Truck Bed Air mattresses

gorillamel

Lockers Installed
Founding Member
So I've been playing the idea around in my head about getting an air mattress for the rear cargo/seats area of the X. Has anyone ever bought the truck bed-type of air mattress for theirs? If so, what size and brand did you get and how do you like it?

I am referring to something like this: TruckBedz Weekender Series, etc.

Diadaga

Suspension Lift
Founding Member
I've used a normal air mattress from Walmart, it worked pretty well. I think the best idea I've seen so far was Mac's he had a big piece of thick bedding type foam.

civicjoe

lone wolf mod
Founding Member
just do like macland did and cut up a memory foam
BeccaXBed.jpg

probably way more comfortable than and air mattress.
jmac hope youre cool with me using your photo if not you know how to fix it

gorillamel

Lockers Installed
Founding Member
^Yeah I have used that before. Thanks for reminding me. I'll have to go price it out. I kind of like the idea of the mattress since it is compact-ible.

How much did it cost you?

Diadaga

Suspension Lift
Founding Member
Thanks for posting that Joe, that's what I was thinking about but I wasn't a 100% sure it was Mac that had it.

Timrich

Super Duper Moderator
Founding Member
I think I'd go with the air mattress due to being able to deflate it and getting your cargo space back when not in use.

Macland

Titan Swapped / SAS'd
Founding Member
It came in right around $100 from Overstock.com check my build because I think I hyper linked it.

The thing I like most about it was that I cut it to size. The whole thing fits very well and the thing about the truck bed air mattresses is that they don't make one for the x. I also like not having to deal with airing it up or it deflating during the night. There's no risk of the foam one deflating but don't get it wet! It's just like a sponge if the water sits for very long.

The foam mattress does take up a lot of space though however it was awesome to just leave rolled out and pack like you normally would on top of it. This works well when it's just two people traveling.

And anyone can use my pictures, I don't mind showing of my trophy wife ;)

OKXterra

First Fill-Up (of many)
Founding Member
Mel, we have a truck bed air mattress for ours and it works pretty good and stores away really easily under the rear hatch. I'll have to check the brand and size when I get home this evening.

Macland

Titan Swapped / SAS'd
Founding Member
Mel, we have a truck bed air mattress for ours and it works pretty good and stores away really easily under the rear hatch. I'll have to check the brand and size when I get home this evening.

I looked really hard for one before I settled on the foam so I'm interested to know what worked for you.

gorillamel

Lockers Installed
Founding Member
Thanks!

I know Ive used one of the truck bed mattresses when I slept in a friend's X at a campout. I just do not remember the brand, but know it did fit perfectly and was very comfy.

GPD605X

Lockers Installed
Founding Member
I just used a full size air mattress from Wal-Mart. It's cheap, compact and pretty comfortable. May not be as comfortable as a memory foam mattress but it cost less than half the price.
You can't really see the actual mattress but this is how I rolled @ NXM2
2012-09-22_08-23-54_26_zpsbce44005.jpg

YouWatchHockey

Bought an X
VCSB T1 is the model number. It comes with a 12v Air pump and airs up in less than 2 min. It fits perfect and stores nicely in the rear floor cargo area. Its made for the Frontier but is perfect for the X! No more sleeping on hard floor mats!!! Enjoy!!!

20130112_190139.jpg

20130109_132109800x600_zps9d3c6409.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

gorillamel

Lockers Installed
Founding Member
Nice! Thanks for sharing.

I got the full size air mattress from Wal-Mart...and it did not work. F-er had a hole in it. FML. Thankfully I brought basically all my blankets and inflatable sleeping pad as well. Returned that crap back to Wally World. Next time I'll just get a quality product and pay a bit more for it.

YouWatchHockey

Bought an X
Nice! Thanks for sharing.

I got the full size air mattress from Wal-Mart...and it did not work. F-er had a hole in it. FML. Thankfully I brought basically all my blankets and inflatable sleeping pad as well. Returned that crap back to Wally World. Next time I'll just get a quality product and pay a bit more for it.

When buying anything from autoanything.com start a chat with them and tell them you are looking for a discount coupon before you checkout and they will give you a discount every time. I've got at least $10 off every time I have bought something from them and will beat anyones price if you tell them you found it on another site cheaper.

gorillamel

Lockers Installed
Founding Member
Huh, interesting. Thanks so much for letting me know. I'll definitely hit them up...once I have the funs to buy the mattress, haha.