Jconway23's 2011 Pro-4x Build Thread

jconway23

Bought an X
Just figured I would post up my build thread here as well. I've been in and out of the Xterra world for some time now. I had an 04 Solar Yellow but finally got a newer X. I didn't go to crazy with mods on the old one. And I plan to take it slow with this one as well for now. But anyway here is what my X is so far.

Username: Jconway23
Year: 2011
Make: Nissan
Model: Xterra
Trim: Pro-4x
Color: Super Black

Took a quick cell phone photo when I got home from work yesterday (12/21)
xterrapro-4x_zps9d3dd474.jpg

Shot of the passenger seat.
DSC_2249_zps5b3c0ad3.jpg

Floor Mats.
DSC_2248_zps75c2b66e.jpg

White Faces.
DSC_2247_zps7b1a1d01.jpg

Snow photo from 12/29/12 - Got about 6 or 7 inches of snow. This was the beginning of the storm. (Driveway shot)
xterrasnow_zpsab06fa19.jpg

Took a few shots on lunch today. It was somewhat clean yesterday. Today...."Road Salted White" For those familiar with the Poconos. This is Lake Wallenpaupack. Not sure how its considered the Poconos but it is.

DSC_2269_zps7aa8a45c.jpg

DSC_2267_zpsf16a4a81.jpg

Finally got my other fog replaced! Here is a crappy shot of the lights!
DSC_2334_zps84e5a0e7.jpg

Interior Mods:
*Pro-4x Embroidered Floor Mats*
*Pro-4x Embroidered Leather Seats*
*SuperBrightLed's for Map, Dome, and Cargo Lights*
*MagLite Mount in Rear Cargo Area*
*BAFX Products (ELM 327) Bluetooth OBD2 Scan Tool - Torque Android App* (Not really a mod but a cool toy)
*RamMount X-Grip Cell Phone Mount* *Parts List - X-Grip, RamMount Flex Arm, SnapLink Ball - Total Cost around $34 bucks*
*Nissan Sliding Cargo Area Divider*

Exterior Mods:
*15% Window Tint on all windows (My First Mod)*
*Mud Flaps Removed*
*DDM Tuning LED's for License Plate and Reverse Lights*
*Yakima Basketcase Roof Rack*
*Curt Class III Receiver*
*Nissan OEM Window Vent Visors*
*Nissan OEM Bug Deflector*

Lighting:
*DDM Tuning HID Kit for Head Lights (8000K)*
*DDM Tuning HID Kit for Fog Lights (8000K)*
*DDM Tuning HID Kit for Off Road Lights (8000K)*

Tires/Suspension:
*BFG Rugged Terrain T/A 265/75/16*

Engine/Exhaust:
*K&N Drop-in Air Filter*

Future Mods:
*DepHep Roof Rack*
*Wheel Spacers*
*Some type of Rock Sliders*
*CAI*

Last edited:

gorillamel

Lockers Installed
Founding Member
I've always been jealous of those with the white-faced gauges. Too bad Nissan did not implement it in the earlier style of Gen 2's. And I'm just too lazy to change mine out, haha!

Good start to a build. I'd like to see the before and after pics once you convert your lights to HIDs. :)

jconway23

Bought an X
Yeah I'll post up some photos. Once I get them. I ordered from DDM tuning and they are actually being shipped from China. I forgot this when I ordered last time and they took some time to get here. Plus I don't have a garage and its dam cold out here in PA.

jconway23

Bought an X
Are you gonna use your stock headlights for the HIDs or going with Heuss's projectors?

Gonna stay stock for now at least. I ran them in my 04 and never really had an issue with people thinking they were to bright. However if thats not the case with these headlights I will do what I need to change them out. Its quick to go back to stock bulbs if I had to. I would love to get projectors though. However my GF has a subaru with projectors and I think they are way more brighten then my X was.

Last edited:

jconway23

Bought an X
And the interior shots are from the other forum. Someone asked me to post some shots of the interior cause they never saw it I guess.

dhyde79

Titan Swapped / SAS'd
Founding Member
Gonna stay stock for now at least. I ran them in my 04 and never really had an issue with people thinking they were to bright. However if thats not the case with these headlights I will do what I need to change them out. Its quick to go back to stock bulbs if I had to. I would love to get projectors though. However my GF has a subaru with projectors and I think they are way more brighten then my X was.

bank on getting projector housings, the pro4x housings are quite a bit brighter than the stock X housing, and, there's always legality to keep in mind. Without a proper projector setup, HID's are **NEVER** legal, especially the chinese retrofit kits. I'm looking for a nice set of HID projector housings for mine currently, then I'll go to some obscenely bright HID's too ;) as is, I use my Hella 500's to augment for longer distance vision when on lonely backroads on road trips ;)

jconway23

Bought an X
Yeah I like the Projectors anyway so it wouldn't be a bad thing for me. Its funny you posted about this today. I was on my way to work this morning and three people flashed me this morning. Stock bulbs still. And probably dirty lenses from the crappy roads here in NEPA.

dhyde79

Titan Swapped / SAS'd
Founding Member
Yeah I like the Projectors anyway so it wouldn't be a bad thing for me. Its funny you posted about this today. I was on my way to work this morning and three people flashed me this morning. Stock bulbs still. And probably dirty lenses from the crappy roads here in NEPA.

Yup, I get flashed constantly with stock bulbs on everything except fogs...

jconway23

Bought an X
Added a photo of my HID's. Was missing a foglight due to a bad part the first time. Shipping from China takes forever. LoL I'll try and get some night shots one of these days.

jconway23

Bought an X
A few poser shots I recently took. Had some snow days off from work (I work at a school) and I got bored. LoL

All cleaned up before the last snow storm here in the North East
DSC_2395_zps72106b19.jpg

Next two shots are from today 2/11. I wanted to go for a better ride but the last time I was where I was there wasn't a gate blocking the road. So I just did some mild wheeling for a little bit. I was by myself anyway so I guess it was a good thing. I did finally test out the Hill Decent in my X. Surprised at how good it works.

DSC_2398_zps72965662.jpg

DSC_2401_zpsba0e418e.jpg