Mini How To: Running coaxial cable from hatch to driver

Macland

Titan Swapped / SAS'd
Founding Member
Another mini how to for those of us new to this type of mod. If you're like me then you might lack the confidence at times to take that first step without a little guidance.

This mod is contingent on having your CB antenna mounted somewhere on your roof.

I have a mount made by Xoskel that goes with my dephep rack.

2013-03-13_22-31-56_976_zps45664c87.jpg

Start out by locating the grommet that the third brake light uses...

2013-03-16_16-31-21_610_zpsa23355fb.jpg

Make a straight incision large enough to got the coaxial cable through...

2013-03-16_16-50-16_322_zps4e8ba3ab.jpg

Pull the panel near the hatch and rear side window back, I used a flat head screw driver to pry this back, there are two clips holding the grey piece on and another clip for the lower darker grey piece.

2013-03-16_16-50-28_713_zpse6d48a3e.jpg

There is a larger hole near the window where you can feed the coaxial cable, feed the cable through until you have enough to run up to your mount and then attach your cable and pull until you only have a slight amount of slack.

2013-03-16_16-52-12_370_zps33512b5c.jpg

I pulled mine a little tighter than this after I took the picture.

Run the coaxial cable along the top of the headliner, taking the metal hook out makes it easier to run along the window. Run the cable behind the panel at the seat, I didn't have to pull the panel out. Then run the cable along the door seal and the headliner, down the seal until you meet the panel behind the driver seat.

2013-03-16_17-06-50_143_zpse24b2ad5.jpg

I was able to pull the panel at the floor back enough to run it through and then across under my weather tech floor mat to the side of the driver chair. I ran the cable next to the shifter and pulled it around to the cubby hole under the radio.

2013-03-16_17-13-16_872_zpse51387e3.jpg

Airmapper

First Fill-Up (of many)
Nice. I like the Xoskel rack mount, might try something like that when I get a Dephep. Was he drunk when he got to that right side upper hole? (I kid, I have similar goofs on mine.)

Clean routing of the cable was a lot easier than I imagined when I did it. I came out by the base of the back seat, under the carpet to the center console.

Macland

Titan Swapped / SAS'd
Founding Member
Actually he said his air compressor burned up when he was doing this so I think he had some difficulties making it that he wouldn't have on a luckier day.

Running the cable definitely was easier than I thought it would be. The hardest part is getting started. Making that first cut.