caseycamby's Build Thread

TJTJ

Skid Plates
Founding Member

If "not yet" = "soon" I'd like to know ASAP, as I'm doing suspension and steering on the new (to me 2004) X I just started, and I will either swap on the calmini steering stuff from the 2001, or, do something new.

P&P

Need Bigger Tires
Site Sponsor
If "not yet" = "soon" I'd like to know ASAP, as I'm doing suspension and steering on the new (to me 2004) X I just started, and I will either swap on the calmini steering stuff from the 2001, or, do something new.

Not yet does mean soon.

In particular by soon I mean specifically heim joint inner/outer TRE's/adjuster setups nearly immediately.

Parts are ordered and I'm currently at the behest of the supplier/fed ex.

HOPEFULLY I get them in this week so I can make a setup for my truck to take out next weekend and beat on.

ASSuming that all goes well, we have talked with Casey about a set for his truck and I should have enough stock for 1 more complete set after that.

On the centerlink why I said "not yet' above was I do not want to fabricate a centerlink from scratch.....yet.

What I want to do is something in between a grassroots motorsports setup and TC. I want to utilize the factory centerlink, by adding spherical bearings in place of the factory ball joint ends, but taking it a step farther and adding a bracket & gusset to place the coupling hardware between the center link and the TRE's in double sheer.

Also for BOTH setups there would be no necessary modifications to the idler/pitman arms or spindles the way there would need to be with the grassroots setup or your typical heim joint setup as I will be using studs that have the spindle taper included on 1 end. Complete bolt on integration.

These parts will come shortly after we move into our new shop come the 1st of November. Hopefully within a few weeks of moving and getting setup over there We are pretty swamped with current product and getting ready to move until then.

Last edited:

TJTJ

Skid Plates
Founding Member
Not yet does mean soon.

In particular by soon I mean specifically heim joint inner/outer TRE's/adjuster setups nearly immediately.

Parts are ordered and I'm currently at the behest of the supplier/fed ex.

HOPEFULLY I get them in this week so I can make a setup for my truck to take out next weekend and beat on.

ASSuming that all goes well, we have talked with Casey about a set for his truck and I should have enough stock for 1 more complete set after that.

On the centerlink why I said "not yet' above was I do not want to fabricate a centerlink from scratch.....yet.

What I want to do is something in between a grassroots motorsports setup and TC. I want to utilize the factory centerlink, by adding spherical bearings in place of the factory ball joint ends, but taking it a step farther and adding a bracket & gusset to place the coupling hardware between the center link and the TRE's in double sheer.

Also for BOTH setups there would be no necessary modifications to the idler/pitman arms or spindles the way there would need to be with the grassroots setup or your typical heim joint setup as I will be using studs that have the spindle taper included on 1 end. Complete bolt on integration.

These parts will come shortly after we move into our new shop come the 1st of November. Hopefully within a few weeks of moving and getting setup over there We are pretty swamped with current product and getting ready to move until then.

I like the cut of your jib

caseycamby

Suspension Lift
Mmm... Moar LEDs! What could I possibly be doing with 3 of these??

2E1BA782-A375-4E44-9722-5B827A45E0D2_zps0paiic8h.jpg

Last edited:

Roadwarrior

Titan Swapped / SAS'd
Founding Member
So.. Cough, cough, wanna meet up soon (I need to find out if the Salvage yard near you has the front end of an X..) and if they do help me pull it off and reinstall the new one?

caseycamby

Suspension Lift
So.. Cough, cough, wanna meet up soon (I need to find out if the Salvage yard near you has the front end of an X..) and if they do help me pull it off and reinstall the new one?

I won't be able to at all this week or Monday and Tuesday of next week but after that I should be good.. Are you gonna call the junkyards first?

caseycamby

Suspension Lift
I've wanted to do this since I saw an X at nXm3 with it. I just recently saw that Raptor Mod thread and it reminded me and made me pull the trigger haha

Edodrian

Lockers Installed
Supporting Member
Oh yeah.. I got this too..

E51DB6DB-BD9D-4712-A251-2F32019B915C_zpsbqk0xk7i.jpg

It's been awhile and I haven't tore my old one out yet... How do these wires hook up?

C99C417A-9F62-42F1-977C-3A751A1EAC69_zpsjuqchs9h.jpg
Awesome!

Most of the wires are marked.

Yellow 12v constant
Red 12v ign
Black is ground
One yellow is the ATT wire (volume cut) it's the smaller one
Green is for the parking brake switch
Orange is illumination
Idk about that purpleish one.
The rest are the same.