Memorial Thread for rigs layed low

BigWhite

Test Drive
Hey guys

Couldn't find anything else like this so I decided to start a thread.

Here are my former loves... may they rest in peices.

1998 Dodge Ram 1500 318 V8 and manual transmission.
I did a 6" fully functional suspension lift with 35" Duratracs.
Selling this beast is the biggest regret of my life.

trupem 2.jpgThis picture is deceptive but I have another picture with my buddy standing beside it and that front tire is at chest height. She was an articulation monster. Notice the sway bar is connected... man I wish I knew what sway bars did back then.
trupem.jpg
This was my Jeep, 1998 TJ Glacier bound edition. 4cyl manual transmision.
I did a 3.5" funtional suspension lift and added 33" BFG KM2's to the mix.
It also boasted a DIY custom rear bumper and CB radio. Good little rig.

jeepum 3.jpgJeepum.jpgjeepum2.jpg
Thanks for reading! Post back with some Pre-X-love pictures :D

AaronsX

Suspension Lift
Founding Member
1998 Jeep Wrangler TJ
Inline 4 cylinder
Manual Transmission
33"s and 31"s
Dynomax Exhaust system
IMG_0586.jpg

IMG_0650.jpg

Never got to wheel it but the 4x4 was great in the snow
f94ea853.jpg

Oz_X

First Fill-Up (of many)
Founding Member
I regret the day I sold my 1971 FJ55.

The Day I brought her home
LC01.jpg

Halfway through the bodywork
LC02.jpg

The day back from the paint shop (Front bumper not yet installed)
LC03.jpg

After this she got a set of new shoes (33" BFG MTs) - wheels PC'd to original federal gray.

I had a lot of great times wheeling her. One day on a whim I put a sign on her and 15 minutes later I was on the freeway on my way to work and a guy pulled me over and bought it on the spot. :(

We never appreciate what we have until its gone.

Macland

Titan Swapped / SAS'd
Founding Member
Nice idea on rigs gone by. I posted up a couple of mine in another thread but it really serves to people's other rigs they still currently own.

58169_512594984872_149101524_30358022_1401067_n.jpg

This was my papa's and I wish I didn't have to sell it :(

and this is what I sold to get the X.

STH71212.jpg

I only miss it a little.

R

ryandavenport

I just had a jeep. It doesn't deserve to be memorialized. You know how they say that people have a really strong connection with their first car (or at least that Subaru commercial says so)? Well, that's false...completely false.

Creepy Cruiser

Sliders
Site Sponsor
Founding Member
My old Yota. It wheeled so killer!

I loved that thing so much. Then one day I got this wild hair to strip it all down and paint it all new and shiny. Bad idea, then I just couldn't take it out in the woods and trash it anymore, or play "bump to pass" on the freeway with my buddies, so I sold it.

oldyotaSmall.jpg

toy2.jpg

R

ryandavenport

Creepy, please explain this bump to pass thing. It sounds fun

Sent from my DROIDX

Creepy Cruiser

Sliders
Site Sponsor
Founding Member
Well, basically, you're not allowed to pass your buddy on the freeway, unless you bump into him first. The rules say it doesn't matter where, as long as you make contact. So you can bump into the back bumper, or get up along side and trade a little paint with a little side nudge, or whatever, lol. It's very entertaining on long road trips.

We also have games for the mini truck guys that don't want body damage, like "Car tag". Basically you it's like normal tag, except you you do it while driving. Maybe you'll be hanging out the window on the freeway, or maybe at a traffic light you'll jump out and tag the guy in front of you, etc...

We have lots of insane road trip games. Needless to say, it's always entertaining to go anywhere with us, lol.

Roadwarrior

Titan Swapped / SAS'd
Founding Member
Well, basically, you're not allowed to pass your buddy on the freeway, unless you bump into him first. The rules say it doesn't matter where, as long as you make contact. So you can bump into the back bumper, or get up along side and trade a little paint with a little side nudge, or whatever, lol. It's very entertaining on long road trips.

We also have games for the mini truck guys that don't want body damage, like "Car tag". Basically you it's like normal tag, except you you do it while driving. Maybe you'll be hanging out the window on the freeway, or maybe at a traffic light you'll jump out and tag the guy in front of you, etc...

