yellowbugs build (pic heavy)

yellowbug

First Fill-Up (of many)
Ok this has been along time coming now. So I will start with what I have done than want I want to do, with pics in the middle.

I have a 2" BL, PML, cb installed, home made light bar, IAB, and fully skidded with Skid Row Skid plates down the center, oh and a 3" diy snorkel.

IMG_20110705_155812.jpg

Stock

IMG_20110705_155818.jpg

My favorite sticker

IMG_20110925_191939-1.jpg

Switches for the light bar. I like them because it is clean but would like to do it higher next time.

IMG_20111201_071932-1.jpg

IMG_20111013_081754-1.jpg

CB install

IMG_20111003_114626-2.jpg

bent skid from coal creek run in october.

IMG_20111004_175455-1.jpg

after body lift

Last edited:

yellowbug

First Fill-Up (of many)
IMG_20120216_082636.jpg

Skids painted

CIMG0238.jpg

custom phone/gps mount

IMG_20111212_164001-1.jpg

Christmas time

IMG_20111218_162756-1.jpg

After the 3" DIY Snorkel

2012-05-25185439-1.jpg

Different wheels and tires

2012-06-02210301-1.jpg

Finally finished the pml

2012-06-0295211413.jpg

Trying to get a good pic

yellowbug

First Fill-Up (of many)
On the chopping block is sliders probably home made. Then I would like to do a sleeper winch or a front locker or LSD. I have not decided yet. The reason for that is i had to get winched out at Beasley Knob last weekend and didnt like it at all so I figure make it better. If I have to winch at least I will be the one doing the winching or if I have alocker or lsd than it will help.
I also want to get a beefier steering setup and UCAs.

After that I want to get front and rear bumpers. I am not sure yet if SAS is in the future but right now i like how it sits.
This is a 2 year plan right now, maybe shorter depends on life and how much the wife will let me do at one time, lol. Honestly she has really enjoyed off roading more than I thought she would. She has also been really supportive since coal creek in october where i ripped my stock front skid off at.

J Everett

Suspension Lift
Founding Member
That snork looks mean sticking straight up like that. Looks like the precleaner and intake for a tractor or dozer. That's killer.

yellowbug

First Fill-Up (of many)
Ok so last weekend I took the wife to beasley knob with people from gatailriders. I have three pics right now I will post more up this weekend.

KxEZz.jpg

cVWrX.jpg

daX7u.jpg

yellowbug

First Fill-Up (of many)
So here is the details leading up to this buy. Wife has a 05 Pontiac grand prix. Head gasket blew, when shopping all this week. The toss was inbetween a 03 yellow x, 03 Mazda tribute, 03 Pathy. Well from the photos we got the pathy. I am glad she got it because of the extras it has that the x didnt.

03 Nissan Pathfinder LE(R50) w/ VQ35DE 240 HP
All Leather (HOTTT!!!!!)
2WD (which I am ok with cause I have the X)
5 Disc CD changer
Tow Package.

All in all I like it for her. Tomarrow it will get a bath.

Here are the pics.

2012-06-30192241-1.jpg

Sun in the back ground is making it a whopping 104 degrees here

2012-06-30192258-1.jpg

Her first mod

2012-06-30192318-1.jpg

Oh and it has fake wood grain. Looks shanzy, LOL.

drbandkgb

Titan Swapped / SAS'd
Founding Member
Nice find man.. We were looking for a 2002-2007 pathy or 2005-2008 Xterra when we hit the Toyota..
The 3.5 is a nice motor

yellowbug

First Fill-Up (of many)
Thanks man. We like it a lot. I am very happy with it. The 3.5 has a lot more power than I thought, I want one in the x, just don't know if it will fit lol. I am going to learn about it like I have the 3.3. I am going to do a cai and I think it is time for new shocks. But I will pot the x a side for a while and get this tip top shape and then out is back to the x. So now my new list before nxm is

Sliders

Thats it. I know it has gotten shorter.

yellowbug

First Fill-Up (of many)
That is awesome,i will definitely let you know. It honestly will be around august early september. I want to get it on before nxm2

yellowbug

First Fill-Up (of many)
Ok here is an update. CB antenna installed pics to follow soon. I have been thinking and it is time for custom mirrors. I need a welder for what I want to do but I will do something else till then so lets hope I can get everything completed in two weeks. That is my goal.

yellowbug

First Fill-Up (of many)
No that would be cool but I would be afraid of breaking them again so I am going to make a plate to go where the existing ones are then attach a quick disconnect mirror there.

