Jack Stilts' Build - 2002 ABT (Armored Baby Transport)

caseycamby

Suspension Lift
Congrats on the little one! Hope all goes well.

Good looking company car!

And you say you'll be done but... Will you really be done? ;) you'll just find more stuff you didn't know you needed haha

ramiromunoz

Test Drive
Jack Stilts' Build - The Terradactyl

Congratulations Brian to you and your fiancée.
Edit: Sorry bud for the wrong spelling (fiancé), no disrespect.

Ramiro

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

xterraaddict

Test Drive
Congratulations and awesome looking X man! Where are you located at in Michigan?! I'm from Jackson and go to school up at Northern Michigan University in Marquette in the good ole U.P! I got my '02 X this past December and have been slowly but surely getting stuff done! I want to get even more stuff done seeing how far yours has come along (mines silver too!)! :D

Jack Stilts

Skid Plates
Congratulations and awesome looking X man! Where are you located at in Michigan?! I'm from Jackson and go to school up at Northern Michigan University in Marquette in the good ole U.P! I got my '02 X this past December and have been slowly but surely getting stuff done! I want to get even more stuff done seeing how far yours has come along (mines silver too!)! :D

Awesome! I actually almost atttended NMU years ago. Love that area :) I'll keep an eye out for your X, but I probably won't be in mine... :(

Uhhhhh ohhhh. Papa Brian Rollin in

They've been callin' me that for years. This ain't any different ;)

Jack Stilts

Skid Plates
Got to work over the week to get this thing baby-ready. Can't wait to have an armored baby transport over the winter.

Swapped a new alternator and new battery in, got the master cylinder replaced, and picked up a Thule skybox. I was bummed to not make it out to WENT this year, but there's always next year ;)

Made a few trips to the upper peninsula over the last month for work, and I never want to leave. It's magical.
Heading to western New York for a little cabin getaway soon. Probably not taking the X, but it should be a great last trip for the wife and I before the little squirt arrives!

IMG_20150921_190812_zpsztf7qkid.jpg

IMG_20150930_161139_hdr_zpsubgnyfrg.jpg

IMG_20150919_172146_hdr_zpssisqqfpq.jpg

Jack Stilts

Skid Plates
It's been a crazy month with the Xterra, trying to diagnose my alternator vs. battery issue. Finally caved and took it to the shop. They found an "internally damaged alternator harness." Never would have found that on my own. Also had the master cylinder replaced and they informed me that I should do my rear brakes soon.

It's good to be driving the old truck again. I was getting a little too comfy & spoiled in new company cars ;) Really, I missed the squeaks and rattles and speed of a rotting watermelon. Good to have it back on the road.

Jack Stilts

Skid Plates
Thanks everyone! Means a lot :)

Got a few small projects going on, and put some things in motion for spring / summer 2016 trips. A general re-organization and revised overall strategy. With the new family addition, I had been focusing on keeping the X through the end of 2016 and replacing it with a different vehicle after that. A bigger vehicle to transport everyone and everything; I have big plans for a 3rd Gen Pathfinder R51. It has all room I need with the moderate aftermarket support. I was torn between that and a Frontier, but I'm partial to purpose-built SUVs.

Anyway, I was focusing too heavily on considering the Xterra "done" and mentally building the Pathfinder. But there is still a whole year to look forward to, and I can definitely make it work with some minor changes to the build - focusing on creature comforts and different ways to utilize the vehicle.

Will post pictures and updates soon!

drbandkgb

Titan Swapped / SAS'd
Founding Member
I don't think there is a huge difference in mpg.
The v8 or 4.0
You can have a p4x frontier with out one too ;-) ImageUploadedByTapatalk1450757657.543717.jpg
Mine :)