ebay snorkel mod

ff x

Bought an X
This won't nessesarily be a step by step how to because it really is pretty easy to instal with the supplied template. I will show you how I did mine though. It arrived very well packaged and undamaged. The seller is very good about keeping you informed and it shipped very fast from Malasyia 4-5 work days.
1119021048.jpg

1119021049.jpg

1119021050.jpg

1119021050a.jpg

downsized_1119021051.jpg

It appears to be made from the exact same molds as the safari snorkel just from fiberglass rather than plastic. It is very well made and really looks high quality. From the outside I really doubt you could tell the difference.

ff x

Bought an X
First step was to tape the fender to prevent scratches. Then I put the template in place.
1119021217.jpg

I got it positioned the way I wanted it. Didn't really takealot of measurements just got it to contour to the fender and A pillar well. Also, make sure the door opens and shuts correctly. Then mark your holes.
1119021326.jpg

ff x

Bought an X
Forgot to mention if you havent removed your resonators from the inside of the fender do that before you start. Also, check for obstructions behind the fender. I had none. So, next drill your holes. Be careful with the hole saw. It slipped on me and put a nice little nick in the fender lol.
1119021406.jpg

Test fit the snorkel. It fit well for me. All the holes lined up. The template is spot on.
downsized_1119021359.jpg

1119021359a.jpg

Last edited:

ff x

Bought an X
The only modifications I had to make were to the mounting bracket for the A pillar. It comes bent in an L shape. I straightened it and put afew bends in it to contour to the pillar more.
1119021358.jpg

Then I put a small plastic spacer between the fender and the top mounting point. There is a small gap there. Approximatly 1/2 inch.
1119021530.jpg

Last edited:

ff x

Bought an X
Finally your ready to do the final mounting. Remove your tape from the fender. Place the snorkel back in place and tighten all the bolts. For the A pillar mounting point the bracket has 3 holes. When I pulled the weather stripping back I found a screw the lined up with one of the holes in my bracket. So, I got a longer sheetmetal screw and mounted it to that hole. I did not drill anymore holes. The one mounting point seems solid enough. I could shake the truck by the snorkel without it moving so, I think its fine.
1119021529a.jpg

1119021635.jpg

So, there you go. I'm very happy with the product and no real complaints about it. Its definetly a good choice if you don't want to spend 400 bucks. I havent had time to plumb it yet but when I do I'll update the thread. Thanks, hope this helps you guys out.

Last edited:

ff x

Bought an X
Sweet!
Do you have a contact email for him. You should ask if he could make one for the 2nd gen. He would make a ton of sales on them.
I don't think he makes them. Pretty sure he is just a distributor. The reason this worked on the x is because it is made for the Navarre which has basically the sme fender design. There isnt anything overseas with the 2nd gen fender shape that I know of. I'll see if I have his email though.

Xado89

Skid Plates
Looks solid man, every time I see one of these I keep changing my mind between sucking it up and blowing the cash or doing the DIY one for 40 bucks. Still not sure yet. There isn't a performance difference between the two, is there? Just looks? -Nub Question-

ff x

Bought an X
oh pft lol figured that was just part of the installation :D thanks for making me feel stupid tucker thanks.
Yeah, what roadwarrior said. I only had time to mount it up yesterday. One of the pieces they send with the kit will probly work. Then its just a matter of going from there and mating it to the airbox. It will be next week before I get to mess with it.

Big_THanks

Wheeling
Founding Member
I just ordered one for myself. Thanks man please post pics of the plumbing when you get it done so I can have help. Any install tips will be good too.

Awesome find!!!!

ff x

Bought an X
I just ordered one for myself. Thanks man please post pics of the plumbing when you get it done so I can have help. Any install tips will be good too.

Awesome find!!!!
Yeah man, no problem. Like I said the basic instal was easy really. That template helps alot. Let me know if you have any questions when you get it.

Last edited:

Diadaga

Suspension Lift
Founding Member
Dave I got job for you if you got the spare time and don't mind. If you have the template from yours can you check it out on the wife's X see if it lines up and will work.

civicjoe

lone wolf mod
Founding Member
pretty certain the intake hole in the 2nd gen fender is closer to the front of the truck than the middle of the fender, and 2nd gens are bigger and the angle of the window may also differ. you may or may not have luck tracking down a 2nd gen navara snorkel that may or may not work. if you have 2 bills to blow and can make it work then awesome and share with the group. i know its a punch for 4 bills but at least you know it will work.

Diadaga

Suspension Lift
Founding Member
I didn't figure it would but if it saves 2 bills with little to no work then its a definite possibility. Which is why I was hoping Dave still had his template.