We have lots of insane road trip games. Needless to say, it's always entertaining to go anywhere with us, lol.

Fully armored, that would be a great game..

Sent from somewhere by something

David Boland

Bought an X
My first love...88 Ford F250 4x4 351W V8 with a 5spd manual trans and true dual exhaust, admittedly illegal with no cats or mufflers, not recommended but thoroughly enjoyable ;) My favorite thing was when someone pulled out in front of me or cut me off I would get in lane next to them and next light i would get the exhaust tip right next to their driver window and downshift...i know i know annoyingly obnoxious but i was young and stupid and it was fun at the time :) and so very very loud!

8427405790_9fc02d2ca9_m.jpg

8426318111_1c10d592e3_m.jpg

A friend and I after going back and forth across a very muddy field to our super secret fishing hole!
8426330707_bc1e2746f4_m.jpg

Sold it when I started college, it was killing me with the gas it sucked down. I still loved it tho!

midget

First Fill-Up (of many)
These are my last 2 trail only rigs. This was an old POS Chevy that my wifes father was so "generous" and gave us.... shortened up about 30" and bobbed with 34" tractor tires.
03080095154700.jpg

And this was my first SAS project.
Picture031.jpg

I killedit trying to scare my wife we went airborn and the landing shorted the efi out and I couldnt ever get it to work after that.

This was a fun trip........guy with 44"s was talking a big game but wouldnt hit the hole. So because Im a smart guy I hit it and spent the next 3 hours gettign it back out. 34s not quite up to the task.
Picture034.jpg

Last edited:

Airmapper

First Fill-Up (of many)
Well here is my old Escape, I thought the world of it at the time, but I don't miss it now I have the X. This little snot was a poser, the X isn't. But it hauled my butt to school, and then to work, all it ever really needed to and a lot more I made it do that it wasn't intended for. I look back and feel silly to ever have thought I could off road it, but I will say it makes you careful to wheel with something not made for it. It was a good vehicle, it shined on snow and went like a mad Yeti. I drove the snot out of it, help up like a champ.

Had an I4, 5 speed, and was 4x4 or AWD, whatever you care to call it you could turn at least one wheel on the front and back at the same time.

On the snow:
IMG_0042_1024_768.JPG

Stuck:
DSC02027.JPG

Best paint job it ever had:
IMG_3155.JPG

At it's best:
IMG_1176_800_600.JPG

After a deer called shotgun, from the side of the road:
IMG_2251_800_600.JPG

CrazySteve911

Need Bigger Tires
287878_3092112875355_16485465_o.jpg

The Red Baron, my first car. Got it for my 16th birthday. Came home from school and saw it in the driveway. I was like, whos at our house?

My stepdad then came down and tossed me the keys and says dont drink and drive.
Which is funny cause thats his beer in the picture..I spent a lot of time on that thing and it was dear to me. Had a 3 in suspension lift with 31 in tires and I replaced the whole front steering and rotors as you can tell in the picture. Went from the jeep to the Xterra. Miss the 4.0 but cant complain too much.

jmnielsen

Need Bigger Tires
This was my '07 Charger I sold to get my X. Boy do I miss that thing. It was the V6 3.5L HO but it was still quick! I got rid of it because I wanted something with 4wd. Wish I could have my X AND this bad boy.

DSC_0012.jpg

DSC_0001.jpg

Had dual flowmaster super 44's and once they were broken in it legit sounded like a V8. I had people ask me about it all the time.

DSC_0011.jpg

Here is my old Ninja 250, since upgraded to a Yamahammer FZ6

Motabike.jpg

Not pictured: my '99 tahoe, my parents bought it from me so it's still around. '97 Wrangler Sahara Edition, lifted with 33" BFG A/T's. '90 Camaro RS- custom sound system that placed 2nd in the entire state of Nebraska 3 years in a row, it had 50k miles when I bought it in '05. It was pristine and I loved that thing. BUT someone ran a red light and t-boned me and totalled it :(. and before that I drove my grandma's old 88 oldsmobile! Lots of vehicles for being only 21 but hey, I like to switch things up.