Prime'z X

Tay-Lo

I'm the king of junk food!
Also this:

aguqyseq.jpg

$40 from Harbor Freight. 500lb capacity. Yeah, I'd have to unload it and take it off before I can open the back, but it's always good to have more storage.

I was looking at that exact one a while back but didn't see any positive reviews.......

Prime

Shut up Baby, I know it!
Admin
FINALLY got the exhaust finished. With some Borla goodness. It drones a LITTLE bit at interstate speeds.

Shop charged me $175 to install the supplied Y-pipe and custom bend all the tubing for the catback. Install came out super clean.

sygadu6e.jpg

uge5e5ej.jpg

yqebe4en.jpg

Roadwarrior

Titan Swapped / SAS'd
Founding Member
Seeing how my trash can of a muffler now has a hole in it somewhere.. full on Ricer effect from 2700-2900 rpm.. I am going to need a new exhaust.

What made you choose the Borla? I guess now that I am in the market, I want to know what people have and why they like/dislike it.

Prime

Shut up Baby, I know it!
Admin
I've always liked how Borla sounds. Plus it's a straight through design for lower back pressure. The muffler was cheap on eBay. Like $60. Not the $150 that the big box stores want. I've had MagnaFlow & DynaMax on my Mustang in the past and wanted to do something different. And I hate Flowmaster.

robcarync

Sliders
Alright...real talk...do you actually notice any power or performance increase from doing the full exhaust headers back? I have a custom magnaflow cats-back, and am contemplating whether it is worth it to "finish the job" with the headers.

And let's see the cross over and Y pipe!

robcarync

Sliders
Power and gas mileage have both noticeably increased

Is it mid range power, low end acceleration, top end power, etc? Just curious...I am looking for something that I can do to help the sluggish very slow acceleration. Not that I expect to make it a race car...but anything that helps merge into traffic on the highway is a major help

Prime

Shut up Baby, I know it!
Admin
Out with the old (2x36w):

nugy2uma.jpg

In with the new! (1x100w):

yha6y9as.jpg

22" full of 10 x 10w Cree goodness.

Thankfully the hole spacing was close enough on the light bar that I didn't have to change anything but the lights themselves.

Should have it wired up and functional tomorrow.

Prime

Shut up Baby, I know it!
Admin
The old ones? Yeah. Same ones you just put on your bumper.

These two are spoken for. However. There will be two more in the near future.

Prime

Shut up Baby, I know it!
Admin
So.

No light.
8u4ehuva.jpg

Light bar only.
ne2e2ehe.jpg

Headlights and light bar
9eru7ugu.jpg

The extra 28 watts of power made a big difference.

Plus the single bar looks better.

xterraminator

Wheeling
Light bars look good! Was wondering has anyone ever cut out a hole in the plastic wind dam on roof rack so that the light bar would get mounted in behind it? As much as I like the light bars on top but when riding out here the first tree branch would scratch it or worse take the light bar right off. :( Looks good.

dhyde79

Titan Swapped / SAS'd
Founding Member
Light bars look good! Was wondering has anyone ever cut out a hole in the plastic wind dam on roof rack so that the light bar would get mounted in behind it? As much as I like the light bars on top but when riding out here the first tree branch would scratch it or worse take the light bar right off. :( Looks good.

I've actually considered exactly that with these 6" bars like he took off, going in between my factory mickey mouse lights and recessing these in the air dam, except, as he pointed out, A. you have to reinvent the mounting system, and B, that's even more loss of aerodynamics, which makes the already "not great" fuel economy even worse...

Prime

Shut up Baby, I know it!
Admin
No hoops. No top bars of any kind. Can't stand them. Just the bumper with some custom lighting. Because it's all about lights.