Removed mud flaps
Cobra 29LX Chrome
OEM Seat Covers
Painted interior trim
Pioneer DEH-3400UB head unit
Tinted front windows
Removed step rails
BFGoodrich KM2 32x11.50x15s
15x7 Frontier Desert Runner wheels (Rustoleum Flat black)
Calmini Idler Arm Brace
Intake manifold spacer

To Do List:
Speakers
B&M Light Bar
VentVisors
VentVisor Bug Shield
Daystar Rocker Switch Panel (accessories TBD, PIAAs)
UCAs
HD Torsion Bars
SC Radiator w/ new mounts

How she sits today:

8450411647_f0a07f7497.jpg

9506788448_d76744dbfd_z.jpg

This is the day I test drove her:
6251539673_c3fb95b9b3_z.jpg

(Before):
6311084134_121b89ee42_z.jpg

(Before):
6311090096_07db97b018_z.jpg

Painted plastics:

6341635403_30cbd54c64_z.jpg

6847947822_8b7a16d8e1_z.jpg

6994071955_e0d81245c6_z.jpg

6848239912_28f75a8147_z.jpg

6994365731_703dc17523_z.jpg

OEM Neoprene seat covers:
6970735693_9b10ec39e0_b.jpg

Tinted Windows & Before PML:
6863074928_e2d1566263_b.jpg

After PML and steps removed:
7115368977_3ddf490c54_z.jpg

Desert Runners and KM2s:
6994575658_dce8185cba_b.jpg

Painted Rear Bumper & Caps:
7230591016_4675ec9767_c.jpg

7230704028_8310e4160a.jpg

Cobra 29LX CB
8572929512_5fcc084955.jpg

3ft FireStik (HD spring not pictured)
8374869532_d3ff23818c_c.jpg

PlastiDip'd the badges
9063038074_d1a5d409bc_z.jpg

9063033280_04089a8216_z.jpg

Last edited:

NismoFire

Titan Swapped / SAS'd
Founding Member
This winter will be 8 years. Working on my EMT, too. Should be done with it in May. I love it. Wouldn't trade it for anything in this world.

drbandkgb

Titan Swapped / SAS'd
Founding Member
Just let me know when your ready to attack some of those projects... and Id bump that tire size up some. Even when you do a PMl the stock size tire looks small... Then you add a BL and those 31s will look tiny... at min id do 32s.. Just food for thought...

NismoFire

Titan Swapped / SAS'd
Founding Member
Just let me know when your ready to attack some of those projects... and Id bump that tire size up some. Even when you do a PMl the stock size tire looks small... Then you add a BL and those 31s will look tiny... at min id do 32s.. Just food for thought...

I know there's a thread on CX on tire size, but what's the biggest that will fit without a lift or trimming fender wells?

I'm doing the tune up this weekend, and I'd like to try to paint my plastics while it's still warm.

drbandkgb

Titan Swapped / SAS'd
Founding Member
32" on stock rims.. Im guessing your running 16" rims.. We have a tire calculator in the Tire room..

If you were to buy 15" Rims you could save big time on tires too.. Metric is much higher vs Standard

Just food for thought

NismoFire

Titan Swapped / SAS'd
Founding Member
Hmm...I love the color of the wheels. Not so much the spoke pattern, though. I did a LITTLE work on it today, standby for pics in a new post.

NismoFire

Titan Swapped / SAS'd
Founding Member
So I did a little work on the brush guard today. I took the headlight protectors off entirely...

6313394969_fdc9fb3ae7_z.jpg

...then removed the wirey things in the centers and replaced them...

6313469309_e4fac57112_z.jpg

(sorry for the crooked pic, I had my back against a drill press)

I also found a spare fog light bulb and replaced it. I didn't get to O'Reilly today after work, so that will have to wait until tomorrow. That fog light outsmarted me and my dad, until I looked it up on CX. Let me just say, the owner's manual is great, but it SUCKS in telling you how to remove the fog light.

I also noticed this when I test drove it, then forgot about it, and noticed it again tonight after cleaning my windows- any ideas as to WHY this happened?

6313468221_86b81debfc_z.jpg

I think it's from road salt, but I'm not 100% on that. I've NEVER seen an X do that.

As you can see, I've been a busy girl today. I've managed to be off both days this weekend, so I hope to get the sway bar gone and pull the mudflaps off at the very least. Gonna take it to Smith Brothers and get the outside detailed real nice, if there's extra money after the tuneup.

NismoFire

Titan Swapped / SAS'd
Founding Member
I thought it looked burned, too, but it's remained stock. Guy never had any lights on it. I've got a body guy here in Smyrna that I know can fix it (and the quarter panel), but I'm not sure how long he'll want my truck for.

NismoFire

Titan Swapped / SAS'd
Founding Member
Oh, anyone have a cutting torch around here? I need to make a skid plate ASAP. I noticed this afternoon that I don't have one- AT ALL.

...and another thing. I cut those stupid rings off the exhaust pipe behind the tranny. No more paint can rattle while in first at redlights!!

RacerXXL

First Fill-Up (of many)
Founding Member
I also noticed this when I test drove it, then forgot about it, and noticed it again tonight after cleaning my windows- any ideas as to WHY this happened?

