Bklyn.HD

Bklyn.X

Skid Plates
Supporting Member
Founding Member
DSC_0012.jpg

This is my 2001 Fatboy. I got it about four years ago from a friend who was stepping up to a custom. I've owned a few jap bikes and still like them but after I had kids I sold them. I always wanted a Harley so as the kids got older and this one can up for sale I figured WTF.
It has "Thunderheaders" and a quick release windshield, other than that it is stock.
I like the way it looks and sounds and love to ride it.

Last edited:

dhyde79

Titan Swapped / SAS'd
Founding Member
I'd love to get a bike, but my wife has expressly forbid it because she says she wants me to be safe or something like that.

lol my wife says the same thing....she doesn't realize that whether she likes it or not, I'm buying an enduro bike.

nice bike you have indeed....

Bklyn.X

Skid Plates
Supporting Member
Founding Member
8)
Temps hit 70 today in Brooklyn so I dropped the battery back into the bike and went for a short ride.
Rolled down to Ferdinando's Focacceria for a Panelle Special, a sandwich made on seeded Italian with panelle topped with ricotta and Parmesan. All ingredients made in house; what a great sandwich!
Then down to Brooklyn Heights and enjoyed a cigar and the view.
IMAG0378.jpg

Last edited:

J Everett

Suspension Lift
Founding Member
Man, I used to want a Fat Boy pretty badly. Nice bike. But like some other guys have said, my wife is worried about me being safe or something. In my house, a bike = divorce, at least for now. Maybe one day I'll talk her into it.

Bklyn.X

Skid Plates
Supporting Member
Founding Member
I've been riding since before I met my wife so it would be hard for her to ask me to stop now. When we first started going out I was a bit of a "squid" riding Japanese sport bikes and even had a notion to race so the fatboy seems tame to her now.
I'm sure if I had just now decided to ride she would object.

CISO1969

Bought an X
Founding Member
I always wanted to ride. Had a lot of friends who did. I flipped a moped we messed with and a dirt bike, that plus the fact my parents would kill me (they had firends who died on bikes) I never really did. If I got one now I'd be a total poser--highway and major roads would scare the crap outta me. I guess it's a learning curve and you need to build experience.

In either case I'd be riding vintage--maybe a 47 Knucklehead or a 60's era worked panhead :D or even a triumph, norton etc

Id probably even do something ghey like put an homage to Brando on my jacket, the "BRMC" with skull and crossed pistons :)

(Black Rebel Motorcycle Club from the 1950's "The Wild Ones"-not that ghey internet youtube based band)

dhyde79

Titan Swapped / SAS'd
Founding Member
I've been riding since before I met my wife so it would be hard for her to ask me to stop now. When we first started going out I was a bit of a "squid" riding Japanese sport bikes and even had a notion to race so the fatboy seems tame to her now.
I'm sure if I had just now decided to ride she would object.

mine objects even knowing that I've been riding since I was 12.....but, she's going to lose the arguement, I'm getting an enduro, the fuel efficiency is a no brainer, and the fact that regardless of weather, I can still ride it (short of ice) I'll be fine....besides, there's fun trails at the local OHV area that I'd love to ride on a bike....

mantree

Wheeling
My wife refuses to ride on the back of mine anymore but she won't ever mention that I should stop riding.

45542773f25467532cee2e4b802d4537.jpg

Yes it's a honda (1974)
Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Bklyn.X

Skid Plates
Supporting Member
Founding Member
My wife refuses to ride on the back of mine anymore but she won't ever mention that I should stop riding.

45542773f25467532cee2e4b802d4537.jpg

Yes it's a honda (1974)

I just saw this! Cool! What engine?
I had a '78 Honda Super Sport back in the day. custom paint, Kerker headers, K&N stacks...rode her from Brooklyn to Daytona and back for Bike Week when I was a kid...wish I still had her. Wish I had a better picture of her;
Honda.jpg

Last edited:

mantree

Wheeling
I just saw this! Cool! What engine?
I had a '78 Honda Super Sport back in the day. custom paint, Kerker headers, K&N stacks...rode her from Brooklyn to Daytona and back for Bike Week when I was a kid...wish I still had her. Wish I had a better picture of her;
Picture001.jpg
His name is Mike (it was my uncles bike) it's a 74 cb750k sohc with a hot cam and rased the compretion my next step is to upgrade the ignition on it.

Bklyn.X

Skid Plates
Supporting Member
Founding Member
I haven’t made any upgrades since I last posted, just checkin' in.

The speed sensor failed sometime last season and I hadn’t noticed until a month or so ago. :roll: I guess I don’t really pay attention to it especially with my phone on the handlebar. With the sensor gone the mileage has not been up to date…kinda a plus if I ever sell or trade the thing in. Got it fixed anywho and she’s running well. Here is the latest photo I have of her.

7692DA78-C1F3-4D16-9C5B-A448257DDE29.jpeg

Bklyn.X

Skid Plates
Supporting Member
Founding Member
41B0C101-B647-4F6D-A6F1-483222653F95.jpeg

Well I'm legal until 2021. Figured I should get the sticker on the bike before I misplaced it. I was hoping to reinstall the battery, give her a bath and indulge in a bit of high speed self isolation but alas, it's raining. Maybe next weekend...

Last edited:

Bklyn.X

Skid Plates
Supporting Member
Founding Member
Damn, I haven't been to this thread in years. Not much has changed, I don't spend nearly enough time with her. I did add a Dart Flyscreen:

IMG_1427.jpeg

Mostly to hold my EzPass.

I have been trying to recreate picture I had of the FatBoy with the Roadster for a while and finally got it last Sunday, so here ya go:

IMG_1420.jpeg

Thanks for looking.:)