jex Build

Ddog346

Bought an X
Welcome! I'm not sure if I made a build thread on here before or not sooo... Restart! I've got a 2001 Xterra SE 4x4. She's my first vehicle too. Her name? JEXterra, or Jex for short. Got her for free just under a year ago. I had quite a few plans made out to do last year but I ended up getting laid off and not having the money to afford mods. This is what I've got for now...

- Cut front bumper
- PlastiDip grill and gas door
- BedLined Roof Rack and basket
- Bedlined side steps
- Removed mud flaps
- New Alpine Headunit and Speakers
- Paracord wrapped Oh Sh!t handles
- Blue LED dome lights
- Clear headlight housings

But now the mod bug has gotten every part of me, and I've started a new job, so here come the mods! This is my plans within the next month or so (weather dependent here in New England)...
Suspension/Tires
- PML with shackles from 4x4Parts
- 32" Treadwright Guard Dogs
- Paint stock rims flat black
Transmission/Under-The-Hood
- Move Diff breather (long story behind that one, lets just say a puddle became a lake basically)
- Intake???
- Resonator Removal Mod
- Aero Turbine Muffler
Exterior
- Custom made D-Ring mounts for front
Interior
- Install my Cobra 29 LX LE cb radio and Firestik (Roof rack mounted)
- 10" MTX subwoofer and amp
Lighting
- LED swap all exterior lighting
- DigiDiodes Fog Lights (custom mount in factory postion)

I'm really hoping to get all these done by the end of summer the LATEST, although it will be tough only being in 11th Grade. But hey, age hasn't stopped me from other projects! And now... PICTURES! haha

H
eres the most recent pic of Jex, right before I flooded her Diffs... All fixed now of course haha :D

ColorTouch_zpsef579ac3.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]
My X along side my buddy's 1991 Jeep Comanche Eliminator. That thing sounds pretty badass!
Rear_zps36845e35.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Reppin' Creepy in the back, plan on much more from him soon!

0304141653a_zpsbe1cd7bd.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Paracord wrapped Oh Sh!t handles. and might I say, my phone takes some nice pics

NewRadio_zps87373807.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Here's the new Alpine head unit. Nice, clean install thanks to my Brother's help
image_zps54e7c59c.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]
Blurry, but this is the CB I got. $150 Cobra for a amazing $20 bucks from my trucking buddy

Plan on seeing updates soon, I'm trail riding almost every weekend so theres plenty of fun things coming! Enjoy

Last edited:

Ddog346

Bought an X
So I've continued to think, and I can't seem to decide between K&N CAI, Volant CAI, or the K&N Apollo? I plan on a snorkel in the future, but i want an upgraded intake. Opinions?

Roadwarrior

Titan Swapped / SAS'd
Founding Member
If you are doing a snorkel, Apollo or stock is the only way to go. The others will be too much of a hassle to connect your snorkel too.

Sent from space and stuff

Ddog346

Bought an X
So after some serious budgeting, I finally ordered my subs! Dual 12" Sound Ordnance subs with a Sound Ordnance 2250 amp, gonna sound sweet!

Ddog346

Bought an X
So after a couple weeks now of waiting out a couple things, I've gotten success! Went out and bought the K&N drop-in filter and did the resonator removal mod to help my intake. Also, I received my PML shackles last week! Man are they big compared to stock..
0429141132_zpsabc7b769.jpg

Should have these installed within the next couple weeks!

I also installed my subwoofers! No pics of them in the X (isn't much of a set up anyways), but heres one of them right after I got them out of the box..