6313468221_86b81debfc_z.jpg

I think it's from road salt, but I'm not 100% on that. I've NEVER seen an X do that.

Looks like possibly the windshield was replaced at some point and they didn't get a good seal on the top when they reinstalled it. It's allowed water in and you have some corrosion now.

NismoFire

Titan Swapped / SAS'd
Founding Member
What happened there? Can you hammer it out from the inside?

Previous owner backed into it with his gf's Mazda 6. It's scratched pretty good. I could probably pop it out, but the scratches would still be there. Not sure how to put the plastic back on that clip, though. I just bought paint, but grabbed the wrong stuff, so it's back to Advanced for me...

RacerXXL

First Fill-Up (of many)
Founding Member
Previous owner backed into it with his gf's Mazda 6. It's scratched pretty good. I could probably pop it out, but the scratches would still be there. Not sure how to put the plastic back on that clip, though. I just bought paint, but grabbed the wrong stuff, so it's back to Advanced for me...

Need to pull off the whole panel in order to get it back over that retainer. It's held on by two bolts hidden by the hatch, three screws inside the wheel well, and one plastic re-usable rivet on the bottom rear. The plastic rivet will probably break but it's not that critical.

NismoFire

Titan Swapped / SAS'd
Founding Member
Well, I tried to install my VHF today, but I don't have a location that I like, so I've put it on the backburner until I can buy another head unit and double the CD player and VHF radio up in that double-din. I had to do that in my Pathfinder, too.

I've got all day tomorrow, so if any of the local crowd wants to help me paint my plastics, shoot me a text or a PM. Any and all guidance would be greatly appreciated.

drbandkgb

Titan Swapped / SAS'd
Founding Member
What time tomorrow? I may have a few hours after the game

Sent from my underground bunker in the middle of my mind

NismoFire

Titan Swapped / SAS'd
Founding Member
Not sure...the girlfriend wants to go shopping tomorrow afternoon, so I may have to nix my plans with that. She gets home from work in 30 minutes, so I'll see what the plan is then.

drbandkgb

Titan Swapped / SAS'd
Founding Member
I'm free furring the days if that helps any...

Sent from my underground bunker in the middle of my mind

NismoFire

Titan Swapped / SAS'd
Founding Member
Is it okay to text you on the supplied number? I work 7-3 M-F and have class in the Boro on Tu and Th nights, 6-9. Weekends are all I have, and Sunday is the only day me and the gf both have off together.

NismoFire

Titan Swapped / SAS'd
Founding Member
So the girlfriend and I did some pretty good work to the X today. I pulled out the cabin filters and found that they were FACTORY. Holy crap, been in there since Jan 16, 2002. Got a new set waiting on me to pick up tomorrow afternoon at AutoZone.

6321058000_3380564826_z.jpg

Took out the seats to clean up the carpets and try to shampoo the seats (fail on that part).

6320653391_1f94cdd1fa_z.jpg

This is why I removed the seats to begin with- all the DOG HAIR!

6321167476_e95dd0b6a9_z.jpg

I don't know what guy spilled in this seat, but damn if it won't come out with the Turtle Wax w/ Oxy Clean upholstery shampoo stuff.

6320540461_3773cfb62e_z.jpg

And last, the final result after removing the mud flaps.

6321134474_ba85b91487_z.jpg

On the way home, I let her drive around the industrial park near my parent's house....that was an adventure. She didn't do too bad, though. Got too frustrated with herself after 10 minutes, so we went home.

My goal is to get all my plastics painted before the Toys for Tots gathering at Newton Nissan. Unless I come up with an extra shift at work, I won't be able to run to Wooly's this time.

drbandkgb

Titan Swapped / SAS'd
Founding Member
Is it okay to text you on the supplied number? I work 7-3 M-F and have class in the Boro on Tu and Th nights, 6-9. Weekends are all I have, and Sunday is the only day me and the gf both have off together.

Yeah text me its cool...

NismoFire

Titan Swapped / SAS'd
Founding Member
Do you happen to have (or have access to) a plasma cutter? I need to fab a skid plate ASAP. We've got a welder, but nothing to cut steel with. I've already got the piece, too.

drbandkgb

Titan Swapped / SAS'd
Founding Member
I have about everything else but plasma... I wouldnt worry over it.. many of the stock plates fall off... You may post up about some one that has a old one.. many members switch too a shrock skid or skid row

NismoFire

Titan Swapped / SAS'd
Founding Member
Sounds good...oh, I found a 2000 X at Express Pull n Save in LaVergne today, and found 2-3 more somewhere in Madison near Neely's Bend area at a junk yard. I'm REALLY looking for some front seats, but finding an SE is like finding a needle in a haystack.

drbandkgb

Titan Swapped / SAS'd
Founding Member
Sounds good...oh, I found a 2000 X at Express Pull n Save in LaVergne today, and found 2-3 more somewhere in Madison near Neely's Bend area at a junk yard. I'm REALLY looking for some front seats, but finding an SE is like finding a needle in a haystack.

Was the one at Pull and save 4wd?

Im looking for some auto hubs