I this pic you can see the broken mirror

Truckandotherstuff107.jpg

yellowbug

First Fill-Up (of many)
Ok so went to prentice cooper saturday with my wife. Had any awesome time until the end. I burnt up my clutch so it is still at prentice cooper. My drive way is empty and my. My wife thinks me missing my truck is funny but the good news is I have a new clutch and will be putting it in thursday. Here is a pic of our last ride with the original clutch that had 178k on it

100MEDIA36IMAG0514.jpg

yellowbug

First Fill-Up (of many)
Thanks guys but I think we are going to have it back running by friday. So maybe we will make the woolys trip but I am not pushing it.

bigjim247365

Anime boobs & male genitals? Sign me up!
Supporting Member
not to be a sadist but, will there be pics of clutch gore? :)

also may your repairs be quick and as painless as possible.

yellowbug

First Fill-Up (of many)
Ok so clutch in and good to go last night. I will post pics of the clutch tomarrow. The clutch grabs better but feels loose at the pedal. Think its time for a new slave.

After it was running the women wanted to go camping and boy was it fun. Well needed trip after three days of repairs. Pics to follow.

yellowbug

First Fill-Up (of many)
So I still didn't take a pic of the old clutch I promise I will tomarrow. Here are some pics from the camping trip.

2012-08-18220708.jpg

2012-08-19101959.jpg
Crossed it at night was scarer

2012-08-19110458.jpg
swimming hole

2012-08-19114732.jpg

2012-08-19115039.jpg

2012-08-19120615.jpg
Flat rock

2012-08-19121031.jpg

2012-08-19130000.jpg

2012-08-19130107.jpg

Last edited:

bigjim247365

Anime boobs & male genitals? Sign me up!
Supporting Member
those are some awesome pics!!!
i love how your roof lights are all over the place, makes you X look like it has bed head lol. :D

yellowbug

First Fill-Up (of many)
Ok so here is the big update. Next Monday I will be taking off the 32 x 11.50 TSL SS and replacing with this

0701_4wd_01_z+cooper_discoverer_stt+side_view.jpg

They are Cooper Discovery Stt. The size will be in inch in all directions(story of my life, lol), 33x12.50.

Next the mirror idea is on hold for now I am trying to get an extra set of doors to cut and make for just trail riding, I want to cut them low so either person in the front can look out with out having to open the door or get on the seat. Make it easier and safer to clear obstacles. Then I will mount some quick disconnect mirrors to that so I can ride on the road like to NXM and stuff.

Speaking of NXM I am changing all fluids, spark plugs, wires, dis cap, rotor, fuel filter, and replacing the front differential input seal this weekend so I am ready. I think that is it for now. Oh I might be line x ing the cab also, that is a big maybe.

NXM here I come, HOPE YOUR READY, lol

The Chech

First Fill-Up (of many)
Good lord thats a lot of work to get done lol. And wow that's a really aggressive tire I wanna see some pics of those being put to use :D

AZhiAZiAM

Suspension Lift
dude you will love those tires.. for a mt they aren't noisy they wear fairly even make sure you keep up on your rotations though. its the same tire i run and they are sick! they look awesome too!

yellowbug

First Fill-Up (of many)
I am sure that there will be plenty of " in use pics" after nxm and as many times as I go out wheeling I'm sure I'll get some other good pics

A how many miles do you have on them?

yellowbug

First Fill-Up (of many)
Awesome. The Most I heard was 70k and the least was 22k so I want to be in the middle around 45ish

yellowbug

First Fill-Up (of many)
I normally run around 10 in the tsl's but each tire is different and I don't know how the cooper's react yet.