The Great Post Whore Society 4 - dead men tell no tales

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edodrian

Lockers Installed
Supporting Member
I really want to keep the stock shifters just because of the feel. Though the shifter of the trans will be much tighter feeling than the Nissan one.

Prime

Shut up Baby, I know it!
Admin
For me that's the one downside to the stock transmission. The shifter is sloppy as hell. Well, that and only one OD.

I think the ideal endgame is going to be reusing the stock transmission and transfer case though. The transmission can take the abuse. I'm confident in that. And to have everything lined up and the existing speedo and other wires work, might just alleviate some of the headache.

OffRdX

Lockers Installed
32addc0fcfad0c6b2bebc3796f24e4ee.jpg

Chris! How's the sandbox treating you?

It's not the most fun I've ever had in a foreign port. There isn't much to do or see. At least there's a base though so I'm able to just go hang out, eat, use wifi. I was able to buy a bunch of stuff that I didn't have room to pack which is nice.

Ordered front and rear bumpers and aluminum corners from the InSain Fab group buy with my tax return so that was awesome.

TheFauxFox

Titan Swapped / SAS'd
Founding Member
I am in constant fear for my life when I'm in truck with my boss. He does everything but focus on driving.

We used to joke about my old boss and his driving habits. We'd make comments like, "[Boss' Name], anywhere in Nashville in 15min or your money baack," or "Speed Limit signs are multiplied by two when viewed through this windshield."

TheFauxFox

Titan Swapped / SAS'd
Founding Member
I'm in a pickle.

Do I spend $300 on materials, $80 on gas, and spend time (8 hours+) with two friends and a welder to build sliders, but have the satisfaction of doing it myself. OR jump in on the P&P sliders?

TheFauxFox

Titan Swapped / SAS'd
Founding Member
I'm still shopping around. The local steel company is awesome, but they do mostly industrial stuff, so DOM would be a special order for them (really any tubing). This means I have to have it shipped, and that ain't cheap in 8ft increments. Not to mention P&P's comes with hardware, can be powdered, and has a larger OD step. GOSSSHHHH YOU.

Status
Not open for further replies.