MadMike's new Rubi

MadMike

First Fill-Up (of many)
Alright, after spending a couple hours cleaning all my tool after working in the rain, I was able to snap an after photo to post up for everyone to see.

Before
JeepBefore_zpsf745661e.jpg

After
DSC_2709_zpsc508f0cf.jpg

Starting measurement was 36" from the ground to the bottom of the fender for both front and rear with an after measurement of about 39" for each, so about 3" initial lift (although I expect it to settle a bit).

MadMike

First Fill-Up (of many)
Got a hell of a deal on a set of Goodyear MT/R on Craigslist, so new to me meats installed this afternoon (285/70r17) and after selling the stock tires and the free set of wheels I got with the tires I bought, I will probably come out pretty close to even on the whole thing.

IMAG0041_zpsb1a3cc21.jpg

Last edited:

MadMike

First Fill-Up (of many)
Was planning on waiting for a bumpr, but then I was able to sell some stuff on Craigslist so I figured what the hell. Funny thing is the guy who sold me the bumper is the guy who bought my X from the dealer, turns out he works at a truck topper shop down the street that also sells Smittybilt bumpers.

Sent from my SM-T210R using Tapatalk 4

drbandkgb

Titan Swapped / SAS'd
Founding Member
Was planning on waiting for a bumpr, but then I was able to sell some stuff on Craigslist so I figured what the hell. Funny thing is the guy who sold me the bumper is the guy who bought my X from the dealer, turns out he works at a truck topper shop down the street that also sells Smittybilt bumpers.

Sent from my SM-T210R using Tapatalk 4

I sold my last jeep and bought my Stan build all in craigslist The guy I bought the Xterra from bought a jk. I felt like it was a full circle

MadMike

First Fill-Up (of many)
Haven't updated this in a while. Last weekend I got a new set of meats installed (295/70r17 Trail Grapplers) and put the soft top on for the summer. Other than that I plan on doing a few minor maintenance type things this weekend, as well as a few minor exterior mods, to get ready for the wheeling season. Plan on posting some pics tomorrow after I get everything done :).

MadMike

First Fill-Up (of many)
MOAR pics, woooo!!

With our Jeep powers combined, we have....Christmas colors, bwahahaha!

Oh Mel, you always know just the right thing to say ;).

Unfortunately between the crap weather we're having right now and the fact I have to work today, we'll have to see how much I ACTUALLY get accomplished on the Jeep today.

MadMike

First Fill-Up (of many)
Relocated the cb antenna and mounted the hi-lift on my front bumper and I figured since the weather cleared up I decided it was a good time for a wash.

8D613380-34EE-4860-9EEA-B1059EA3C961_zpsossszupi.jpg

517BA6CD-EFA3-4E70-814A-9A7D801B41BA_zpseacnmznx.jpg

Also finally was able to get the stickers from my secret Xer on there as well:
1BA9AD83-38CE-4C68-8624-5C96EB6E15F5_zpspdclxvyp.jpg

gorillamel

Lockers Installed
Founding Member
I approve!

Let me know how you like your CB antenna at the hood vs before. I was considering that as an option, too.

I also really like your soft top. Which brand is it and how do you like it?

MadMike

First Fill-Up (of many)
I'm hoping the cb will work well in the new location. The problem I was having with the tire carrier mount is that the wires went through a pinch point so my coax and ground got tore up. As for the soft top it is a Bestop Trektop NX and it is awesome, the side windows and back zip off so you can ride around with just the safari top when the weather is nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MadMike

First Fill-Up (of many)
The funny thing is I'm pretty sure noise is less with the top and doors off than it is with the top on and windows down.

gorillamel

Lockers Installed
Founding Member
I'm hoping the cb will work well in the new location. The problem I was having with the tire carrier mount is that the wires went through a pinch point so my coax and ground got tore up. As for the soft top it is a Bestop Trektop NX and it is awesome, the side windows and back zip off so you can ride around with just the safari top when the weather is nice.

Oooo ok thanks! I'll have to add the Bestop to my list of stuff to get for the Jeep. It looks awesome on yours. :)

Sent from my BNTV400 using Tapatalk

MadMike

First Fill-Up (of many)
I never thought I'd say this, but...that's a good looking Jeep.

...and now that's on the internet forever. Great.

Don't worry, I won't tell anyone ;)

Oooo ok thanks! I'll have to add the Bestop to my list of stuff to get for the Jeep. It looks awesome on yours. :)

Sent from my BNTV400 using Tapatalk

Do it! It is a great mod to have during the summer months. Keep an eye out on 4 wheel parts, when I bought mine I was able to get a $75 gift card AND it was on sale :bmmd:.

drbandkgb

Titan Swapped / SAS'd
Founding Member
Looks like an upgrade to me buddy.. Sorry to hear about this though.. I have had these same issues in the past